“Wasn't too impressed.” 3 of 5 stars

Mikuni Japanese Restaurant And Sushi Bar
Ranked #2 of 416 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roseville, CA
“Wasn't too impressed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had heard great things about this place, and many people we know have talked it up. I took my Japanese husband here and we were not impressed by the food. I mean the grilled edamame was a good started, but the rolls were nothing special. We like Blue Nami's rolls much better.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Sheena S

Granite Bay, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

fresh fish, great service. The stmosphere was good, it is crowded! Prices are a bit high but so is the food quality. I would return again.

Visited May 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A wonderful Japanese restaurant---our whole family loves this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We have eaten at Mikuni many times---at two different locations in Roseville. The food is outstanding and truly delicious. The staff is friendly and everyone is welcomed at the door. Lots of fun. Our family, including grandchildren, love this restaurant and always ask to return. Prices are moderate. If you love good sushi, don't miss this great place---many locations.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank hotgrandmacwt
Modesto
“Not All Menu Items Are Equal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We decided to visit this restaurant based on the Trip Advisor Reviewers giving this place a number one rating for all of Roseville. We did not have time to read the other reviews for recommendations about what to order, so we had to wing it.
We ate on a Monday morning (opens at 11:30AM). Both of us ordered Bento boxes. I had the Sesame Chicken and Shrimp/Vegetable Tempura. My companion had Teriyaki Salmon and Potato Croquet.
My selection was unwise as I did not realize the Sesame Chicken would come deep fried with a tempura coating. Therefore, my entire Bento was mostly deep fried. The food was good, but not as good as I had expected based on the review ranking.
My companion's Teriyaki Salmon was excellent. However, the Potato Croquet was only average. In addition, she had an upset stomach later in the afternoon, which she attributed to the meal.
Based on the experience, we recommend that you avoid the Bento boxes, which are the less expensive menu items, and stick to the items most highly recommended by the other reviewers.
The service was excellent and the place was very clean. The restrooms were clean and well stocked. Parking was ample.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Modestotrekkerl
Roseville, California
“Right beside Century Theater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

So what's a vegetarian like myself doing giving Mikuni's a five-star review? Best vege tempura in town!! And great service.

My wife enjoys all sorts of sushi when we go, but I stick with the least-greasy vegetable tempura I've ever had. And the location is convenient for after-movie dining. Place is always busy!!

Visited December 2012