“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Reno
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2006

My husband and I took a shopping trip to Roseville Feb.25. I found the Larkspur Landing on Tripadvisor and thought we'd give it a try. The location was perfect for us. It's located on Interstate 80 and very close to the Roseville Galleria. Just across the street from the big water park. This is a craftsman style all suite hotel and the accomodations were wonderful. The front desk personell were great, both evening and morning. They have great bedding and one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in. The room was a nice size with a full kitchen. I forgot to pack my toothbrush and they had them at the front desk - complimentary - along with other necessities one might forget. They offer a conteniental breakfast with muffins, bagels, breads, cottage cheese, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. We had dinner at Tahoe Joe's which shares their parking lot. Try their speciality shrimp - YUMMY! After checking TripAdvisor for prices I called the hotel directly and asked about an AARP rate. I was able to save another $30.00 off of the listed price. We've already told others about this great place and we'll definately stay there again.

5 Thank Sierrajean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2005

Excellent choice for our family of 5. Plenty of room with private bedroom. Kids on sofabed and roll away with thier own TV! Clean with all amenities. Helpful and nice front desk. Bagels, cereral, coffee, tea, bottled juice,fruit, assorted breakfast bread. The kids loved it. Used laundry room to dry our wet clothes from our snow day. We had a relaxing stay and would return again. It would be nice to see more hotels provide amenities for families like this one. Would like to see more Larkspur Hotels on our travels.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank Mauidreamers
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,761 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2005

We were in Roseville for a water polo tournamnet this past weekend and I booked the LLH from the reviews found here. We were not disappointed. We had a queen,studio room for $109/night which was a great price for a weekend nigt.

The room was away from the freeway as I requested and was very nice. A small kitchen, fully stocked was a nice touch. I loved the fresh,home baked cookies set out in the evening and the continental breakfast was very healty. Muffins, bagels, lots of bottled juice, Starbuck's coffee and fruit.

The front desk clerk was very friendly and made us dinner reservations at the Horshoe Bar& Grill in Loomis, which was excellent. I loved the cucumber mint Bath & Body Works goodies and the front desk was great about sending up an extra bag of them after my daughter used up all the ones that were originally set out.

A basked of granola bars, popcom and bottled water was complitmentary also. You can use the pool across the way at the Hilton Garden Inn which is also a Larkspur property. Only complaint was that the mattress was very, very firm. Enjoyed the down comforters, lots of fluffly down pillows and nice touches.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank syrahgirl
Pleasant Hill, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2005

My wife and I stayed here on August when she was in Roseville for business. The check in process was awful. It took 45 minutes to get checked in. The receptionist was uninterested and the service was extremely slow. They also lost our check in information. Somehow that was our fault...then it was Expedia's fault. Finally, they located our reservation. We asked for a roll away bed and they told us they could get us a larger room for an extra $30.00...Since we had our kids we payed the extra fee...the extra room was a pull out couch...next to the a/c unit...The room was big since it was a suite but it was sloppy and had paint errors, big chips out of the bathroom and the dishwasher was visibly crooked. The A/C worked great if you were in the suite area but it never cooled off the bedroom....The hot tub was okay and the exercise room was ok...nothing great though...They did have some nice free things like soda, beer, wine and snacks and popcorn in the room .I would not stay here ever again I am sorry to say...too many other better choices near enough....For instance, we stayed at the Marriott in Rancho Cordova the night before and were very happy with that hotel and would recommend that hotel to anyone. The front desk was pleasant and fast...they upgraded us to 2 queens from 1 king at no additional cost when all I asked for was a roll away bed...The pool was excellent for the area and the exercise room was first rate....The room was smaller than Larkspur but it was a much better, relaxing professional experience at the Marriott. I hope this was helpful and not too negative...

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank SeanCM
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2005

Was there on a recent business trip. 5 Star all the way. No detail to small to make your stay comfortable. Of note was the adjustable dimmer switches over the work desk as well as other areas. Made it very nice to work on my laptop. Complimentary high speed internet. Full kitchen in each room. Great free continental breakfast every morning. Beer, Wine, and munchies in the evening on weekdays. Small fitness center (aerobic only). Small spa, no pool. Very good selection of restaurants and retail stores nearby. Water Slide Park nearby.

Only negative was that some of the rooms face a pretty loud street but management was happy to move me to an upgraded room. The front desk clerk Nicole provided outstanding customer service.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank SDPadreFan
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2005

We had a very pleasant stay at the Larkspur. I loved the comfortable mission style decor throughout the rooms and public areas; definitely a step above the usual hotel decor. They tout their beds, which I found to be a bit firm for my taste, but those pillows are to die for! They have down comforters on the beds, but we had to take them off, as they were too warm for California spring temps.

The in-room kitchen had everything needed, including some free snacks. They offer a grocery shopping service, but if you don't want to cook, there are a huge number of restaurants and a mall close by. Tahoe Joe's next door has reasonably priced steak dinners. Free fruit and cookies are available at the front desk, and the continental breakfast was very nice.

The staff was extemely friendly, even giving my husband a free mousepad when he asked if he could purchase one. When we booked online, we requested a room away from the freeway, and had a nice quiet room on the other side. Though we were too tired to use it, the exercise room was very well equipped.

I hope this chain expands to more areas. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2005
San Dimas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

I have stayed in many of the competitors of Larkspur Landing Roseville... Residence Inn, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden.
I highly recommend Larkspur Landing.

Bottomline, the accomodations are going to be the same with each of these hotel chains... the suites are going to be a good size and clean. You're going to get an exercise facility, swimming pool, hot tub, and complimentary breakfast.

But the staff was GREAT! They were really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2005