“Terrific dining experience”
Review of La Huaca

La Huaca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Huaca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 443 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eureka Rd
Description: The initial melting of the culinary tradition of ancient Peru with Spanish cuisine, evolved through immigration and influences of French, Italian, Asian and African people, who modified their traditional cuisines with ingredients available in peruvian geography only. The result: Peruvian Gastronomy, the most diverse in the world. Welcome to the world of peruvian cuisine. Welcome to a whole new adventure.
Sacramento, CA
“Terrific dining experience”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband, daughter & I love good Peruvian food so we wanted to give this a try. It was a weeknight & we did not have a wait. We had a marvelous meal! We started with ceviche and grilled octopus salad. Everything was really excellent - my salmon was extremely moist with a chimichurri sauce, quinoa and artichokes. My daughter had duck over some fabulous rice creation -that might have been the big winner. Can't remember my husbands meal - he ate it too fast! We did not order wine.

We plan to make this a regular. Only suggestion is that a bit lower prices would have us returning on. Weekly basis versus our planned monthly 'splurge'.

Good luck to la Huaca! We so enjoyed it.

1 Thank Schlintz

Woodland, California, United States
“Great Peruvian Cuisine!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was the most amazing Peruvian Restaurant that we have found period! We usually go to San Francisco to eat Peruvian food but now we will be staying local! My husband is from Peru and is very picky with his Peruvian food and this way surpassed our expectations! The service is amazing and quality of the food is amazing! The food was very authentic and I just can't say enough about it - you have to try it! The portion size, the price = perfect! The ceviche was mouth watering!! We take leftovers home and eat the next day! I would highly recommend this place!!

Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comida peruano--que bueno!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just ate at this relatively new restaurant that serves Peruvian food. The food was very fresh, tasty, and the service was excellent. They weren't busy as it's a Monday nite, but they are going to add a Happy Hour, so get it while you can! Muy rico! Reminds me of the year I spent in Colombia. Where can you go to get yucca? I had the lamb-tender and tasty, and my hubby had the pork and yucca which he really liked. And definitely get the dessert! Nothing like Dulce de leche!

Ca
“Very good Peruvian Restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I think the correct name is La Huaca, so there may be another entry for the same place here.
We went to La Huaca after a friend reccomended the place to us. We are both Peruvians and we just don't like to drive to San Francisco for good Peruvian Food.
The place is a bit pricey but quality costs, we took advantage of a Groupon discount and had a late lunch on a weekend.
Another restaurant "review" place had comments about small portions and not tasty food. I don't know about that but our food was excellent and with large portions. We ended up taking leftovers home.

We had the Causa sampler, Causa is basically boiled potatoes, skinned then made into a dough. You use that as the base for several types of Causas. In our opinion the Causa a la Limeña and the Causa con Pulpo (octopus) are the best.

We got the Ceviche Clasico which is raw white fish marinated with Lemon, onions and Chilis (Ajis), the sauce cooks the fish slightly so it is not truly raw.

I reccomend the Pachamanca de 3 Carnes, which is a dish with Beef, Chicken and Port with a brown gravy with baby potatoes, 2 types of baby potatoes and a small corn cake. This is more like a 2-person dish.

They have a good selection of desserts but we were too full that we did not have enough room to try them

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank capun1950
Ca
“Good Peruvian Restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We visited La Huaca after a friend's reccomendation and also taking advantage of a Groupon discount. The food is excellent with large portions. We read at another restaurant review site that the food was not tasty and that the portions were small. I don't know what they mean by small, we certainly could not finish our plates. It is a bit pricey but quality does cost a bit more.
Try the Pachamanca de 3 Carnes, yo get a large plate with Beef, Pork and Chicken with a brown sauce plus baby corn, 2 types of baby potatoes and small corn cake. It's more like a two-person plate. Also try the Causa a la Limeña, or if you want try the Causa sampler. We wanted to try some of the desserts but we were so full that we could not get a chance.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank capun1950

Been to La Huaca? Share your experiences!