WINNER WONDERLAND

Johnny Garlic's
Ranked #160 of 424 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Wheatland, California
“Dreaming of the appetizer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I am a big fan of Guy from watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. We had to visit one of his restaurants after moving to the area. We were pleased with our visit. We were seated right away and the waiter was very friendly and helpful. The appetizer was AMAZING! I can't stop thinking about it. We had the artichoke hearts which were fried and had a yummy sauce on top. Delicious! My meal was tasty and we got dessert to go. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Roseville, California
“Mostly Good Food, But Noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

The first thing we noticed was that the acoustics leave much to be desired. Even when less than full, the restaurant resonates so that conversation requires one to add to the loud voices.
The garlic fries appetizer was wonderful! So were the meat and potatoes parts of the Venison Oso Buco special on our visit. The vegetables, however, failed to live up to the meat. An example is celery which was cooked to a gummy non-chewable substance. The Shrimp Scampi was excellent. The quantity of that entree was a bit much, so we took home a full meal's worth for reheating. We're unlikely to be racing back.

• Visited November 2013
Palmer, Alaska
“Don't Waste a dime here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

two us sick after dinner, waited a long time, place was crowded, absolutely no idea why because I'll never go here again. Food is mediocre, and industrial. Guy is just a cartoon character attracting the masses.

• Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“just okay....sadly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I love you Guy!! But the restaurant was just ok. not sure if he just lent his name to this place or if he really has an active role. the food was just ok as well. I went with 2 other co-workers. one of them had the house salad-small. it was gigantic! if you go for a salad you will not be disappointed! however, I had the bacon wrapped shrimp over yukon gold potatoes.the vegetable of the day that came with it was brussel sprouts. wtheck I guess i should have asked bc I hate them. the yukon gold potatoes were not good, just a personal preference. I had the garlic soup and it was flavorless. unfortunately I was very disappointed in the food.

• Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice atmosphere, but where's the spice?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Wanted to try Guy's own restaurant and while the place and menu were quite good, I have to say that I was disappointed by the lack of flavor in the meal that I ordered. The French Onion Soup was bland and the Flatbread had texture but not any kick. My coworker had a Cajun Alfredo dish and had the same complaint. The prices were very good, but perhaps we ordered the wrong dishes to sample the Chef's works. Otherwise the staff was great and the experience overall just fine.

Visited October 2013