“Vegetarian Heaven”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Baagan Cafe
Description: In our soothing casual environment, Baagan serves a menu of "fast casual" healthy vegan cuisine that is mainly organic. Our menu consists of cooked and fresh raw foods with something to please everyone. Everything is hand-made in-house with fresh ingredients (no preservatives, no artificial anything!) and is allergy-friendly: most items are gluten-free and many are nut free. All are dairy-free, lactose-free, casein-free, refined-sugar-free, and free of artificial colors and flavors. All are delicious! We also offer unique organic teas, hand crafted in our local kitchen, using special herbal, ayurvedic, and healing blends. (Try the Be Slim Satva -- everyone who tries it, loves it!) You can choose to take your items to-go or relax in our dining area. You can also browse through our shop's hand-crafted spice blends, unique tea blends, and healthy delicious snacks. We strive to use eco-friendly materials and provide delightful products for our customers who value a healthy lifestyle and a sustainable environment.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I love this place, although I've had only two things here. I try to branch out but ever since the day I had their eggplant Panini for the first time, I just can't bring myself to do it! I never thought I would crave a vegetarian meal, but if there is a happy afterlife, I'm pretty sure they will be serving this sandwich (on the house made gluten free bread) there. Layers of roasted eggplant, fresh spinach, tomato, onion and avocado with an olive tapenade, grilled to perfection. YUM!

The other item I had was the mixed salad and that was also lovely. Everything crisp and fresh and the dressing was very good.

I'm hoping someday they will decide to sell their gluten-free bread as a retail item....please, please...

1  Thank Jennifer K

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my first time trying Bagaan. I had the veggie wrap and it was delicious. I can't wait to go back and try something else. Wish I lived close by. It's worth the drive. The place isn't very big but its nice and clean. The service was terrific.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I visited Baagen for lunch while in town for a few days. Oh how I wish they had something this wonderful where I live. The menu is not big and overwhelming. I had the eggplant Panini on multigrain bread. It had a delicious pesto sauce and toasted to perfection. I absolutely could have eaten two. I also had the Mocaccino which could be like a "frappacino" but sooooo much better. It's not nearly as sweet. I would absolutely make this a weekly trip if I had one!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'll have to admit I'm a conformed carnivore, but having been to Myanmar the restaurant name intrigued me, a twist on the ancient city of Bagan. I was wondering how they'd incorporate the theme of the restaurant. I didn't find the reference, but I did find some good food.

I knew going in that I wouldn't find meat or dairy as the restaurant defines itself as Vegan. I do like salads & vegetables, so I knew there would be something I'd like. I choose the Veggie Wrap in the Spinach Tortilla, described as a Garden Salad in a wrap. That's a good definition. It was a pleasant way to eat the salad, kind of vertically instead of horizontally. Tasty salad with a number of ingredients for variety, Spring Mix, Carrots, Grape Tomatoes, Pea Sprouts, etc. Your choice of several spreads, and optional spicy Sunflower Seeds with a little kick. If you want it with dressing order The Garden Salad a bit further down the menu.

I also had a cup of The Kitcheri Soup, something new to me. A porridge of Quinoa, Millet, Lentils, & Vegetables with a light Curry flavor. Very pleasant addition to the meal. I liked the soup.

You won't find a Diet Soda in the place, but there's whole variety of healthy things to drink, you can explore an extensive choice of hot and cold drinks, Tea, Smoothies, Vegetable Drinks, Iced Drinks, etc.. I stuck with water & lemon.. so many choices available I thought I'd leave those decisions for another time.

You order at a counter then they bring your tray to a service counter where you get silverware, napkins, etc. So it's a semi-self service restaurant. The staff is very friendly, but you do fetch your own food.

The restaurant is in an area I visit regularly, so when looking for "something different" for a meal I'll be back.. Who knows, I may even try a Magic Emerald, a sweet bananas and Spinach Smoothie along with a Kale Salad.. Lots of food adventures ahead !

1  Thank EffStop
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I ate here for the first time yesterday while attending a cooking class and was not disappointed!! Everything is healthy vegan, which is a rare find in Roseville. The place was clean and service was excellent. I tried their Veggie Quesadilla with "Cheesy" Chipotle sauce and a Be Slim Satva herbal tea. Both were wonderful! Everything coming out of the kitchen also looked amazing. Only downside is the place gets crowded, but understandable as more people are looking to find healthy, delicious food alternatives. I plan to come back here next week to try something else.