New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive

Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Alexandria, Virginia
“A basic Courtyard with decent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a cookie-cutter Courtyard property. The rooms are spacious and clean, without much by way of frills. Advantages include friendly staff, good breakfast with omelette bar, good free wifi, nice business center area and a location very convenient to restaurants, shopping and nearby hospitals/medical facilities. Proximity to freeway means rooms on that side of the building are noisy -- ask for one on the parking lot side.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear 43Reds,
I would first like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to hear that the team was friendly and your stay with us was comfortable. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Willie Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business and woke to a large inch long silverfish insect crawling on my arm. After 3 messages left to management and then finally having to call Marriott corporate. I got a call the next day from the GM. He said they had the bug tested and tried to tell me it was like a centipede and I said it definitely wasn't a centipede.
In my view, these bugs are nasty and feed off of food, starch etc and get into walls and drains. The manager offered up some free Marriott points for my trouble. A joke! In my view waking up to a bug crawling on your arm is completely not acceptable. He should have refunded my hotel room. I will never stay in this hotel again and this has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TikiTravels
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Tiki Travels, Again I apologize for the incident during your stay with us. Like I mentioned we we spoke, this was an unfortunate situation but we do or best to keep our hotel clean and free of any pest but they do at times come in. Again my apologies.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed here with a team. It was in a great location. Everything was nearby. Great mall, family friendly restaurants, 7-Eleven, etc. Nice indoor pool. Breakfast was typical food. Coffee was better than most offered in hotels like this. Definitely would stay here again. They have guest laundry....Bring quarters!

Room Tip: Higher floors will be quieter.
Green Features: They are environmentally conscience. They ask if you would like to have the towels replaced or reuse them.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Frances C
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Frances C.
I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again! We also offer complentary soap powder and dryer sheets for your laundry:)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We always stay here. Convenient location. Shopping, Restaurants, did I say shopping. Hahaha.
Clean and very comfortable. Wonderful staff.
Breakfast ok. Not great, but convenient. Definitely the best place to stay in Roseville!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank A S
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear A.S., I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review! Yes you have to love the Roseville shopping experiance! and I'm glad to hear your stay was comfortable. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The location is good, it is located just behind the Galleria Mall. Staff was very accommodating and assisted us with some of our travel plans. There was a big wedding party staying at the hotel with a plethora of children. The staff did their best to pick up after them. Rooms are not appointed like you typical courtyard, it looks as if some corners were cut. Jeanette at the front desk was great.

Room Tip: Chose higher floor room away from elevator facing parking lot for quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelRoadWarriors
Dear TravelRoadWarriors, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. Although it was very busy, I'm glad to hear that we were still very accomadating and I passed along your kudos to Jeanette! Thank you again and we hope to see you back with us again!

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

On night 4 of a 7 night stay I went to plug in my iPhone and saw the square plug I had left in the room hanging partially out of the wall and the cord missing. In the morning, slightly annoyed, I asked the front desk if they had a cord box I could see because mine obviously "walked". The GM, Willie Johnson, greeted me and asked if I had gotten his voicemail (I hadn't.). Apparently the maid accidentally sucked it up with the vacuum and ripped it all to shreds. Mr Johnson had already taken it upon himself to buy a replacement cord on amazon and was having it overnighted straight to the hotel. It was in my room with an apologetic letter by the time I got back to my room that same day.
I have to think that ost maids would have either left the ruined cord, or just taken it and acted like nothing happened. And most managers would have just said next time keep your stuff off the floor, sorry pal. I was very impressed with the way he handled the situation!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear James,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to know that though it was a accident that the housekeeper brought it to my attention of what happended. I try to install in my Team to always do the right thing no matter what the cost. Thank you again for your kind words and we will see you soon!

Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My colleague and I stayed here for our corporate training. Check in was fast. Staff were very friendly and a welcome goody bag upon check in was a plus. We stayed 3 nights. Breakfast was pleasant and they do have an omelet station. Wifi wasn't at all bad and it was free. The room was a decent size and clean. The best part of this hotel is the location. Lots of restaurants and shops and the mall... All walking distance. Would definitely stay here again for any other corporate training.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Aileen8208,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you got to experiance what are hotel and area have to offer. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!