“Very nice for overnight vacation stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Redmond, Washington
“Very nice for overnight vacation stay”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Homewood Suites on our vacation roadtrip from California back to Washington. The hotel is located in the back of an office park which made it location very quiet with no highway noise. The rooms were clean. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The morning buffet was good. Good well maintained equipment in the exercise room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
gardnerville, nv
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I only stayed here for a few weeks before I was sent back to another territory. The staff is very friendly, the facility very clean and the property is right across a large mall with plenty of restaurants to choose from. I will stay here again if I am sent back to this area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed both here and the Hilton Garden Inn in May using HHonors points. The other hotel was definitely better. The room at this hotel was worn and dated (bed not firm, furniture was lots of nicks and wear marks,and the room was not as clean as I would like - especially the bathroom (the closet shelves had lots of dust). The service was great, and the buffet breakfast above average for this chain. They allow pets and was almost attacked by a dog which could not be controlled by its owner when moving my luggage in the back door. In addition, they make you put a card in the window of your car to park. I have seen this in downtown locations where parking is a premium, but that is not the case here - it is just an annoyance. Overall, there are much better hotels in the area including the Courtyard next door, Springhill Suites, TownePlace Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Hyatt Place, and Holiday Inn Express - all of which I have stayed in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family of four stayed here for two nights in May while attending a series of nearby racing events. As a Hilton member, I always choose a hotel within the Hilton brand, and since Homewood was advertised $10/night cheaper than the Hampton Inn that night, we stayed here. We have stayed in the Hampton Inn Roseville before with very positive experiences, but decided this time to go with the less expensive choice and also have the convenience of the kitchenette.

We booked a King bed suite, with the thought that our older son (who can sleep soundly on anything) could sleep on the pullout couch in the living room area, while my husband and I could share the King with our younger son. If that is a King bed, I've got a bridge to sell you...there was no way the three of us would fit in there. I asked at the front desk the next morning if that was indeed a King suite, and she confirmed, so maybe there is a different sizing standard being used (we had tried to book a 2 Queen suite originally, but they were sold out). In all fairness, although I was not happy with the overall arrangement, the woman I dealt with at the front desk was extremely nice and professional, and tried to move us to a 2 Queen, but, as mentioned, they were sold out that weekend. Additionally, we were placed on a floor that has some smoking rooms, so the trek to our room was always very musty and heavily smoke laden. Could we have asked to switch to another room? Yes. But we really didn't want to pack up all of our stuff and move rooms just based on that. I think non-smoking and smoking should be better separated. The room was also a little stuffy, but we did not like using the air conditioner, as it was super loud and blew air very forcefully right down at the couch in the living room, so my couch sleeping son was freezing cold anytime we ran it. Usually I like to run the fan/air conditioner as background noise, but this was loud enough to actually deter us from sleeping.

The breakfast had a good variety of proteins, cereal, fruit, etc., and the area was very well tended to by two ladies who cleared plates and refilled near empty items in a prompt manner. My one concern about the eating area is that most tables seemed to seat 2-3 people, and the few tables that sat 4 or more were being used by parties of 1-2 people! It would be nice for either the staff to encourage small parties to use the smaller tables, or perhaps to have a sign up stating something similar.

On a positive note, the kids enjoyed playing down at the pool, and the grounds of the hotel were clean and well maintained. The facility itself on the inside is contemporary and clean. The proximity of the hotel to various shops and restaurants is excellent.

Usually I really enjoy staying at Homewood facilities, but my room experience here was disappointing. I can't reiterate enough how professional and nice the staff was, but the accommodations were not what I had hoped for. Not sure I'd pick this particular hotel over Hampton again.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our first say at a Homewood Suites property, we found our stay pleasant and enjoyable. The property has a fresh, new feel and was tidy and well presented throughout. Room was fully appointed with full kitchen and service for 4 but the suite itself was a bit small for the price. Amenities of the property were clean and well used by patrons. The breakfast area was very nicely furnished and the breakfast itself of solid mid-range quality. The clientele during our stay included several visiting high school sporting teams which certainly affected the ambiance.

All told a reasonable value for the money for families looking for a fresh, tidy suites property from which to enjoy all the local Roseville venues.

Room Tip: Stay towards the lobby area to avoid a small volume of road noise at nit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vanessa P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear HeadDr,

I want to first of all welcome you to the Homewood Suites brand, and thank you for choosing us during your most recent visit to Roseville, CA. I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your first Homewood Suites experience!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value having you as a first time guest and should your travels find you in the Roseville area again we hope to have you stay with us again!

San Jose, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I always stay at the Homewood Suites in Roseville, CA when we make trips there to "house-hunt" and we did so this past weekend. What is normally a near perfect place to stay was anything but on this occasion. Screaming kids running helter-skelter in the halls and in the lobby during breakfast, cold food at breakfast and a wine opener that couldn't open a paper bag made this stay unpleasant at best.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Richard B,

First and Foremost I want to thank you for choosing the Roseville Homewood Suites when you and your wife visit the area. We truly appreciate you choosing us time and time again and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for this particular experience. We strive to provide all of our guests with superior accommodations, and amenities. I am truly sorry that this was not the case during your stay. I am sharing your comments with my staff and we are all dedicated to do our best to avoid any future unpleasant experiences for our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Tracy, California
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was an overall pleasant stay, but I found food and drink splashes on the wall of the room, which I was able to clean with water and a washcloth only. There were also multiple paint touch-ups on the walls with a different shade of paint, which gave a shabby look to the room (without the chic). The mattress was hard... I woke up with both arms asleep and had a stiff neck for several days after we checked out. Staff were universally pleasant, cheerful, and helpful, which was very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Cra974111,

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. My deepest apologies for the cleanliness issues you came across in your suite. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable accommodations, and I feel terribly that in this instance we fell short. I will certainly address the issues that you mentioned regarding your suite, as we take every critique and concern as an opportunity to improve. I will also pass along your kind words regarding our staff, and I am so glad that you had the opportunity to experience our world class service! Thank you for your candid feedback! I hope we have the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.