New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Seattle, Washington
“Would stay there again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Overall, we were pleased and would stay there again.
I used Hilton points for two free nights for myself and 2 teen daughters over Labor Day weekend. We got a one bedroom suite with 2 Queens and sofa bed. A nice, quiet location and we felt safe. Plenty of parking. Check-in was great. Very friendly desk staff. The room was spotlessly clean. Nice little kitchen, and plenty of space overall. The queen beds were very comfy, but the sofa bed was miserable. Would not recommend sleeping on it. Otherwise the room was great. We were on the top floor and heard no noise at all. My daughters used the pool and hot tub and said they were good. The outdoor pool closed at 10:00, but the desk clerk said the indoor pool next door at the Marriott was available for us until midnight. Breakfast the first day (Friday at 8:30 am) was great. Not too crowded and plenty of food and good variety. Saturday morning breakfast was not as good, but we went down a little later (9:00 am). Big crowd, no plates or forks available and only one person staffing the area. But she was working hard to keep it all running, and it still had a good variety of items. They should have more breakfast staff on weekends. When we checked out, we got coffee to go from the breakfast station. The same server was there cleaning up, and since the meal service had ended, she had time to help us with a special request. Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Be wary of the sofa bed. It was very uncomfortable. But the regular beds were fabulous! The one bedr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I'd rate this place better if we did not have to call reception to complain that the occupants above our room who appeared to be training a small herd of elephants (well, this is what it sounded like). We went out and came back only to fall into bed to the sounds of young children screaming until near midnight. We didn't bother reception that night but did mention these inconsiderate guests again when we checked out.

Aside from this annoyance the suites are well appointed. We stayed in one with a kitchenette, the bedroom was separated from the lounge/kitchen. The kitchen was well appointed and the whole suite was comfortable.

The grounds are pleasant - there's a pool and a half size basketball court. Some guests were there with their dogs and only rarely did we hear barking inside the building.

I can't recommend this place given the bad night we had there but it will probably suit the majority of visitors.

Room Tip: Want a good night's sleep? Try and get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amethyst_Cat_Oz
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. We have stayed here several times in the last year and are staying for an extended three week period now. We have always enjoyed the friendly helpful staff, the home cooked breakfasts and dinners, and all of the other amenities. It has always been a nice quiet place to stay...until this week. There is some sort of sports tournament going on in the area and the hotel is overrun with unruly children. We stopped going to the dinners because there was no place to sit and the noise level was unbearable. This is in no way a complaint about the staff...they are doing the best they can. It is the parents of the children that are not doing their job. The only reason I make the comment is just to warn others that if you plan to stay here, and want some peace and quiet, you might ask if the place is booked with children's sports teams. Besides that, it is all good.

Room Tip: Room 401...top floor on the corner. nice view and quiter than most.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HWSRosevilleCA, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Gordon91010,

It is so nice to hear you say how wonderful the staff is at the hotel. I know that it has been a little out of the norm with the number of guests we have at the hotel currently. I appreciate you seeing how hard we are trying to ensure that all guests are happy however feel horrible that you were unable to enjoy the wonderful ammenities like breakfast and dinner in which we are so proud of serving. I was there till very late last night helping serve Pizza and I too can understand why you feel the way you do. We serve thousands of guests every year and each and eveyone of them are here for a different reason. I hope you know how sorry we are that you have not been able to relax and enjoy the hotel which has been the case for the majority of your stay. I know you are leaving us soon and hope that the next few days you will be able to experience the normal flow of traffic that you are a customed too.

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding the staff and the opportunity to serve you.

Melissa Jacob-Yalung
Homewood Suites Roseville CA
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had a king bed suite and were very happy with everything. The suite had a fully-equipped kitchen, and we enjoyed the microwave popcorn provided. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel was clean and quiet. The staff pleasant and professional. Breakfast was very good. We didn't use the pool, but it looked fine.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AreWeHavingFunYet
, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear AreWeHavingFunYet,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites by Hitlon in Roseville. I know there were sereral options for you in the area and you stayed with us.

I am happy to hear that you were happy with everything and that you enjoyed the complimentary in suite popcorn that we provide our guest. I know that popcorn is always better in the movies or in a hotel.

Im glad to hear that you the staff treated you well and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot buffet breakfast. I do hope you can come see us again and are able to enjoy our pool next time.

