“2nd Stay Comped but just as bad as first” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Oroville
“2nd Stay Comped but just as bad as first”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed my first stay at this hotel for 4 nights through priceline, and I was not pleased with the service, changed rooms several times.

during the first time here, i had major problems during each day..1st room had mold in the shower, so they moved me to another room, which was located to a utility room where staff was banging around.. so they upgraded me to a suite..the suite was great, but the last 2 days, while using the ice machine, which was located on the 1st FLOOR because there was not one on the 2nd floor where i was! and the 3rd floor one was out of order, anyways, while getting the ice out of the ice bucket in my room from the machine from down stairs, there was a glob of grease, then on my last night here, while getting ice from the same machine, i got ice again from the bucket, and noticed a foreign object, i pulled it out and noticed it was a mildewed kernel of corn.i was very disgusted.

the manager decided to comp me 1 night for my inconvenience, but i was upset because i had problems every night, so she comped me 4 nights instead, so i returned a couple weeks later for my 4 nights.. and the problems did not stop...

the entire 4 nights i was there, i got a total of about 4 hours of sleep, the room i was located in was 120 on the bottom floor, located at the end of the corridor, next to the exit door. at this point, because the room was comped, i was not going to complain anymore, so i just lived through it, while the entire stay that i was there, a group of people in several of the rooms were going in and out of the exit door and their rooms, slamming the doors all night long from 10pm until 7:30am.

on another day, when i came back from lunch, and housekeeping had finished cleaning, if that is what you want to call it, had not even stocked the bathroom, no wash cloths, no coffee, a bath towel laying on the counter, and soap scum not cleaned in the shower even.

the one day that i was REALLY UPSET, was the day i came back from lunch, about 1:15 to 1:30, and notice that the security swing latch was flipped over, holding the door open, as they do with doors all the time while they are cleaning rooms.. well, I was informed that the housekeeping staff goes to lunch at 1:00. the latch was flipped over and the housekeeping staff was gone..the whole time my room was left unattended, and unsecured, while on the desk sat several thousands of dollars worth of electronics of mine., my laptop, my iPad, my cables, cords, hard drive, etc. and the door was open for anyone in the hotel to steal it.and the only response i got from the manager was, the issue will be addressed and that member of the staff will be dealt with.

all in all, I did not appreciate the housekeeping's Independence and lack of guests safety, but the front desk customer service rep's was good.

i would NOT recommend this hotel based on the housekeeping staff for safety, nor the showers mold issues if you are allergic to mold like i am, avoid the 2nd floor if you want ice, but go on the 2nd floor if you want to do your laundry instead, complementary breakfast in the mornings is good too.

Room Tip: avoid room 120 if you want good sleep, 2nd floor does not have ice machine but laundry room with 1 s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank davidh75
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear davidh75,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am truly sorry to hear that this particular visit was a disappointment due to the mishaps in the service of the staff and condition of the rooms that you were given. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, thank you and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
melville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

First of all I love holidays inn usually my first choice for a hotel because it is clean and comfortable and we enjoy the complimentary breakfast. This holiday inn did not hold up to our expectations at all no yogurt,no eggs, all the juices were watered down staff not very friendly in the breakfast bar area.Tables were un kept .We were very surprised, we ate out the next morning. I know californias economy is hurting but Im surprised that corners were being cut at a holiday inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
HIEX1398, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction, which is the first step towards improvement of our services.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your comments have been reviewed by the hotel’s management and appropriate action has been taken. We assure you that situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.

The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. We would like the opportunity to welcome you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from InterContinental Hotels Group.

We look forward to your return visit
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just made a return visit to this property this week. It remains an excellent place with an excellent and friendly staff and spacious, clean comfortable rooms.

The breakfast is well stocked and very good.

This is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
HIEX1398, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review-we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with stay us, we loved having you here! We appreciate your feedback-especially about our Customer Service! Thank you so much for continuously staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Roseville, your new home away from home!
Santa Rosa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip I was by myself, but because I am a Priority Club member I was upgraded to a suite at no additional charge. The Suite was very comfortable and had a VERY NICE basket of complimentary snacks and a soda. Room was clean, breakfast was your standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Not sure what else to say, Nice clean room, good price, what more could you want?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ToddtheWodd
HIEX1398, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor! We work hard to earn these good reviews and appreciate hearing from our guests! We provide many items that add value to your stay such as Complimentary Hot Breakfast and Complimentary Coffee/Tea all day. We are extremely happy to see you enjoyed your repeat guest basket that was placed into your room. Thank you again for your lovely comments and we can not wait for your return!
Paradise, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. I had my very friendly pit bull with me and everybody loved her and made us feel comfortable. On top of having economical rooms they had a good continental breakfast. Behind the hotel is a bike trail next to a creek, very nice and convenient, especially with a dog. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with or without a dog.

Room Tip: It was kind of noisy do to traffic toward to front of the hotel, so maybe choose a middle to back ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashley P
HIEX1398, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor! We work hard to earn these good reviews and appreciate hearing from our guests! We are lucky to have the beautiful walking trail conveniently located behind our property, at our guests leisure. We can't wait for your return and thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I visit our son, daughter-in-law, and new grandson who live in Roseville. Everytime we visit, we choose to stay at the Holilday Inn Express, Roseville-Galleria Area because of the excellent service. Guest relations always addresses our needs immediately and efficiently. Rooms are always clean, equipment always in great working order, and the breakfast in outstanding. In the past year, we stayed at this hotel a total of six times. Because of the service we receive, whenever we are on the road and need a place to stay, we choose Holiday Inn Express recently staying in the Delano hotel and the San Diego hotel. There is no perfect place; however, whenever there is a problem it is handled immediately and to our satisfaction. The Front Desk Manager, Amy Schiro, takes extra care to make our stay a wonderful experience. We receive a letter from Ms. Schiro thanking us for our visit. We have been married 41 years and this hotel is the first to send us personal correspndence. You are making a wise choice to stay here!

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful, however, we prefer the rooms with a few of the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna H

We are always very happy when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received. We are so pleased to see that Amy has been taking excellent care of you every time you stay with us. We can not wait for your return. Your comments will be passed on to her, and as well as the rest of the team as reinforcement to keep the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites a leader in excellence.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very nice staff, and is a small hotel and quiet. The room I stayed in had two queen beds, an exquisite HD television about 25-30 inches, free wifi, and very clean bathroom, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator. The hotel room was only 100 dollars or less on the weekends at least when I stayed. The only problem I had about this hotel is just when you walk into te hotel lobby that the ceiling is too low but I don't think that the hotel can change that. Oww it is also 3 stories tall, and has an aray of restaurants around it like: Mimi's Cafe, Cheesecake Factory, Tahoe joes, ect.. These are all in a 1 mile radius. Of you have never gone to the Cheesecake Factory I recommend that you should defiantly go, but the food might be a bit pricey but you always get what you pay for a very large meal. But also Cheesecake Factory is apart of a mall so it gets crowed very quickly on the weekends. There is also a target, and the galeeia mall in a mile distance oww and bj's restaurant and brew house. Bj's is a very good reastant with Afordable prices, but get very crowed towards dinner hours so I would call ahead and make a call ahead which pushes you ahead of everyone else that just walks into bj's with out a call ahead. So any way this was a good hotel. You get all the amentaties if an average room, but in the room there is also an iPod dock alarm clock which I thought was amazing.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
HIEX1398, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for contacting TripAdvisor regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roseville. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.

We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed are many options when it comes to dining in the area. Thank you so much for your comments we look forward to your return.