“A Casual Dining for a Casual Evening”
Review of Thai Basil

Thai Basil
Ranked #63 of 443 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Thai
San Francisco, California
“A Casual Dining for a Casual Evening”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent a casual evening dining with a friend in this Thai restaurant. The overall atmosphere is very clean, comfortable and relaxing. The food was a bit on the salty side (according to my taste buds) but overall good. The server even made a recommendation on what to eat since I have not been there.

I always peek on the back room of each restaurant I visit specially the kitchen and restroom. This place needed a little organizing.

Will I go back? yes.

• Visited April 2013

roseville
“Love Thai Basil”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Located in a non descript location off Douglas Blvd. next to the Office Depot, Thai Basil is one of longer standing restaurants in Roseville, CA, going back to when there where not a lot of quality restaurants to choose from. Thai Basil has survived the recession and seems to be prospering which should say a lot about the food and service. I hadn't been there in a while so my wife and I stopped in the on a recent Thursday night. As we walked in we noticed a solo music artist was playing some delightful low key guitar and multiple flutes which is perfect for the restaurants ambience. We ordered the 1/2 chicken and a thai noodle dish. Both were delicious and the chicken was excellent. Even with just two dishes and rice, the portions were more than enough and we even had chicken left to take home. Take out or eat in, it's a great choice.

• Visited February 2013
Fair Oaks, California
“Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

It's taken me 5 years to try this place since someone recommended it to me......I wish I hadn't waited for so long. The interior of the restaurant is beautiful.....the walls are done in different, complimentary colors, the furnishing are lovely, the chairs are oversized and very comfortable....and then there is the food !!! I am not familiar with Thai cuisine so I ordered something very basic, the PAD THAI ,( noodles with prawns, chicken, tofu, egg and bean sprouts, sprinkled with roasted peanuts) The presentation was a work of art, almost hated to dismantle it .....and the food was delicious! The prawns were absolutely fresh and succulent, the overall flavor of the dish was interesting , but not spicy, all of the ingredients were fresh and well prepared. I will be a regular customer here, and will bring my friends, too.

• Visited January 2013
Roseville, California
“This one is EASY!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

You know how you sometimes like a place that is an absolute know quantity? Thai Basil!

This is a small Thai restaurant back off the north side of Douglas Blvd, that just never varies -- in the quality of service and the excellence of the food. For vegetarians like me, they never blink an eye when I order green curry with tofu.

So if you want a place for Thai where you don't have to exert yourself for a great meal - Thai Basil.

• Visited September 2012
British Columbia, Canada
“Yummy food.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We ordered some chicken in coconut and yellow curry sauce and veges in peanut sauce, with sticky rice. Very tasty and large portions. Excellent service. We would have appreciated some Thai music to go with the dinner instead of the soft rock that was playing. We would definitely eat there again.

• Visited November 2012