“THE BEST!”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 460 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roseville Parkway
Description: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Oh my goodness there is a reason this is number one! The food is impeccable and has never failed to be delicious. It's top quality plus the service is good too. I've tried lots of things from the menu and have never been disappointed. Great for families during the afternoon and perfect for business/romantic/formal in the evenings.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Whenever I'm in the Sacramento area, I never miss lunch or dinner at Il Fornaio. This time was disappointing. The pasta, Cappellacci di Zucca (butternut squash with walnuts) was wonderful, as was the bread.

But, the two salads were UNfresh! The Caprese (vine-ripened tomatoes with mozzarella and basil) had tomatoes that were 2-3 days past fresh (mealy insides). I was shocked, as the tomatoes are the main part of this salad. The Insalata al Balsamico (organic baby lettuces) was served with all of the old, yellow, innermost parts of the lettuce. There is no excuse for unfresh salads--this is California, and there are probably many farms within a couple miles of this restaurant. When I mentioned this to the server, she did not bother to apologize or adjust the bill.
Management needs to have a serious talk with their salad people and a meeting on proper customer service with the staff.

Hopefully, this restaurant is not going downhill.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Il fornaio is one of our favorite restaurants in this area. Excellent service and food choices. We were disappointed on this visit as no veal or mashed potatoes were available. We have always had excellent service by the staff.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

For lunch I chose Salmon. I'm reluctant to order Salmon because of it's tendency to be dry if overcooked, but the Lemon-Celery sauce intrigued me. I was impressed by the sauce and the moist piece of properly done Salmon that arrived. Kudos to the chef. One companion had Ravioli, another Steak. everything arrived as ordered and well prepared. Everyone was impressed with their meal. Service was good, servers were competent and polite. I've got to remember to go back more often.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We picked this restaurant because it was # 1 Italian in Roseville on Trip Advisor. They were very helpful in setting up a luncheon for our son who just graduated from Cal Berkeley. We had 26 guests and everyone had a great time. The meal and service was well above average.

Been to Il Fornaio? Share your experiences!