“Fantastic restaurant in Roseville area!!”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 448 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roseville Parkway
Description: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Roseville, California
“Fantastic restaurant in Roseville area!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Second time here in the past year, both times our expectations were exceeded. This time was midweek and there were plenty of tables available. Dining room is beautiful, kitchen is exposed and the staff were friendly and efficient. The two of us sat down at a table set for four, and within seconds the extra place settings were removed...try to find that little touch at a chain restaurant. The wine list is pretty big and they even had local wineries represented. As always in places like this, expect to pay $50 for a $10 bottle. Oh well, maybe I'll bring my own next time and pay the corkage fee. Menu was diverse and everything looked good. They had a seasonal menu attached, which is what we chose our entrees from. Prices for the entrees ranged from the high teens to the mid thirties. Plenty of choices in the $20-25 range. The house sald was excellent at $8 and the tomato bacon soup was tempting. This is now our go-to place in the area for upscale dining at affordable prices! There are a lot of choices nearby, but this place is the best. Great food, well presented, attentive staff and beautiful dining room helped make our night wonderful.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank silverstater
Rob R, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I appreciate all feedback and am very glad your experience was so pleasant. I will discuss this review with my wine manager and have her take a look to make sure all the wines are adhering to our corporate formulas and see if there are any opportunities for more price friendly wines.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wednesday night mediocrity.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Well, it's the no.1 place in trip advisor, se we gave it a whirl. The service was good, although we had three different waitstaff looking after us. The wine was good, I had the seafood grill, it was pleasant, but nothing special. I was with good company, which helped the evening, but in all honesty, I probably wouldn't rush back.

• Visited August 2013
It sounds like the food was not up to the standard it should have been during your last experience with us. I will be sharing this review with my chef to improve that issue. Thank you for your response and I hope you will try us again in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
“positively delicious !!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We always enjoy Il Fornaio with its wonderful breads, delicious salads, great pastas, incredible chicken and fish specialties.. They seem to add even more spice when they offer regional dishes from the different areas in Italy. The ambience, and location are superb! It is a definite 'MUST' !!

Visited August 2013
Rob R, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review of our restaurant. I apologize for not being able to respond sooner as our account access just recently came online. I'm so glad you had a great time and look forward to your next visit with us.
Sincerely;
Rob
Oakland, CA
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I cannot say enough about the service. It was truly friendly, helpful and attentive. Its located in a shopping center, but the outdoor veranda felt removed. The food was very satisfying, I particularly like seafood basil dish.

Visited August 2013
Rob R, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for your Trip Advisor review. So glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us. The patio can be sparsely seated sometimes in the summer when its hotter. I understand how that can make someone feel kind of removed The patio gets much busier in the fall and winter. Hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely;
Rob
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Good basic Italian”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I understand this is a chain (and it sort of shows) but the happy hour was nice (great service in the bar!) The food was very good - nothing inspired or over the top, but that's exactly what we were looking for. Wait staff seemed aloof during dinner (Monday evening, not crowded at all)

Visited July 2013