“Mostly Good Food, But Noisy”
Review of Johnny Garlic's

Johnny Garlic's
Ranked #144 of 455 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The first thing we noticed was that the acoustics leave much to be desired. Even when less than full, the restaurant resonates so that conversation requires one to add to the loud voices.
The garlic fries appetizer was wonderful! So were the meat and potatoes parts of the Venison Oso Buco special on our visit. The vegetables, however, failed to live up to the meat. An example is celery which was cooked to a gummy non-chewable substance. The Shrimp Scampi was excellent. The quantity of that entree was a bit much, so we took home a full meal's worth for reheating. We're unlikely to be racing back.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

two us sick after dinner, waited a long time, place was crowded, absolutely no idea why because I'll never go here again. Food is mediocre, and industrial. Guy is just a cartoon character attracting the masses.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I love you Guy!! But the restaurant was just ok. not sure if he just lent his name to this place or if he really has an active role. the food was just ok as well. I went with 2 other co-workers. one of them had the house salad-small. it was gigantic! if you go for a salad you will not be disappointed! however, I had the bacon wrapped shrimp over yukon gold potatoes.the vegetable of the day that came with it was brussel sprouts. wtheck I guess i should have asked bc I hate them. the yukon gold potatoes were not good, just a personal preference. I had the garlic soup and it was flavorless. unfortunately I was very disappointed in the food.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Wanted to try Guy's own restaurant and while the place and menu were quite good, I have to say that I was disappointed by the lack of flavor in the meal that I ordered. The French Onion Soup was bland and the Flatbread had texture but not any kick. My coworker had a Cajun Alfredo dish and had the same complaint. The prices were very good, but perhaps we ordered the wrong dishes to sample the Chef's works. Otherwise the staff was great and the experience overall just fine.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Lunch. 2 adult women order Sonoma Salad. Lots of fluffy lettuce, VERY few ingredients listed on the menu - dried cranberries (maybe 2), nuts, cheese. VERY disappointing. Dressing good Accompanying bread good, but waiter carried away half a piece we intended to eat. Wouldn't have salad there again. Place too dark at lunch for my taste. I had come a long way to visit my friend, and a stingy lunch salad disappointed us. Arrived at 12:30. 3 bar tables in use, restaurant tables empty. 3 filled by 1:15. Guy would not be happy.