“Entertaining and delicious”

Susumu Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #118 of 452 Restaurants in Roseville
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is awesome. Every meal comes with salad and soup. The price is a little expensive but you are also paying for a show. The chefs are really amazing and the food tastes so fresh and good. I got the chicken and beef hibachi meal. Nice variety and comes with fried rice and vegetables. Very good. Will definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Susumu Japanese Steakhouse

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The prices were pretty high and the food was third rate. Third rate in the sense that the food itself was not of the best quality and it was prepared by a chef who was simply going through the motions. The portions were small, which I guess was both good and bad. The service was also disinterested. We won't go back.

1  Thank DAVID F
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We took the whole family (6 adults and 2 children) and had a great time. The Chef cooks your food right in front of you. (it is a lot like Benihana's but little less expensive.) Our chef catered to our grandkids - made a volcano out of an onion - everyone enjoyed the food and the entertainment.

1  Thank Sherry B
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was there few nites ago because i want it to take my boyfriend to a different place to eat. Bought a certificate on groupon and therefore the great economic idea! The place is great, it wasnt busy at the time we arrived but got bussier went leaving :) 8pm . I really recomend this place if you want something nice and economic.... BTW the portions are BIG (none of regular size plate lol)
Hope you enjoy it like we did :)

1  Thank Nat95843
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My family recently celebrated a birthday dinner Susumu. It was a fantastic deal and a performance. Chef Ugi put on a great show; much better than anything that I've seen at Benihana. The price was definitely right - a set course steak meal for under $20 and the show is "free" ! Service was slow because on a Sunday evening, the restaurant didn't have enough chefs, but with the price and the show, it was worth the wait. I rate this excellent for value. Great for groups/parties/large family gatherings.

1  Thank Chris N

Been to Susumu Japanese Steakhouse? Share your experiences!