WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive

Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Roseville, California
“Looking forward to a great weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a "mama and me" weekend and I am surprising my six-year old son with a stay at this hotel. I can't wait to see his surprise and excitement. He loves staying at hotels especially if we are on the top floor and if there's room service. I will continue my review at the end of our stay:-) I hope it will all come together nicely! I like these type of surprises!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Katmauch,
I like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed your stay too!

Willie Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

First impression: Michelle (I believe that was her name) was abrupt, impatient, and not very courteous. Computer was down and she was panicking and forgetting the most important goal: customer service. Finally, we enter our room, which aroma resembled that of a gym. The gentleman who helped us and brought a small refrigerator to our first room was extremely courteous and pleasant. He apologized, went down to the lobby, and was able to find another room next door to our first assigned room. Once we entered our second assigned room, he started spraying the carpet and room to lessen any unpleasant odors, but I notified him that my allergies would not agree with any room freshener. He stopped deodorizing the room and was apologetic. The smell was more bearable and I was able to sleep and rest that night.

Room Tip: Go, see, and experience the room fragrance ahead of time.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EcreA
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Ecre A,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. I would like to apologize for the unfriendly welcome you recieved and that this is not who we are. I know that night the computer system crashed causing a lot of confusion but that is not acceptable behavior. I glad that we were able to address your other issue and a friendlier manner. Again thank you for taking the time to post a review and to know that your comments are very helpful in helping us to provide the best service possible.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

This Courtyard by Marriott is a good, basic business hotel. Rooms are very clean and the staff at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. Good location, very close to The Roseville Galleria mall and The Fountains shopping center (Whole Foods among other stores), although neither are within walking distance. If you are sensitive to noise do not get the side of the hotel that faces the freeway. I didn't hear the noise but my wife said she had a hard time sleeping due to the freeway noise. The hotel has an indoor pool and jacuzzi which was nice, but both were super saturated with chlorine. There aren't any big name hotels in Roseville, so the Courtyard is as fancy as it gets. Overall it was very comfortable, clean, and nice friendly atmosphere. The hotel has a very good breakfast buffet (omelet station, make your own waffles, etc.) for a very good price. Don't use the rollaway beds (or the pool out sofa), they suck, you can count the springs poking you, if you need extra beds get an extra room.

Room Tip: away from freeway
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dnadler,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that the staff was accomadating! We take a lot of pride in providing excellent service and it is nice to hear when it shows. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.

South San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Overall, I would stay in this hotel again as the price was right and the room was clean. I've stayed in hotels for approximately 2 months out of the first six months of this year between business and pleasure, and I've had a bunch of irritating noise related issues, so I've been making special requests in order to attempt to have a good nights' rest. Although I booked on PL, I was able to get what I requested, top floor corner room.

Room was clean, had 1 king bed, and was adequate for me and my teenage daughter, who initially threatened to sleep on the sofa. Since it was summer, we left the AC on, and it was a little loud, but I had it set on 72, so it didn't come on as often. Yes, you most definitely can hear the traffic, which might keep you up, but I had another issue...

Around 9:30 p.m., I stepped outside the room and heard a beeping sound. First of all, I'm already sensitive to noise, but with my recent negative noise experience in hotels, I was on full alert. I called downstairs immediately and said that I can hear a beeping sound coming from the room next door (which I knew to be some type of employees only space - didn't go in at that time). I described it as two beeps every 30 seconds. Her answer was "I don't know what that is." I asked if someone could check it out. She indicated that she had guests in front and asked if it was irritating me. I told her that it might if I was trying to fall asleep later and it was still beeping. She said maintenance wasn't there. I said that she didn't have to check it out later but asked if someone would later, and she said yes.

Trying to be helpful, because the door was propped open, I scouted the room to see if I can get more info for them and discovered that it was some type of monitor plugged into the wall shared by the adjoining wall, which was why we heard it. It was near the ceiling. If I saw a chair or ladder, I would have unplugged it! I also figured out that it would beep twice every 5 seconds! That would make for a long night! On my way to their fitness center, I stopped by the front desk and spoke to the same person and explained that it was a monitor that beeped every 5 seconds and asked if they could unplug it. "NO!" I asked if someone was looking into it, and she said her associate would but had other things to do first. I asked if anything else could be done, and she did indicated she couldn't move me to another room, which is not what I wanted anyway.

