Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Redwood City, CA
“Nice hotel!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were in the Sacramento area attending a basketball tournament and did not have reservations at any hotel. I'm pretty picky about the hotels I stay in and it's been a long time since I've stayed at a hotel that I hadn't researched first before staying. I drove around (like my dad used to do back in the day when we visited Disneyland) and this was the first place I stopped.

Many of the hotels (we learned later) were sold out because of the tournament. I was able to get a studio room for the night. The room was spacious, with one double bed and pull-out sofa bed, small table and small kitchen. About 10 minutes after entering our room, the front desk phoned to check to make sure we were happy with our room. I commend them for this because this has never happened at a hotel I've stayed. Thanks staff member. :-)

I was pleased with the overall cleanliness of the hotel, room, dining area, and pool area. We did not use, or plan to use the kitchen, but it was very clean. We didn't have time to swim so can't tell you about the pool and hot tub--other than the surrounding areas were nice and clean.

We did get a chance to have breakfast in the hotel. Breakfast was...DEELISH! We had a full-breakfast, self-serve, with enough choices to fulfill everyone's taste buds. I love the waffle iron that is available so we can make our own waffles.

I expect us to visit this area again and I do plan to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
San Jose, Ca.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The title says it all, really. Stayed one night with my wife while in the area for business and it really was a pleasant place to relax. My wife sat on the bed watching her TV favorites while I sat in the living room catching up on sports scores and checking emails on my laptop. Fee wireless/internet worked flawlessly and I wish more hotels would just offer it free like these people do. We were less than 10 minutes walking distance from at least a half dozen nice restaurants, and the Galeria Mall for shopping. Staff could not have been friendly and helpful. Would stay there again and probably will.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

A great hotel experience! The staff at the Homewood Suites are absolutely amazing. They go beyond the typical professionalism one would expect from the service industry. They are friendly, welcoming, and down right awesome. The rooms feel like more like an apartment, but the all the amenities of a hotel. The breakfast buffet has a great variety and the restaurant scene nearby, all within a short walk, is very hip. I highly recommend the Homewood Suites to all visitors new and old the the Roseville area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I live nearby, but went there to work. Wonderful, quite, homey environment, good food, etc. The staff could not be more helpful. I'd go back. Spa and pool are excellent. Even a 1/2 basketball court and they have a ball.

Room Tip: Upper floor, I could hear noise on bottom, though not too disturbing
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
bakersfield, ca
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel was great!! We had the 2bedroom suite and it was awesome!! The continental breakfast was better than most that I have seen w/ lots of choices. It was walking distance to any restaurant and near 2/3 different shopping malls/centers. The only draw back I found was that our room was on the 4th floor and to get to our room we had to use the elevator near the smoking section. The smell was very strong near the elevators, but quickly went away when you walked to the non smoking. My suggestion is to add air freshners in that area to help w/ the heavy smoke scent! Over all though, this hotel was awesome!!! We will definitely use this hotel when we are in the area!!!!

Room Tip: If traveling w/ at least 2 adults or children, would definitely recommend the 2 bedroom suite!! It h...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was moving to the Sacramento area and one of the reasons that I picked this hotel is that it is pet friendly. The room was nice and the free breakfast and evening managers reception was great. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My cousin recommended this hotel to our family in conjunction with a family reunion in the Roseville area. She booked a conference room at the hotel for some of the reunion activities. The staff at the front desk and in housekeeping and the breakfast area were on their game for our entire stay. I particularly enjoyed the late afternoon snacks provided by the hotel in the lobby that helped keep our younger family members filled. I personally enjoyed the hot chocolate and hazelnut creamer as I read my book in the quiet lobby seating area late in the evening. Great shopping is right next door and makes for a nice walk. I would happily repeat my experience at this hotel and I actually look forward to our next family reunion if we have it at this location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family