“Not crowded on a rainy early evening Saturday”
Review of Jack's Urban Eats

Jack's Urban Eats
Ranked #174 of 455 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Afghani
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Friends wanted to go here so we joined them. You walk up to the counter to order and once your order is placed and paid for, they give you a number to place on your table. Food arrived in a timely manner; presentation was just okay. Had to pay about two bucks extra for french fries which were your basic out of the bag deep fried type. Chicken sandwich was a little dry but okay. Hubby had a salad that he said was "just okay". He wanted a cup of coffee....no hot drinks of any kind. As I said, just okay.....we won't go back.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We miss the Counter, and we finally got around to trying its replacement, Jack's. We arrived hungry, and left disappointed. We were kind of surprised, since this is basically a sliced meat place. You wait in line to order at a counter, then scramble to find a table. Some food is given to you when you pay, and other stuff is brought to the table, but the system was confusing. At the cashier, I received a plate of tri-tip, no sauce or sides, just tri-tip, and cups for drinks. After a few minutes our sweet potato fries arrived, followed by a plate turkey and mashed potatoes and a ala carte veggie sandwich. Not sure why we couldn't have everything all together, like at the Hofbrau on Watt. Anyway, the food was OK, nothing great. Prices were a little high for ala carte sandwiches and sliced meats. Decor and 90s music were fine. Now I am really missing the Counter.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Always like designing my own salad here with their expansive salad options. I like their Balsamic dressing. Others in my party tried the Turkey Berry sandwich on a wheat bun which they found delicious. I hear they have very special fries here with a yummy sauce. I saw lots of customers trying these out! Maybe next time... Lucky for us we live close by.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The turkey-berry sandwich was mostly dark meat and had chunks of fat. I thought it was disgusting.

I won't be returning to Jack's.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We opt to go here when we want a sit down salad or sandwich type meal. Food is fresh & tastes good, they are about as quick as a fast food restaurants.