“Excellent sourdough pancakes, etc.”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #43 of 442 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: TO OUR CUSTOMERS,It is our constant objective to serve you the finest pancakes and best breakfast available in Roseville and the whole Sacramento area. We strive to give you pleasant, courteous and unobtrusive service. We hope you will consider visiting us in Roseville, CA and trying one of our delicious pancakes, crepes, omelettes, waffles, or even lunch food. We also offer gluten-free friendly pancakes, waffles, sandwiches, and more. We use the highest quality ingredients possible, including fresh & local fruit and 93 score butter. We are sure we will “wow” your palette! Don’t settle for sub-standard breakfast. Join us to experience the difference that quality ingredients and quality people will make.We appreciate your patronage,Steve & Linda Smith, OwnersSome things that make our breakfast unique at The Original Pancake House in Roseville, CA:- Our Pancake Batter takes five days to make!- We serve fresh fruit from local farms.- Our coffee is a blend designed exclusively for our store.- Try some of our fresh squeezed orange juice for a change.- We make our own whipped cream.- Our lingonberries are imported from Sweden.- We do not use frozen or liquid eggs, only AA Grade fresh eggs.- Our meats are dry-cured and hickory-smoked.- 93 score butter is the highest grade possible, and we use it!
Rocklin, California
“Excellent sourdough pancakes, etc.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Breakfasts are wonderful. They have every variety
you can think of. But service is very slow and
coffee is never hot, just warm.

Visited February 2014

Gardnerville, Nevada
“Gluten Free Friendly!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I did not know that this restaurant had GF options when we chose it. There were little wheat icons on many of the menu items, and when we asked what it meant, we were told we could get that menu item GF. I was so excited! I and my two daughters chose the GF option for our breakfasts. They chose to order large OJ's and I ordered decaf coffee. The meals was phenomenal! The coffee was fresh and tasty, served in a classic coffee cup, not a mug.

Then the bill came...

Two OJs were OVER $8.00; my coffee was $3.00; and our waitress neglected to inform us that choosing GF was an extra $1.00 per menu item. For three people, our bill was a whopping $44.00!

When I was paying our bill, I told the checker that the extra GF charges would be coming out of the nice tip I'd planned on leaving the waitress.

I would recommend eating here, the service really was fantastic and the food delicious. Just be aware of what you're paying for.

Visited December 2013
Sumter, South Carolina
“You can't go wrong with pancakes!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

For brunch we chose the Original Pancake House. Their menu offered a ton of yummy sounding options. I decided to go with the crepes which were very tasty. My husband had an omelet which was HUGE and came with pancakes. Everything tasted great!

• Visited November 2013
Lincoln, CA
“Best Pancakes in area”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We have been patron of this OPH since we moved her 7 years ago. The owners take great pride in the restaurant and the food. The place is spotless and very well maintained. Even the washroom have 'real' TP! If you like pancakes this is the place. They have some great seasonal specials - like awesome pumpkin pancake in the fall, fresh fruits when available in the summer. Their potato pancakes are the best we have had.

Visited October 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent Pancakes”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great pancakes and above average breakfast food, but a bit on the pricey side compared to restaurants in the area.

Visited February 2013