“First Class Restaurant...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have visited On the Border many many times in Roseville, Cal. Absolutely top quality meals. The Margarita with the Corona is definitely my favorite drink..but you may want to share it...I cannot say enough about the servers...every single time I have been there they are super courteous and attentive. The manager is also super attentive. One time I took 3 friends for lunch and one of the meals was a tad cold....he immediately rectified the situation with a new meal even though we told him to just heat it. The waiters and waistresses work so hard and help each other out which shows real teamwork. DEFINITELY A 4 STAR ON THE BORDER LOCATION.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

They have the BEST Chicken Tortilla Soup!!! I make sure to get the soup on every visit. The slice of avocado is an awesome touch. The food is always hot and delicous and the unlimited chips and salsa is to die for. LOVE going there on every Roseville, CA visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Me and my wife decided to have diner there before we go see a movie, we decided to sit outside it was a nice day. I though for a moment we would be,for gotten, we sat at table 304, but Mike our server would not let this happen , he made sure that when our salsa was running low that it was fill again , Mike with above and beyond in serving us once again THANK YOU MIKE and the staff of the On the Border,Roseville

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The feel of the place when you walk in is like any Mexican restaurant. But as soon as your server brings the thin, warm tortilla chips (the chips are made on premises, two chips to a tortilla) you realize that you’re someplace different.  The quesa dip is a great start, and it keeps getting better from there.  Whether for lunch or dinner, this restaurant is a good choice.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Roseville On The Border is a go-to place for us when we want Mexican food. We have eaten here numerous times and have never been disappointed with the food or the service, it's always good. The portions are large and the price is fair which makes this place a good value. We were here on a Friday evening, a few days ago, and the 3 of us had a complete meal for $30.00, though we do drink just water so that helps keep the price down, but 2 of us had to get containers to take home the extra food.

The service is good even when busy, we rarely have to ask for water refills, and the place is clean and nice. Last month we brought our grandson here on his birthday and he got a free dessert along with a happy birthday song from the servers. He was embarrassed but we enjoyed it.

I like the fish tacos and the Chile Rellenos, my wife like the tortilla soup, the tacos and we all like the salsa with the large tortilla chips that they serve. The salsa is slightly hot and the chips are literally half a tortilla but it all tastes good.

All in all, we find On The Border to be an excellent choice for a chain type of restaurant, it is consistent which means a lot when you go out to eat ...... clean restaurant, good food, good service and reasonable prices, that does the job for us.