WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #49 of 424 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Oakland, CA
“Family owned and very authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Its is quite funky but obviously loved by its owners. The food was very good and well spiced. The service was quite good for this somewhat unassuming location.

Visited August 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Clean, good service, food is not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Maybe I have been spoiled by living in Toronto, or by the awesome Thai food I had in Auburn on Thursday. I ordered green curry - and what I got had the strangest green colour - something like Emerald City in the Wizard of Oz. It was medium spicy but tasteless. The eggplant was not cooked, and neither was the seafood. I left 90% on the table, and decided I really wasn't that hungry.

Sigh - the reviews seemed great - I feel bad saying this is a pass - but I wouldn't go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“A Casual Dining for a Casual Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent a casual evening dining with a friend in this Thai restaurant. The overall atmosphere is very clean, comfortable and relaxing. The food was a bit on the salty side (according to my taste buds) but overall good. The server even made a recommendation on what to eat since I have not been there.

I always peek on the back room of each restaurant I visit specially the kitchen and restroom. This place needed a little organizing.

Will I go back? yes.

• Visited April 2013
roseville
“Love Thai Basil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Located in a non descript location off Douglas Blvd. next to the Office Depot, Thai Basil is one of longer standing restaurants in Roseville, CA, going back to when there where not a lot of quality restaurants to choose from. Thai Basil has survived the recession and seems to be prospering which should say a lot about the food and service. I hadn't been there in a while so my wife and I stopped in the on a recent Thursday night. As we walked in we noticed a solo music artist was playing some delightful low key guitar and multiple flutes which is perfect for the restaurants ambience. We ordered the 1/2 chicken and a thai noodle dish. Both were delicious and the chicken was excellent. Even with just two dishes and rice, the portions were more than enough and we even had chicken left to take home. Take out or eat in, it's a great choice.

• Visited February 2013
Fair Oaks, California
“Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

It's taken me 5 years to try this place since someone recommended it to me......I wish I hadn't waited for so long. The interior of the restaurant is beautiful.....the walls are done in different, complimentary colors, the furnishing are lovely, the chairs are oversized and very comfortable....and then there is the food !!! I am not familiar with Thai cuisine so I ordered something very basic, the PAD THAI ,( noodles with prawns, chicken, tofu, egg and bean sprouts, sprinkled with roasted peanuts) The presentation was a work of art, almost hated to dismantle it .....and the food was delicious! The prawns were absolutely fresh and succulent, the overall flavor of the dish was interesting , but not spicy, all of the ingredients were fresh and well prepared. I will be a regular customer here, and will bring my friends, too.

• Visited January 2013