Melissa Jacob-Yalung
General Manger
Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

My family initially stayed here a couple months ago while my husband was working in Sacramento. Our family of 4 had a 1 bdrm king suite with the sofa bed and a rollaway bed and loved it. This latest trip we decided to stay closer to where he worked so booked a hotel in the Natomas area. Homewood was booked in Natomas so we went with another extended stay hotel. As soon as we walked in and my kids saw the tiny & humid indoor pool & claustrophobic gym, they asked if we could go back to Homewood. After seeing the condition of our room I also wanted to go back to Homewood. We immediately called Homewood in Roseville and was able to get the 1 bdrm king suite with a rollaway bed for the final 3 nights of our stay in Sac. We were so relieved! This is what makes this hotel stand apart from the rest. CLEAN and spacious nicely decorated rooms with a well stocked kitchenette including a large fridge with freezer, stovetop, microwave and table. Tasty breakfast with an amazing crew that is always asking if we need anything else. A nice evening dinner (same amazing staff) provided on weeknights. A relaxing courtyard with basketball court and a pool that the kids loved to play in and I loved to relax at. I have a ton of allergies and even though this hotel allows dogs and even had a sweet one roaming the premises, they keep it so clean that I never had any issues or detected any smells. Did I mention how great the staff is? Everyone from front desk, housekeeping, kitchen workers and maintenance were all so friendly. I learned my lesson and in the future will only be staying at Homewood. Although we just got back home, my kids already asking when we can go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Stephanie W,

I am so delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay once again with us. I understand that it is a challenge at times to be away from home and to keep everyone entertained and happy while on the road. I read your letter again and again becuase I wanted to continue to smile with all the wornderful things that you mentioned. I am pleased to hear that my Homewood Family treated you with the customer service and hospitality that you and your family deserve. When I talk to several of my guest they always mention that it is so nice to be able to have a full suite, avail of breakfast and even dinner complimentary, and have the ammenities that we have on site so I am so happy you and your family were able to have the same experience.

I will share your great experience with my team, for this is ultimate reason we are here. Thank you for your kind words and we truly hope that we can welcome you "Home" in the near future.

Melissa Yalung
Milpitas, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

This review is for the reservation system only as we never stayed at this property. My family prepaid for 2 separate 1king bed 1 bedroom suites and a request for cribs were made. However, when we arrived we were as matter of factly told that cribs were not available but in addition, no king bed suites were available and that we were being placed in queen studio suites instead. I was shocked initially. I've always understood hotels never guarantee cribs, but was still disappointed that for an extended stay hotel that caters to families, that they could not even provide one crib. the crib issue aside, I was upset that the situation was proposed as a take it or leave it. Initially, the front desk staff said there was nothing they can do about it as the manager would not be in until the next day. However, when someone in our party protested this arrangement, the front desk staff tried to contact the property manager on duty unsuccessfully. When we stated it was unreasonable for us to prepay for a king suite nonsmoking and be downgraded to a queen studio suite automatically, they offered to place us in a king suite smoking. When we stated that was unacceptable, they contacted their sister property next door and had the property manager come over. she was much more apologetic about this reservation problem and offered to comp us the room and another free night at any other hilton property. At this point though, we opted to just drive another 2 hours home as we believed that we would have a tough time sharing a queen bed with three toddlers. While ultimately it was nice that the property offered us compensation for the oversold reservation, I still feel that the initial take it or leave it attitude for a downgraded room on a prepaid reservation leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jockdoc
Dear Jockdoc,

I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our property and the tardiness of this response. It disheartens me to read how you were treated. I take this review very personally and I take complete responsiblity and ownership of our shortcomings. I understand that ultimately how the situation was handled was the issue and I hope you accept my apology for the behavior of my staff.

I undestand that my Assistant Manager was able to contact you. You should have received a complimentary voucher for two nights as well as Hilton Honors points for the trouble that you experienced and hope that you will be able to return to us in the near future. I know that your reservation was Pre-Paid, so if you have not already received your refund you should receive it soon.

I know that the voucher, points, and refund does not change your perception of the hotel nor does it make up for our shortcomings however I do hope that you accept my sincerest apologies and know that I care about your experience and would love to personally ensure that your future stay is better.

Melissa Yalung
General Manger
Tigard, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and it was an excellent experience. I echo a previous review that the staff were excellent, not only at the front desk, but the breakfast attendant was probably the best I have ever seen. He greeted everyone when they came in and wished them a good day when they left. I complimented him that it was obvious he liked his job; he said he did not "like his job", he "loved his job" and it showed. Room was very good and spacious and felt like home. Good location as there are many restaurants nearby as well as the Galleria.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple