WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #41 of 424 Restaurants in Roseville
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roseville, California
“Good but certainly not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I went to Mimi's for breakfast the other day. I had the avocado, mushroom and mozzarella omelet which was good but not great, accompanied by some tasteless rye toast. My wife had the homemade corned beef has and eggs. I tasted her corned beef hash-pretty good; her eggs looked undercooked, which she complained about.

The service was the real drawback here. We came in after the breakfast rush so it was really not crowded at all. Our server took forever to show up, did not emerge for a while and seemed to be invisible most of the time. We had to wait for a long time for her to take our order, then wait for out water glasses to be refilled then wait for our check than wait for her to take it, etc.
It's not that we are impatient or were in a big hurry, but the service was definitely inattentive to the point where it's worth commenting about.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Roseville, California
“Just about average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The atmosphere is friendly, the room attractive, and the menu is about what you would expect in a family-style coffee shop. Nothing here to rave about, but nothing to complain about eiher.

Visited April 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Ask for Carrie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have visited this cafe whilst staying in Roseville on an annual basis for the past 8 years. We always have brunch here and always ask for a lovely waitress/server called Carrie who caters to our British idiosynchrasies.

Huge portions and good value for money.

If visiting on a Sunday for brunch, expect to book or wait as this is a hugely popular day.

Visited March 2013
Citrus Heights, California
“Comfortable restaurant with good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My friend and I visited Mimis cafe and were seated in a quiet, comfortable area. The manager of the day asked what we would like to drink,I chose coffee, my friend just wanted water.
We studied the menu, which was easy to read and decided what we would like to enjoy for our lunch. The chicken salad with walnuts, different lettuces, roqueroft pieces and balsmic dressing was delicious and also was served with a carrot muffin. My friend enjoyed corn chowder and blt sandwich. Delicious food and the service was excellant. Nice place to visit and I will return there again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Marti808
Antelope,Ca
“Never going again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went for breakfast last week. The manager had to come tell the front that there were tables available and then after we were seated our waitress left on her break. I had the quiche and brought it home. My husband had the omelet and it wasn't good either. The only good was the carrots muffins and that would be the only thing I would go back for.

• Visited March 2013