“Service was good. Food was a little disappointing.”

Fins Market and Grill
Ranked #341 of 455 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have been to Fin's many times and have always enjoyed the fresh seafood, especially the mussels. My husband and I had lunch there yesterday using a Groupon discount voucher. The menu items for the Groupon were somewhat limited but still acceptable. My husband had a cup of the New England clam chowder and the usual steamed mussels. The chowder was thick and tasty The mussels were small but nicely steamed in a wine garlic sauce and served with a slice of garlic toast. I had the crab tacos. The two tacos were served on soft flour tortillas with flaked crab, shredded mild cheddar cheese and shredded green and red cabbage with a mayo sauce. The tacos were a bit short on crab and the sauce was salty. Next time I'll order the fish tacos! Our Groupon included a dish of Tropical Dreams ice cream. I had the Brown Sugar flavor. It tasted like French vanilla and my husband's mint chip was just ordinary. Our server was efficient, pleasant and helpful. We were disappointed that the food was not up to the standard we expected. And, we will return to Fin's for lunch, perhaps at another location.

1  Thank Maryann L

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is my 2nd time to Fins Roseville, but unlike the first, which was nice, this turned out to be a bad experience, and loss of appetite. First, they ran out of Manhattan chowder, second, the waiter served the New England chowder to the people in my party but failed to bring mine. Next, he brought me the wrong salad dressing. I requested oil and vinegar, he gave me a ranch dressing. Lastly, he served my son-in-law a salad that looked like blood on the lip of the salad plate. We asked if it was blood and he said yes, apologized, and took it away. This ruined our appetite! We barely ate our meal. Since we used a Groupon coupon, we asked for a refund. The waiter said he could not refund us, nor could he get hold of the owner, and where was the manager? To make things worse, the waiter took the Groupon, told us he would not charge us for the meal, (It's a Groupon, meal already paid, hello?), wrote his name on it, then smeared the paper with his bloody finger, and circled it. This infuriated my son-in-law to the max that he flung his boxed meal over the counter, and we walked out.

1  Thank Raineo
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went with my daughter, her boyfriend, and grand daughter. We all had the combo platter which was great. The fish was cooked perfectly. Everyone commented how good the quality,and preparation was. We would definitely return the next time we go to California.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We've eaten at this Fins as well as the Fair Oaks Boulevard location and you will get the exact same thing every time... good food and service. The prices are a little on the high side, but for the quality it's certainly worth it. If you're a bit more budget conscious, stay away from the dinners and stick with the sandwiches which are still very good.

Their selection of fish is as good as you will find anywhere and always prepared to perfection. The service is attentive, speedy, and always friendly. The atmosphere is very nice.

The best part is the consistency, every time I've been to Fins, the quality is at the same high level. I just can't recall a visit where I wasn't completely satisfied and sure I would be back.

All in all, there's really nothing bad to say. Fins is a sure bet.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Their salmon sandwiches on the walnut bread are delicious, with their house-made tartar sauce. Their house slaw is good too in a simple vinegar and oil sweetened dressing. (the restaurant can smell a little fishy most of the time, which is a turn off when walking in--don't know if they need to empty their trash more often?) but once you adjust to the smell, its good food. :)

Been to Fins Market and Grill? Share your experiences!