“Well Handled Fish”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 443 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roseville Parkway
Description: Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Meadow Vista, California
“Well Handled Fish”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

For lunch I chose Salmon. I'm reluctant to order Salmon because of it's tendency to be dry if overcooked, but the Lemon-Celery sauce intrigued me. I was impressed by the sauce and the moist piece of properly done Salmon that arrived. Kudos to the chef. One companion had Ravioli, another Steak. everything arrived as ordered and well prepared. Everyone was impressed with their meal. Service was good, servers were competent and polite. I've got to remember to go back more often.

Auburn, California
“Great Place For A Luncheon”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We picked this restaurant because it was # 1 Italian in Roseville on Trip Advisor. They were very helpful in setting up a luncheon for our son who just graduated from Cal Berkeley. We had 26 guests and everyone had a great time. The meal and service was well above average.

Saratoga, CA
“Best restaurant in Roseville”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My tennis team spent three days in Roseville because of a USTA league tennis event. We ate twice at Il Fornaio. I've been to Roseville a lot, and in my mind, there's no question that Il Fornaio is the best restaurant in the city. The service each time was great. My friend and I arrived a few minutes before the reservation, and as we waited at the bar's edge while the rest of the group trickled in, a couple of servers stopped by to ask if we needed anything. We said we didn't, but she still brought us a glass of ice water. The same attitude permeated the rest of the wait staff both nights: whatever they could think of to make our visit better, they did it whether we requested it or not.

On top of that, the food was really well prepared. We had cocktails and ordered off the wine list too. The prices were reasonable and there were some pretty interesting wines on the list. The menu has all kinds of choices, whether you want fish, some other kind of meat, or pasta. Everyone agreed it is probably Roseville's best.

1 Thank CoachDave37
Roseville, California, USA
“Regional Menu”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We go to IlFornaio at least once a month and try the Regional Menu which changes every month depending upon the region of Italy they decide to do the menu on. We've been going monthly for years and all the food is outstanding. IlFornaio makes everything from scratch with high quality ingredients, which is so much tastier than the average restaurant which gets a lot of their food from Cisco. There is a huge difference in the taste of food made from scratch with real chefs as opposed to low paying cooks putting already made food together and heating it up. If you dine out as much as we do, you'll notice a big difference and want to dine only at high quality dining restaurants like IlFornaio. The salads, soups, main entrees and desserts are home made, gourmet and top quality. It's been our favorite restaurant since it opened. I would highly recommend IlFornaio for anyone that cares about the quality of their food. The ambiance is also excellent.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Marilyn L
Roseville, California
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have eaten here a few times with my wife and we find it very good. I have eaten at their restaurants in Vegas and Seattle, and this one is every bit as good. They have a nice outdoor seating area, good food and prompt service. What has really surprised me is we have gone at 7 pm on Friday and Saturday nights and been able to get in. Very surprising given how good and reasonable it is.

• Visited April 2013