“Best Homewood Suites Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville

Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
California
“Best Homewood Suites Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have stayed at many Homewood Suites (all of which were really good except for Anaheim) but this is the best! I have been here 4 times. The service is always great and the rooms are very clean and have very comfortable beds and comforters. The location is great for restaurants and shopping. Lacie helped us get the room that we wanted (as a walk in) and was absolutely a delight to deal with. Thanks Lacie! My only complaint is that the breakfast was a little weak (seems like it was better before)....but definately adequate. Rooms are good sized and it was nice and quiet. Also has a nice desk area.

Room Tip: Top floor is best. Mall view if possible.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
corpus christi, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I traveled to Roseville, CA with my 87+ year old mom, so she might visit her cousin. I booked us a 2 bedroom suite, which is one of the reasons I chose this hotel, as we were staying 5 nites. Very disappointed to find when we arrived @ 6pm, that our 2 BR Suite was no longer available because of a lock mechanism glitch which could not be fixed until the parts arrived from who knows where later that week. They were also booked solid and no other 2 BR suites (or 1 BR) available for our whole stay. They did manage to place us in rooms across from each other in studio suites, gave us a very substantial discount, and extra Hilton points. Staff was always very helpful, cheerful, and enthusiastic in any request we made. Location was excellent for shopping and restaurants. No road noise at night and very quiet as hotel away from freeways at the end of a dead-end street. Very clean hot tub, tho the pool was a tad cold. Breakfast and dinner OK, but the staff always friendly, tried hard, and always adding hot food, refilling, cleaning, etc. Not much you can do with prefab food these places serve. Had a few minor issues with light bulbs, locking windows, but, what could have been a bad trip, was made good by the helpful staff who did their best to accommodate us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
WASHINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I agree totally with "FIVE STARS" review. (We might have been staying here at the same time as we noticed a number of well behaved dogs around the grounds.) Everything is clean and attractive. We participated in breakfast as well as several dinners during our weeks stay. Yolanda was especially cheerful and concerned that we had everything that we needed. She even asked in advance if I had any special requests for breakfast! We visited relatives in the area and it was so nice to have the "apartment" style room in order to entertain. Tho we chose not to use the housekeeping service daily there was no problem exchanging clean towels, supplies for the kitchen, etc. They were more than gracious. You can pick up a discount coupon from the front desk for Nugget Foods (a destination in itself!).
I did ask for a room away from the strip mall (having read another review) when I made my online reservation. The front desk mentioned that request when I checked in, which made me feel immediatly that they were concerned about their customers. We actually stayed a total of a week but in 2 segments. The first room was 416. Great room but there was a slight smoke smell in the hallway going to and from the elevators. The second room was 226. This location was closer to the elevator (there are 2) that puts you at the back parking lot (very handy for unloading/loading and coming and going). The laundry was right next to the room so I felt comfortable returning to my room while doing our clothes. No noise from the laundry room but it is quite stuffy in there so I was glad to be so close. A complimentary business room on the main floor is available with computer, printer, fax machine (charge for outgoing fax). I had no problems accessing a computer when I wanted to check email. There were 2 computers but only 1 ever worked. For management, the only suggestion I have is to know the area where you are working. Being able to offer suggestions for where to mail a package, directions to resturants listed in their facility book, etc is something that I would take for granted. The front desk was quick to offer printing off directions but I was surprised they were not familuar with popular and basic businesses in the area. I guess this lack of knowledge stands out to me because otherwise we were made to feel like we were a guest in someone's home and normally a host can assist a guest with those types of questions. Would we stay at Homewood Suites Roseville again: YOU BET.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Reseda, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My highest compliments to the friendly and great staff who were so attentive and made me and my show dog feel at home this past weekend. The suite was lovely, clean and quiet. The property seems new, safe and immaculate with lovely grounds. I had a top floor room facing the pool.The room has a full kitchen with refrigerator, microwave and stove. There is a separate bedroom with cable television, plenty of counter space by the bathroom sink, and a spacious clean toilet and bathtub behind another door. The living room was tastefully decorated, with another televison and plants. A delicious hot breakfast was served in the morning, and because the staff knew I had to leave so early in the morning to get to my dog show, they opened the breakfast area early for me. The food was delicious, with perfectly cooked bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, cereals, waffles and even a "made from scratch" apple crisp!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a fine suite hotel in Sacramento, relatively new and very clean. It's a stone's throw away from the Galleria Mall (by Westfield). We visited relatives in Antelope and this is just a short distance away. You can get some food and groceries and wine at the nearby Whole Foods and cook a meal in your suite. Complimentary hot breakfast is a plus with u-cook waffles and lots of bacon or sausage. Breakfast staff is very amiable. Swimming pool is very clean and secure although a bit small. Some issues with housekeeping not doing a thorough enough job and coffee maker lid missing but just minor inconveniences. Will definitely stay again on the next visit.

Room Tip: Any room is fine. Not much of a view since its in a commercial area.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Leandro, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stayed here one night for a brief stay. The hotel was pretty full as disclosed by the front desk. The rooms/suites were a nice. Even though the hotel was pretty full the complimentary breakfast in the lobby at 8:30am in the morning on a Saturday was not crowded at all. The breakfast was decent. The only complaint I had about the breakfast was that the eggs had meat mixed in them. I did ask for some plain scrambled eggs which they had in the back (but I had to ask for them). We did have a room on the back side facing the strip mall, so early in the morning you could here big trucks. The other thing is the picture of the suites on the website doesn't show it but their is an actual door that separates the living room/kitchen and the bedroom/bathroom- if that is important to you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the back of the strip mall.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I have stayed here many times and not take the time to write a review. I was just there for 6 nights due to an illness of a family member in the area. The room was perfect, small kitchenette with full size frig, mw, even a stove and dishwasher. There are more t.v. stations than in many hotels, and the breakfast is incredible for something that is included. There were hot foods, real oatmeal, real dishes, good coffee. But probably the best thing is the service. Gaynor in particular, really helped me as my dates continued to be extended due to the family situation and it ran over the July 4th weekend when they were booked solid. I have tried others in the area and no comparison. Also very comfy beds!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orchid Hotel & Suites
SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville
TownePlace Suites Sacramento Roseville

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville? Share your experiences!