“Fine Place to Stay. Brace Yourself - Low Taxes! ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Ogden, Utah
“Fine Place to Stay. Brace Yourself - Low Taxes! ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Sacramento last night, may need to go back to Sacramento today, but I figured we could stay east of there for a little less. True! In fact the savings paid for dinner for 2.
What blew me away was that in Taxifornia there's a place that doesn't just hose whip the traveler, amd this is it.
You see it's usually open season on taxing hotel guests, because chances are you don't vote where you stay at a hotel, so they load up on the taxes, fork it over!
In fact, Taxifornia thinks hosing the traveler is such a great idea to advance their expensive and unsustainable socialist style of government, they reward your tourism with about a 2% "Tourism Assessment Fee". They are double taxing you to come visit and spend gobs of money eating out, on hotels and at attractions.
Taxifornia politicians, can I remind you of the truth California Governor Ronald Reagan, later, thank God US President stated: Anything you tax, you get less of, anything you subsidize you get more of.
Taxes at the HIE in Sacramento were $14.29, at the HIE in, God Bless Roseville, $6.54. It adds up. The price of the room was only $18 less, but taxes were over 50% less!
California, if you want to survive, don't tax what already supports your state, or you'll get less and less of it.
Stay here to support sanity in government! Only 20 minutes back to Sacramento.
If you appreciate this analysis, please tell me by clicking the HELPFUL button, there's still no tax on that! Thanks.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HIEX1398, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you very much for making us aware of the tax structure of other properties. We are happy to know you were so satisfied with our prices!!

Please spread the word =)

We look forward to your return!

Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Roseville, CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I booked this place last minute since my normal hotel was full. Can't say I have enjoyed a single minute of the stay and will never come back. You can normally count on a HIE to be roughly the same as all the others, not this one.

Stained carpets and underpar breakfast. Kids running up and down the halls at all hours. Sesame seeds between the sheets and bed covers. Did the sheets even get changed between guests?

The room I have is at the end and the wifi does not seem to travel this far. Nearly impossible to be in the room and get any work done.

If I had not prepaid for the room I would be long gone.

Room Tip: Avoid if you plan on sleeping or working.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank kenr74
HIEX1398, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for contacting the HIEX Roseville regarding your recent stay. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you encountered.

It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer service. We rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I trust the action taken on your behalf will bring a sense of resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.

I would love to personally speak with you regarding this matter. If you have the time, please contact me directly at 916-774-6060 EXT: 403.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies and I look forward to hearing from you.

HIEX-Roseville, CA
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I am a hotel snob and never in my life would expect to be staying at a Holiday Inn Express. However due to a family member being very sick at the hospital across the street we decided to check in to HIEX. This property is excellent. Great location, quiet, clean, and up to date. But what makes it truly special is the staff. They go above and beyond. Anything you need they bring it to you, if you forgot a toothbrush, they have it, a razor, they have it. What ever you need they try to accommodate you. The staff is friendly and compassionate. I informed a graveyard shirt staff employee that I had lost a relative that morning and a couple hours later the staff member had left flowers at our door. It is the little things like this that make you feel like they care. And the staff at the HIEX really do care. They also do a free breakfast which is wonderful and I must state again that the rooms are clean and spacious. I will definitely rethink staying at a HIEX. I loved this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding The Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites a leader in excellence.

If you have the time, we would love for you to share your experience on hi-guestrelations@ihg.com.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Roseville, CA
Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed for the last weekend in June as we had relatives in the area . There were 10 in our party so booked 3 rooms had a long drive from Vegas but rooms were ready and spotless. Beds were very comfortable pool a good size .Breakfast was great plenty of choice and items replenished on a regular basis the young man and girl working the kitchen were excellent .
Would certainly stay again and having stayed at 3 other Holiday Inns on our trip this was the best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HIEX1398, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for contacting TripAdvisor regarding your most recent stay with us. It is extremely wonderful to hear how multiple staff member’s assisted you with your needs. We are always pleased to hear our staff has made your stay a wonderful experience.

We look forward to your return! Thank you for choose the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Roseville. Thanks again for your lovely comment. See you soon!

Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Roseville, CA
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, Roseville-Galleria from July 7-11, 2014. The front desk staff were all courteous and helpful, but after I checked out and was checking upcoming reservations I realized I did not have a reservation for an upcoming stay on July 28th. I went to the website but the rate I am authorized to claim was not available, so I called the hotel to see if my normal rate was available. Brittany took my call and was especially helpful in making sure my reservation was set up at my normal rate. What a relief to know that she was able to set up a reservation I could not get on the website. Thanks, Brittany for a job well done!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
HIEX1398, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you so much for contacting TripAdvisor regarding your most recent stay with us. It is extremely wonderful to hear how Brittany assisted you with your needs.

We look forward to your return!

Holiday Inn Express and Suites- Roseville, CA
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights at this hotel. In general it was a positive experience. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was nice, a nice selection of breakfast items with one exception...fresh fruit. The choice when we were in there was green bananas. The scrambled eggs the first day were fresh and tasty. The second morning it was an omelet, but when I took a bite it tasted like American cheese inside, not too tasty. I scooped it off and ate the egg. The only other minor flaw was in our bathroom. The grout was coming loose on the tile floor in more than one spot. Stepping on a loose piece of grout with your bare foot is not pleasant. That said, I would probably stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank cm62357
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your experience us. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your comments have been reviewed by the hotel’s management and appropriate action has been taken. We assure you the situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.

We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We hope to welcome you back sometime soon to provide a level of service you expect from Hiex - Roseville, CA.

Please feel free to contact me directly for future reservations.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Not quite sure what to think of this HIE. Staff was courteous & efficient. Room was clean and comfortable (esp the pillows at this one). It was generally what we've come to expect from this chain. But... There seem to be a bit of inattention to detail. Some home-generated signs were not affixed properly. The items in the breakfast buffet were not kept hot. In our room there was a large stain around the perimeter of the granite sink - not sure how that came to be but it was rather unsightly. As someone else pointed out, there is not a surfeit of parking. Don't know if they ever run out - ? In our room w two queen-sized beds there was only one chair, so only non-bed seating for one. There was a smaller number of TV channels than we have come to expect. We wanted to use the guest laundry but didn't see one on the map in our room or described in the notebook manual that came with the room. I accidentally saw a sign for it on our second day. This is a nice chain but I don't know, for some reason this particular HIE didn't seem to quite reach the mark. It is, however, convenient to that Galleria area and for getting onto I-80.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
HIEX1398, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The Holiday Inn Express is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of service. We regret we fell short of our goal in this instance.

Please accept our sincere apologies. We are looking forward to having you back with us to provide you the level of service you expect from InterContinental Hotels Group Hotels.