“A decent, value hotel with good amenities”

Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We usually stay at this hotel when we visit family for the holidays, and for 3 years it has not disappointed. They have historically had our room ready even when we arrive early, and the desk staff has been friendly. This past trip we got a very low rate that also included free breakfast. To be honest, the facilities at this hotel are cleaner than some 4-star places I have stayed, so I feel this hotel is well worth the cost.

Pros:
- Heated, indoor pool and gym
- Free coffee/tea all day
- Decent breakfast (not spectacular but more than continental offerings)
- Free wifi
- Low cost
- Plentiful parking
- Location near mall with starbucks, restaurants, etc
- Nice sitting area in the lobby
- Friendly staff
- Clean rooms - nice, spacious closets and bathroom
- Good water pressure
- Comfortable foam pillows

Cons:
- No soundproofing--it is noisy. Ask for a room on the top floor if possible, otherwise your upstairs neighbor could drive you a bit nuts ;)
- Noisy heat/airconditioning system that is a little unpredictable
- Small sink area (hard to make coffee in this location)
- Old CRT-style TV
- Smallish gym, but cleaner than other higher-priced hotels I've seen

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 30, 2010

I reserved 1 room with two queen, we arrived at 11pm and told me that they don't have 2 queen available because there's a guest that extended their stay. First if they don't have availability why do they let them extend their stay. They gave us two rooms but the family have to split up, it ruined the quality time that we planned for christmas. Worse, I left my wedding ring and engagement ring. I called the same day that I checked out, they said they can't find it, and if I don't call them, no one will call me to give me an update. How can you trust this people if from the start they already screwed up. I don't think they really try hard looking for my rings. They just advise me to claim it on insurance if it's insured.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Easy access to freeway. One minute drive time to huge mall, including Nordstroms, Macys, JC Pennys, and restaurants such as Olive Garden, Red Robin, Buco di Bepo, etc. The hotel lobby has a nice comfortable homey atmosphere. Breakfast buffet in the morning from 7-10, eggs cooked to order for about $10.00. No restaurant on property, but room service is available for a fee. I guess they partner with a company who will take your order and deliver the food. There is a small workout room, my husband used and said it was fine. The reservations' staff was welcoming and pleasant and not at all put off with the usual questions, such as where to eat, what time is breakfast, where is this where is that. The rooms are standard size, but clean. Bathroom on the small size, tub & shower enclosed and toilet in same room; sink outside very small opposite closet with mirrored doors. The room/amenities sufiicient and works for short stays. The only hesitation is lots of children stay on the weekend due to various sporting events in the area. Apparently, most hotels in the vicinity also cater to families with children because of these events. At the time we stayed, it was quiet, the children were older so we weren't bothered by noise or running in the halls. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2010

First I have to say that I got a great price through Priceline. I can't complain about the price at all. Overlall this is a typical small hotel room. It was clean and ready when I arrived. The downfall (in comparison the another 3 start hotel a mile away) is that there is no fridge in the room, the room is very small and there is no continental breakfest provided free of charge.

I would not choose to stay here again given that other hotels offer more for the same price. It is clean but for the going rate of the room they should offer more to their customers. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the rooms on the back side of the hotel face the 65 freeway and you hear the noise all day and night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We only stayed at this Courtyard 1 night and I'm so glad. The hotel was over run by kids. We tried to use the pool but with so many UNSUPERVISED kids everywhere we choose not to. At breakfast the next morning it was the same thing. The breakfast was
wiped out. We were told sorry they had run out of many items due to "high occupancy". Communication is obviously lacking because shouldn't they have ordered more knowing they were going to have "high occupancy"? The breakfast person was doing her best but couldn't keep up.

The room was fine except for the lack of vaccuming. There was debris all over the carpet. This made us wonder if the sheets had been changed or the bathroom cleaned properly.

Hopefully this was an isolated experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This Courtyard has a very nice location just off I-80 and adjacent to a ton of shopping and restaurants. The hotel shares a parking lot with a Homewood Suites right next door, but parking was plentiful during my stay. The lobby looked fresh and customer service was pleasant during check-in. I was recognized as a Marriott Gold member and received a room matching the preferences I keep in my profile - high floor, away from elevators. I also received one of the few rooms with a balcony, which unfortunately only looked over the interstate.

The 1 King bed room was very large, but only had the standard set of furniture, so there was a ton of unused floor space (great if you want to practice your tumbling routine). The furnishings were older Courtyard style - similar to what you might find in your Grandmother's house. Nothing was rickety, but the style definitely needs an update. Bathroom was standard, but clean.

I echo another review that indicated the front desk isn't manned at night - that was my experience as well. There is no bell or sign on how to get a hold of a manager. The gym opens at 6am (which is a little bit late for those of us coming from the east coast), and the door wouldn't let me in even at 6:10, so I had to hunt through the hotel to find an employee with the magic key. Other than that, I had no complaints about my stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I have been staying at this Courtyard Marriott for the last few months for business, and I been very disappointed in the customer service. There is another Courtyard Marriott a few blocks away where the rooms are not as nice, but the customer service is, without a doubt, better than this one.

Rooms: Standard hotel room with love seat (for King room); the granite countertop is a plus, and I inconsistently get a refrigerator. The rooms are always clean too.

Lobby: The lobby is very nicely decorated; festive during the holidays too; the automatic double-doors at the front at nice when bringing luggage in.

Customer Service:
- Front Desk: At night, no one mans the front desk. Time seems to be split between the room in the room located behind the front desk or chit-chatting at bar on the opposite side of the room. The lack of a person manning the front desk at night makes the hotel appear unguarded at night. The worst part about there not being someone physically at the front desk is that the concierge phone goes unanswered. My colleagues who also stay at this hotel have had issues with trying to call at night for a wake-up call, and no one picks up. At another time, one of my colleagues said they received a wake-up call when they did not ask for one. On the plus side, they do put cookies out at night (so someone is working to put those out).

- Breakfast Buffet: The food is actually pretty good (eggs made to order with excessive butter, oatmeal, potatoes, etc.). However, the staff seems more concerned with getting you to pay than actual customer service. I've had the workers consistently ask me how I was paying before sitting down until I finally got in the habit of telling them when I sat down. I've also had the workers (normally, the younger male with brown hair) ask me if I had finished my food multiple times when I was not finished. I have always felt rushed to eat my breakfast here (I guess they really want their tips).

- Location: The hotel is located very close to the Galleria and Fountains shops. The shopping here is endless, and the hotel's proximity to such shopping makes shopping easy. However, in my opinion, customer service outweighs location; the Courtyard Marriott down on Taylor (two minutes away) is much better.

- Gym: There are some nice free weights, water, two pre-cors, an elliptical, and a all-purpose home-fitness gym with cables. Good items, but air conditioning is spotty in the room, so be ready to run in a 77 degree (thermostat reading) room.

- Overall: Stay here if you want a nice room, close shopping, don't eat at the breakfast buffet, and don't require much from the front-desk. The area is generally safe, so there's not a huge security concern about the unmanned front-desk, but I would still look over my shoulder.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business