Review Highlights
Were we go to see the "indies"

Reviewed June 3, 2015
Sharron E
Auburn, California
I love this place

Reviewed May 19, 2015
lyndarf
sacramento

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

We watch a movie at this venue every couple of months or so. It shows foreign films (Grand Budapest Hotel), or independent films that are interesting but may not have a wide audience. A visit to the Tower Theater will transport you to 1938 when it was originally built. In the 1980's the single screen was replaced by three different screens. The foyer appears Art Deco in style. Chairs look decades old.

Parking can be a problem, and we often have to park on the street. On our last visit to the Tower Theater we missed a street sign that said that one had to be a resident to be able to park on that street, and we found a ticket on our windshield.

1  Thank MGN777
Reviewed October 17, 2015 via mobile

This theater has such a old world charm to it. Went here for a play and it was very entertaining. Really enjoyed the friendly staff and the great actors. Can't wait to visit to see another play again.

1  Thank rshaneel
Reviewed October 1, 2015

My wife and I are very acquainted with this wonderful live theatre and It's owners, you should take In one of their shows some time!

1  Thank wesjoan
Reviewed June 3, 2015

The best atmospheric theater to see independent movies old and new. We live about an hour away but go often and frequently meet friends for movie and meal at the Tower Restaurant.

2  Thank Sharron E
Reviewed May 19, 2015

I saw "When Harry Met Sally" here the night before my Masters exam in 1989. The Art Deco outside and the hippy dippy style of the staff and inside just makes going to the movies a little more special. A real Sacramento treasure.

1  Thank lyndarf
Reviewed March 11, 2015

Fun Fun Fun with a great atmosphere, fair pricing, great parking and just an all around wonderful time was had by all of us that attended. The show was so funny, seriously. You will laugh your butt off. LOL

1  Thank Pamela H
Reviewed October 8, 2014

16 theatres easy parking and access Food outlets close by easy access to 65
Has never been busy during our stops

1  Thank Paula R
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed the fall comedy series they had. I forgot the name of the group but it was something like the 4 incredibly handsome comedians or similar. I love comedy and this was a lot of fun.

1  Thank Emily J
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Badly in need of TLC. Bad viewing, bad sound, and no one seems to care. We want to support independent businesses, but we need some value for our dollar.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am not sure if the Tower Theater or the Crest Theater are my favorite in Sacramento but both have a great atmosphere. The big screen is much better than the two smaller screens so beware. But, a tub of popcorn, a Sprite, and two hours later I feel like I have been to a mental spa!

1  Thank Kai H