“Best Indian”

Mehfil Indian Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 456 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We found this restaurant about one year ago. We go almost every Tuesday night for their buffet. Buffet is only on Tuesdays(5-9pm). It is the best Indian buffet. Where do I start. They have a large vegetarian section. The Butter Chicken is to die for. Large assortment of hot dishes. If you are not sure you like Indian food try this buffet. Buffet comes with Naan bread and Chai tea.
It is a family run restaurant. Their children are so well mannered and polite. They are so kind and helpful. Once they know you they always greet you with a hug.
You must try once and you will be hooked.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Even though this restaurant has been open for five years, this was our first visit. We had a coupon. (Their website has printable coupons.) The food was delicious! I had the Chicken Korma. The sauce was so flavorful, we ordered one "to go" for my daughter and her husband to sample. (He is an Executive Chef in Sacramento, so it was a tough audience. ) They both thought it was delicious! My husband had the Chicken Curry (spicy) and he loved it as well.
With the quality of the food, the prices and the very genial young men (owners sons) who are the wait staff, the restaurant should be more crowded. It is absolutely delicious! We will be back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We come here on a weekly basis and we love it!!!!!! They treat us like family and the food is flavorful and consistent. Our favorite dish is the chicken rogan josh! Soooo declious!!!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Having frequented several Indian establishments throughout the country and being Indian I tend to be very critical of Indian restaurants that are not a good representative of my culture and with that being said I can stand behind a full recommendation of this restaurant. The food was seasoned perfectly, none of the spices were too strong, the meats (chicken) were tender and juicy and service was prompt. The owner even personally visited each table to make sure that meals were to each customers satisfaction. I will DEFINATELY return.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My friend and I decided to try their lunch buffet based on several reviews I'd read. We were not at all disappointed.

The buffet had a good selection of a variety of dishes all of which were excellent. The green lettuce sals should be missed as it is bland iceberg lettuce. But everything else was delicious with a very fresh, mildly fiery taste.

One noticeable aspect was the lack of grease in the foods. I've sometimes experienced Indian food as oily and greasy. Not here. The flavors are fresh and well balanced. The lamb and chicken were succulent and the tandoori chicken was exceptionally moist. Even the goat meat was tender and lacking the unpleasant bones and gristle.

There are only 2 deserts offered in the buffet, the best of which was a wonderfully tasty chunky grated carrots, milk, sugar (or honey) pudding-like concoction. Not at all heavy.

I believe this is a family-run restaurant. The buffet is from 11-3 and as we came in after 2, we were but one of three occupied tables.

The restaurant is very clean, the bathrooms spotless, but the decor is totally unremarkable and quite trivial.