After my workout, I returned to my room. I posted on my FB to see what my friends would have done and received some very creative answers with most telling me that I was way to nice to put up with that. At some point, I peeked and saw that someone had closed the door, which I'm assuming meant that someone checked it out. I still heard the beeping but decided that they were inadequate in fixing the problem and gave up. Yes, between the highway noise, the AC, and the beeping, I didn't have a good night's sleep. In actuality, the beeps were faint, but you knew they were there.

In the morning, I told the front desk clerk about the situation just so that they were aware. She said someone checked and didn't hear anything, so I explained that I figured out that the beeping would stop for a while and then start up again, so she said she would let someone know. My concern was that a full price paying guest would not be happy with the situation, and I always say that hearing it from me is much better than hearing it from someone else; I only put up with it because I paid a good price.

My complaint is mostly that the initial person would give me one sentence but wouldn't follow up with what I felt was the next thing to say. It's one thing to say "I don't know what it is" but much better if you add "but I'll find out" rather than the customer saying it. Or "I have other guests checking in" but add "I'll check on it later and let you know the result." When you just give that first sentence, it becomes final. If I don't say anything, then you've dismissed me.

My interaction with the morning front desk clerk was pleasant; she had also answered my phone call the day before and was very nice. The guy working at the dining room was also very nice and helpful. He was cleaning up the drinks area while I was there and made casual conversation. We were running late, so we didn't get to visit the "courtyard" area, but it looked very inviting and well-landscaped from what I was able to see.

The fitness center was small but adequate. It has 2 treadmills and some weights (I didn't pay attention to anything else). TV, water, and towels were provided. Parking was free and spaces were available close by.

Room Tip: top floor corner room away from the freeway
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WillieJohnson, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Boltnut55,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I do apologize for the unsatisfactory response you recieved when you reported the noise issue. We did however find out that is was a low battery beep for a spray unit in our storage closet. Your correct, this could have been responed too in a better fashion even if they were not sure of how to fix it and I have addressed with my team on how to better handle an issue like this in the future. Again thank you for staying with us and if in Roseville again we hope to see you!

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was worried about this place when we arrived. It was packed with families for a soccer tournament and there were some noisy drunk men stumbling around. The elevator was jammed full of people so we opted to take the stairs to our room. The room was nice and the beds were SO comfortable. Good shower pressure, clean and comfortable. It was also fairly quiet despite the number of people in the hotel. Pretty good choices for breakfast in the morning too. All in all... a good stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mommy23Angels,
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. Yes it can get a little crazy with all the familes here during a busy sports weekend. We take pride in providing excellent guest service and mainting a clean and comfortable hotel! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will choose us next time you come to Roseville!

Eureka, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I used one of the online hotel bidding services and was given this hotel. I have stayed there before and have never had any problems. This is off the beaten path a little but is just 2 blocks away from the Galleria Mall and many other shopping places and restaurants. The hotel is clean and kept up well. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I was there over the 4th of July weekend and was able to watch the many different area fireworks displays from my window. It was perfect, I could enjoy the fireworks but not be out in the traffic etc. They do have a small breakfast area but I have never eaten there, it is not a free breakfast and for the cost I choose to eat at one of the area restaurants. They also have a small indoor pool and hot tub, it gets a little hot and stuffy in the enclosed space. Parking is easy access and free. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway, it will be much quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Themonstersmom,
I must first say that I love that screen name! I have three boys and I can totally relate:) I also like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to see some of the areas fireworks display! Again thank you and we hope to see again!

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Pretty much every time I visited Roseville I stayed with them. Quiet environment, easy access to the main roads for shopping and restaurants. Nice staff, clean room, all you can eat breakfast, what else can you get?... For once I stayed at the hotel next door; the room was clean, however I don't get soap/shampoo replaced even when they ran out; one day they didn't even bother to make up the bathroom (obviously I didn't tip enough?!) None of these has ever occurred to Courtyard by Marriott Roseville Galleria Mall!

The only things I could possibly criticize are: the variety of breakfast selection as they don't get to change everyday... but it's not really a big deal anyways. Some rooms have fridge and microwave oven, some rooms don't, not sure why. Since this hotel has got good reviews, parking space has become an issue if you get back late.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeff L,
I like to thank you for staying with us on your many visit to Roseville and for taking the time to post a review. We take pride in providing excellent guest service and in maintaining a clean, comfortable hotel. Again thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you soon!