“Good 'Home away from Home'”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a good place to stay, of your plans including in-suite dining. It has a full kitchen, and they will go shopping for you at no cost (over the store cost of the groceries). Bed was very comfortable, Having the sleeping area seperated from the living room/kitchen was great because of the difference in sleeping schedules between myself and my wife. Room rate include Breakfast Buffet every day, and buffet style dinner Monday thru Thursday. SInce I was there on the weekend, I didn't get to sample the dinner, but the breakfgast was pretty awfull both days. They have the option to get a 'grab bag' for on the go, I got one on my out on the last morning, and it wasn't too bad. It included a cerial bar, a muffin, an apple, and a bottle of water.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank db2guruno1
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville

Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Good: Great staff, Martha, Dan, & Ashlyn were wonderful. convenient to all the Galleria shops within walking distance. They allow pets and are very liberal and accomodating. Not hard to look at either! Well the girls anyway. Hilton points! Cucumber water!

The Okay:
The food is cafeteria style but Yolanda and Alfredo are great.....they do a good job with what they have to work with and their attention to the diners are top notch. (but hey it's cheap).....ChickFilet nite is best and they print a menu on the fridge. Decent beer and wine is complimentary. Breakfast is the usual hotel food but the fruit was good

The Bad:
Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired especially if your staying a long time, the beds are terrible......of course I like a tempurpedic......pull the bed away from the wall and ...well just dont. There is a laundry room on the second floor but I think it was either $2 or $4/load? The rooms are well used and all seem to have that "hotel odor". I had a pipe break in my room and the closet was filled with water which turned to black mold.....it got all over my clothes and I ended up getting bad sick for 3 WEEKS! They offered to pay the cleaning bill and even after I sent a receipt for the dry cleaning of my clothes and things I had in the bottom of the closet. NOTHING two thumbs down hard! I even checked back three times, sent receipts. I had my buddy ask them to check on it...and he said they just laughed. Not good! Good service only applies before the sale! Oh well........it beats a Motel 6, but there are a lot of nicer hotels in the same price range in the area......if you have to have the convenience of the Galleria I'd stay next door. Or at the Staybridge.

Room Tip: Stay away from the back side that backs up to the highway...the traffic starts early and comes right...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Vanessa P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear BennyLarry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback, both the good and the not so good. Please be aware that based upon your comments, we will be working with our housekeeping team members to make sure they are cleaning the rooms correctly and understand the needs of long term guests who stay for several months or longer and have many more possessions than the daily guest. However, I was distressed to read your comments regarding the water pipe break in your closet. As you know, this break was repaired and we worked with you to ensure your items were cleaned. I was not aware that that you had not yet been reimbursed for the cleaning and ask that you contact me directly at 916-783-7455 and I will personally see to it that this is resolved.

Thank you again for your comments, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Vanessa Phillips

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for well over a month while we were searching for a place to live when we moved to the area. We loved our stay! The staff was super friendly and flexible with our unknown stay length. The rooms were quiet (we even had one next to the laundry room and it was still quiet!). They offered a full breakfast (7 days a week) and a FULL DINNER (5 days a week). The food was excellent! The only problem that we ended up having was that some of the meals had MSG in it and my husband is allergic so we had to sometimes be careful on what he ate. Our room felt like a mini apartment between a super comfortable bed, nice large bathroom, a separate living room and a small fully equipped kitchenette! I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone! If we ever need a place to go again, we would certainly return.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked two suites over the Thanksgiving holiday. There was popcorn on the floor, plastic drink bottles/garbage under the sofa, a dirty sock under the bed, used flossing material on the bathroom counter, and some sort of dried and crusted substance staining one of the bed blankets. Other apparent liquid stains were on the furniture as well. (See photos). Some lighting fixtures were inoperable, and a blade was missing from the bedroom fan, thereby also making it inoperable.

On our first night the front desk clerk went missing for about 30 minutes. A lobby full of guests were trying to check in -- ringing phones were unanswered, cash was laying unattended on the counter, and NOBODY was around. About the time that 9-1-1 was called to report these circumstances, the clerk showed up -- said something about helping a guest move to another room. The very next night, same clerk again went missing at about the same hour. This time there was a note on the counter: "Busy helping a guest." Sounds like this hotel has only one evening clerk on duty and doesn't staff the counter when she's on break.

While I appreciate the fact that the supervisor on duty during our checkout gave us a partial refund, the fact remains that this facility is run like a train wreck. The profound failures of housekeeping, maintenance and staffing levels reflect directly on inept ownership philosophy and incompetent management.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Cletus-Atwood
Vanessa P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Schiltkraut,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our maintenance and housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. Please also accept my sincere apology for the situation you encountered with our front desk staff. This is an area we will be reexamining to make sure there is always proper representation to help our guests at all times. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Vanessa Phillips

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I come to this area about once a year and always stay at this hotel. Getting here is very easy. Checking in was quick. Suite was clean, and nicely appointed. Breakfast was tasty, and evening meals/reception was great as well. The staff was extremely nice and courteous. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Try for a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay here while on an extended business trip. The location of the hotel is splendid. It's backed up against 4 large shopping areas with plenty of restaurants/night life within walking distance. It's all very well lit so walking around in the evening is safe.

From the moment you check in till the time you check out - excellent hospitality and customer service is what you can expect from the whole staff. They are all very friendly and everyone always greets you and asks you how you are. I love this emphasis on hospitality. It makes a huge difference when you have to stay in a place for several weeks.

The hotel has plenty of amenities. My two favorites are the pool and hot tub outside and the meals included in the price. They serve breakfast and dinner for you, the meals are not bad and allows you to save a ton of money. They also have free wifi, a business center and a tiny gym area (which is my biggest complaint - make it bigger Homewood!).

The rooms are the standard Homewood suites size, with a little kitchen area, a lounge and a large bathroom area (my wife appreciated this). The desk in the room was rather large and I was happy about that, plenty of space to do work on. They had maid service every day and the rooms were kept very clear and neat all the time.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Roseville area. The area is great, the hotel is great and the staff are some of the best I've had the pleasure of working with worldwide.

Room Tip: Get one on the third floor (there's an elevator) and on the outside. The pool area can get loud...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Clean, comfortable, and accommodating! I was impressed with our room, which was quiet and homey. The staff was great, and the breakfast was delicious! We enjoyed walking to the mall from the hotel, and there are tons of restaurants and shops within an easy distance. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family