“They did it again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Houston, Texas
“They did it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I make a yearly journey to Roseville.
I stayed at this hotel last time and they were excellent. I booked with them again. This time over Thanksgiving. I expected that the service would not be as good but they out did themselves.
My daughter stayed with me this time and I used the sofa bed.
SURPRISE! Surprise the SOFA BED WAS REALLY CONFORTABLE!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

When visiting our son's family, we always stay at this excellent hotel with excellent personal service. We have stayed here many times and never had anything but exceptional service. Rooms are very clean and well kept and the staff is always cheerful, helpful and friendly. Breaksfast buffet is well stocked with options that can take care of different cusine needs. They provide freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in the lobby at night for those that enjoy a sweet snack before turning in for the night. Have traveled a great deal over the years and would put this hotel at the top for service, cleanliness and friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: As for off freeway room if you have super sensitive hearing. I have found the rooms to have excelle...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gresham, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed one night November 29/30 2013. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. Nick asked if we were light sleepers which we are. He put us in the quietest room they had. Very thoughtful thank you Nick. The room was clean and comfortable. Overall great stay great atmosphere and even better value for the money spent. We would most certainly stay again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield Missouri, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Overall a very nice hotel. Very polite staff and clean rooms. I liked the location for us. We were attending a wedding close by and the location was perfect. Also easy access to the interstate for a quick trip to Tahoe or Reno.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at Larkspur Landing for the first time in the summer of 2013. I was there for a month on personal business. From the first time I called and spoke to Heather Hilton about the monthly rate, all the way up to staying there and experiencing the friendliness of the staff, larkspur Landing is A+ in my book. Their rooms are very nice and the kitchenette is well stocked. They have wonderful coffee and there is a coffee maker in each room. The staff is not pretentious at all and you are quickly put at ease by the friendliness of the staff as they are very accommodating and are eager to help in whatever way they can to help make your stay the best it can be

I have not stayed at a lot of hotels because they are usually so Pretentious. I prefer the family atmosphere of The Larkspur to any other hotel.

I find in staying anywhere that the staff is the most important attribute of any hotel. Well, the amenities are important too but if a hotel does not have a good, personal staff, that can override any amenities hate hotel has to offer.

I had my small service dog with me and they have little dog biscuits in the lobby for the dogs as well at the warm cookies for us. Very nice touch!

They also have a Happy Hour two nights every week with food provided by Whole Foods and the flood is delicious!

I have stayed at The Larkspur now at least three times, every time I come to the area. I feel like it is a home away from home!

Room Tip: I had a room right by their business office and experienced no issues. The rooms are comfortable an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The rooms have a small kitchen with stove,dishwasher and full refrigerator. I refuse to pay $2.50 for a small bottle of water that was in the room. Our room faced the freeway and there was a train that came by around 5:30AM! If we stay here again I will request a room on the other side and bring ear plugs just incase. LOTS of nearby restaurants and a water park right across the street, although it was closed when we were there (Oct11-12 2013) there is a LARGE mall about 1/2 mile up the road. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. They do not have a pool on the property but that could be because of the water park across the street.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank msdragonfly2259
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Checked in and front desk person was kind. We got the executive suite which was spacious and perfect for our one night stay with our two dogs.

However, they charge $2.50/bottle for water they put in the room. I would expect more in an upgraded room since most offer at least 2 water bottles for free.

The "continental" breakfast was completely disappointing. Runs from 6 am to 10 am. I came at 8:30 am and the "food item of the day" (cinnamon rolls) were out of stock. What was left was cereal, breads, hard boiled eggs and yogurt. They precook the waffles and french toast so they are soggy when you stick them into the toaster. No protein or anything impressive. The space is also super small so not many people can move around in the kitchen area and not many places to sit and enjoy breakfast.

We paid about $50 less to stay at the Hyatt Place down the street and their breakfast was much more impressive and offered much more space and options.

Overall, it's an older hotel and although it's nice, there are better options in the area to stay at the give more for your money.

Room Tip: We booked an executive suite on the first floor. Much better than the other rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family