“WOW--GREAT EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Tigard, Oregon
“WOW--GREAT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and it was an excellent experience. I echo a previous review that the staff were excellent, not only at the front desk, but the breakfast attendant was probably the best I have ever seen. He greeted everyone when they came in and wished them a good day when they left. I complimented him that it was obvious he liked his job; he said he did not "like his job", he "loved his job" and it showed. Room was very good and spacious and felt like home. Good location as there are many restaurants nearby as well as the Galleria.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

I have been here for about a month and let me say the hotel is very good but what makes this a fantastic one is the staff that work here. They really make you feel at home and very friendly I really like the lady that runs the kitchen, Ms. Yolanda she goes out of her to make you feel good. I have really enjoyed this stay and next time I come to Sacramento it's a no brainier where to stay...... :-D

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week for 5 nights for a business trip. Usually I stay on an upper floor, but this time I wanted to stay on the ground floor because I planned to exercise in my room and did not want to make too much noise for anyone who normally would have been below me. Pros: you can check out a free DVD player, room is spacious, the bedroom had its own ceiling fan, and customer service was great - all of the breakfast/happy hour/dinner employees were polite and seemed to enjoy their jobs; the location of this hotel is also superb for anyone who wants to take in some shopping. The ONLY cons were that this hotel was not as updated as it could be (compared to other Homewoods Suites I have stayed at), the bed was comfy but just seemed a little less comfy than usual, and the carpet smelled a little too much like Carpet Fresh (but I am not sure if that is a bad thing - at least it smelled fresh!). The other positive - I noticed a good amount of animals on the property - when I made the reservation I had forgotten that this hotel accepts pets - and while I was on-site for 5 nights, I was NOT disturbed one iota due to the noise of a pet. The ONLY reason why I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because, as I said before, the furnishings could use an update. Other than that, the service was great, the property was clean, no issues with the free internet (wifi) and I enjoyed my stay there. I would stay again if I were to have business again in the area.

Room Tip: Room 128 was on the ground floor, way on the opposite side of the reception area. If I were to stay...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ariel519
HWSRosevilleCA, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Ariel519.

On behalf of the entire staff and myself, I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback as well as choosing our hotel amongst so many. I shared your feedback with the staff and they were thrilled to hear such sweet words so, Thank you!

I understand how traveling for 5 nights can seem like a very long time and that a DVD player is a nice ammenity to have. To be honest, the reason why we have DVD playrers is becuase a traveler like yourself mentioned it would be nice to have and here they are. I know working out is important to you and I am excited to tell you that we will be remodeling our fitness center and upgrading our equipment in July.

I travel as well and see the more updated Homewoods and I feel that the hotel could definitely use some refreshing furnishings and decor and I will continue to work to getting this done little by little. We strive to ensure that even if the furnishings are dated that they are clean and most of all comfortable.

Once again, Ariel519, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the travel community and tell them about your experience. I know that you mentioned that you will return and I do hope I can personally see you during your stay next time.

General Manger
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Clean, modern, extremely friendly staff, full size fridge and micorwave, nice free breakfast and dinner and in a new/upscale/modern area with easy walk to many stores and restaurants. I travel all the time for business and this is a top notch property. Dan and Ashlyn at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get an odd numbered room to possibly avoid the rattle and hum noises from the highway, but really th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hello H8UofFL,

Thank you for your positive feedback during your stay in March. I noticed that you took the time to mention that Dan and Ashlyn were very friendly and helpful and I wanted to say "Thank you" for acknowledging them. It is nice to hear great things about the property but for someone to let me know of certain individuals that made their stay more pleasant always warms my heart. The true meaning of hospitality is to have genuine care and concern for the travelers that come stay with us and I am sure for you to remember their names they must have had an impact. I have shared this with them and they were excited to hear that they made a difference. I tell my staff all the time that "a room is a room but YOU are what makes the difference".

I am glad you were able to enjoy your suite as well as the breakfast and dinner that we have to offer. We are trying new recipes every day and hope you enjoyed our fresh baked items for breakfast and our new Zesty Orange Glaze Chicken which I am hearing great reviews about.

I did notice your Room tip of getting an odd number room and I will keep a note of that when doing my room inspeciations. Maybe I can brainstorm with my team to see how we can improve on that.

Thank you again H8UoFL for choosing the Homewood Suites but also for your kind words. We hope that we can be "Your Home away from Home" when you are in the Roseville/Rocklin/Lincoln area.

Homewood Suites by Hilton, Roseville
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We only spent one night here, but it was excellent. Very clean. Rooms where perfect. The location is in an upscale area of Roseville.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hello CeliacTraveler57,

I apologize for the delay of this response. I hope your travels have been nice and that this reply finds you well. I wanted to take the opportunity to Thank you for your review. I understand you only stayed one night but that you found your accommodation to be "clean" and "perfect". These are words every Manager loves to hear and even more so loves to share with the team.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out the the travel community and tell them about your experience. It mean a lot to me.

I hope you the best in your travels and hopefully when you visit Roseville you can stay longer than a night.

madison WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We were not looking forward to staying in Roseville at a hotel. We usually stay w/relatives in Sacramento. But we were pleasantly surprised. Very convenient location, good rates, delicious breakfasts, but most of all EXCELLENT customer service! No question or request was too trivial. Refreshing water (cucumber or melon or other) daily in the lounge, good TVs, adequate exercise room, good laundry. I even went swimming in the heated outdoor pool when it was 60 degrees, though they said I was also welcome to use the indoor pool at their sister hotel next door. ill definitely stay there again,

Room Tip: No problems w/our second floor room. The windows open, YAY! But the heat was fine too, not too nois...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hello runnerjeff,

I hope this response finds you well. I apologize about the time of my response however I am pleased to see that you found your stay to be pleasant. I appreciate your kind words but more importantly that you recognized the team for having excellent customer service. I am happy to read that you loved the breakfast and enjoyed our fruity water. We hope we can serve you in the near future once again.

Best Regards,

Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We were in Roseville/Rocklin Feb 2012 for a family wedding. Many hotels in the area, but this on is unique with the two bed/bath suites (apart from the divey Marriot Residence). My wife and I decided to share one of their two bed-two bath suites with my parents to keep costs down. Had a few families in our party do this. While en route, received a call from the management (i forgot her name) that our room wasn't avaliable due to a pipe break. However, she quickly apologized and offered us two Suites at the same price. She was extrememly nice, and even put the rooms next door to one another. Great way to win back a customer -- quickly fixing a problem. Nicely done!

Check-in just after 3pm was quick and efficient, with the front desk once more apologizing for the inconvenience of not having the room we booked. We found our rooms very clean and extremely spacious. Full living area seperated from the sleeping/bath area by a door. A large flat-screen TV in both areas. The full kitchen is nice for families, and we used the microwave, fridge, and sink multiple times. We loved that the living area was seperated from the beds/bathroom by an acutal door, so if you wanted you could stay up and watch the tv you could while others slept.

The dining area was spacious and very clean. Breakfast is included in the room price, andselections were very good, with hot items like eggs, bacon, pancakes, and waffles, with a good assortment of yogurt, fruit, bagels, and pastries. The two nights we stayed, the breakfast offerings changes. A definite plus if you're staying multiple nights.

This is a good hotel for longer stays or for families that need a bit more room. Location is great, with the Galleria mall just minutes away, as well as many restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: We had rooms 200 and 201. They are on the quiet side of the hotel. Didn't hear any noise from...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family