“Average pancake place”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #45 of 456 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: TO OUR CUSTOMERS - it is our constant objective to serve you the finest pancakes and best breakfast available in Roseville and the whole Sacramento area. We strive to give you pleasant, courteous and unobtrusive service. We hope you will consider visiting us in Roseville, CA and trying one of our delicious pancakes, crepes, omelettes, waffles, or even lunch food. We also offer gluten-free friendly pancakes, waffles, sandwiches, and more. We use the highest quality ingredients possible, including fresh & local fruit and 93 score butter. We are sure we will “wow” your palette! Don’t settle for sub-standard breakfast. Join us to experience the difference that quality ingredients and quality people will make. We appreciate your patronage, Steve & Linda Smith, Owners. Some things that make our breakfast unique at The Original Pancake House in Roseville, CA:- Our pancake batter takes five days to make!- We serve fresh fruit from local farms - Our coffee is a blend designed exclusively for our store - Try some of our fresh squeezed orange juice for a change - We make our own whipped cream - Our lingonberries are imported from Sweden - We do not use frozen or liquid eggs, only AA Grade fresh eggs - Our meats are dry-cured and hickory-smoked - 93 score butter is the highest grade possible, and we use it!
Reviewed February 12, 2012

There is nothing wrong with being average because it gets boring to go to IHop all the time. This is comparable.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Many kinds of pancakes, waffles, omelets and other breakfast offerings. Rather bland atmosphere, but food and good service make the experience great.

1  Thank metalmomma
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We've been to the OPH many times over the years. The service is always good, and the food is always AMAZING. In every detail, the food tastes real and fresh. The coffee is especially good. Somehow, even the wheat pancakes are great!

My one complaint- it's expensive and they don't really have small serving sizes. I'm not a big breakfast eater and even the smallest meals are about $7! It's almost impossible to get a meal that DOESN'T include pancakes... and so I often get more than I really want (or want to pay for!) But if you want a nice breakfast, it can't be beat. The owner is super nice too.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

This was my second visit to the Original Pancake House. The first time it was just my husband and I.

On our first visit, my husband got the Dutch Baby and I got the bacon and cheese omelet. The service was okay but it's always a good sign when a small place is busy. My husband enjoyed his Dutch Baby and it seemed to be a good portion size. My omelet was good but, if this is even possible, there was too much bacon on it and it was a bit overwhelming. It was a good visit then but nothing extraordinary.

On our visit today, my husband got the Irish omelet, I got the ham and cheese omelet, our daughter got the bacon pancakes and our son got the chocolate chip pancakes. Really busy this time so, again, service was hit or miss. The server was very nice, though, so that made up for having to wait a bit. As for the food, my husband enjoyed his omelet and I found mine okay. Our daughter had the same problem with her bacon pancakes that I did with my bacon omelet last time and she ended up having to scrape off most of the bacon. Our son felt there was just too much chocolate going on in his pancakes and only ate half. Now, most people would say that having more is better but I don't think it's good when it totally overpowers the meal. I ended up getting a side of American fried potatoes for myself and our daughter and they were pretty good. Again, a little too much salt.

If you have read my reviews then you would know that I usually speak highly of the places I visit but the two things that bring this review down to only 3 stars are the quality of the food and the fact they are a bit pricey. All in all, my husband and I might go back but I think it won't be for awhile.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Simple food with great service. Ashley remains our favorite at this restaurant. She has a great disposition and adds a lot the to dining experience (if a pancake house can be "a dining experience"). One of the few places I can get buckwheat pancakes. The 2x2x2 is always a favorite with us as well and was enjoyed with grapefruit juice and green tea.