“A Great Place to Eat in Roseville!”

Fat's Asia Bistro - Roseville
Ranked #3 of 455 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Fat’s Asia Bistros are individually handcrafted by our regional culinary legends, the Fat Family. At Fat’s Asia Bistro modern Asian cuisine meets timeless tradition.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love to go to Fat's Asian Bistro in Roseville either for a romantic evening or a group/family special occasion. The food is very good and the service has always been excellent. We have dined there eight times over the past several years and never had a bad meal or service experience. The Honey Walnut Prawns and Genghis Khan Beef are our favorite dishs followed closely by the Garlic Green Beans and Bistro Garden. The menu offers some sushi, Thai and Korean choices in addition to Chinese (some with a twist) and has a good (but not extensive) selection of Dim Sum. I would recommend this place to anyone. (Note: if you prefer more of a traditional chinese only menu I would suggest you go to the original Frank Fat's in downtown Sacramento.)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A couple of reviews rate the service as terrible. Is there a Fat's Asian Bistro in a parallel universe that I have not frequented?

We live in Roseville, about two miles from the restaurant. A decision about a special meal for anniversaries and birthdays is easy: Fat's! My wife is Chinese-American, but that only partially explains it. I am vegetarian, and it's nice to have a range of gourmet options at an Asian restaurant. Even my daughter, who has been known to be a bit picky as an eater, favors the place for her birthday.

I love the long green beans, any of the curries, and the vege spring rolls. And I've never experienced "bland" at Fat's -- but then, I don't smoke.

Now, the service: Never been treated shabbily by the wait staff at Fat's, never. Nothing but professional, warm, attentive service. You know, sometimes clients bring the lousy in with them. Maybe?

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went to Fat's for one of their specials. You had a choice of appetizer, main course and dessert. The problem with Fat's, and we've eaten there several times, is that there are a few dishes which are very good, like the duck and some of the apps, but a lot of the dishes, especially the ones of the fixed priced menus, are really not very good, either poorly conceived or where cheap ingredients are used.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Maybe it was just our visit but the food was not very good, bland; just not what we expected - especially for the price. Maybe the food was average but the terrible service is what made our meal seem so non eventful. It was basically the complete opposite dining experience we have at Frank Fats in Downtown Sac. We will stick to the original.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This establishment has a great decor and is a fun place to meet up with friends for lunch or dinner. The service was great, the food spectacular! I recommend coming hungry, the portions are rather large! :) Great drinks! Save room for dessert, they have a very nice selection. You won't be disappointed if you choose Fat's.......you will leave with a full tummy and a smile on your face.