“Clean, spacious, will definitely come back!”

Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco
“Clean, spacious, will definitely come back!”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Room is spacious, clean, large adjustable TV's--to be viewed from living room or bedroom. Room and hotel is quiet--off main road but not on it--so no street noise like some neighboring hotels i've stayed at. Friendly service. Free internet. Nice meeting area downstairs. Good complimentary breakfast. Starbucks inside hotel. Heated pool, hot tub, and workout facility. Close to shops, restaurants, yoga, and wholefoods. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 9, 2011

FINALLY! A Hotel that offers freshly cooked food 24/7! I got in late the other night and was greeted warmly by the front desk staff, Leah. Having never been to a Hyatt Place, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in late and was offered a full tour of all the hotel amenities and then could order a cheeseburger that was cooked fresh! Even though this hotel is really close to malls and restaurants, it was nice not to have to drive around at night looking for something to eat! After eating dinner in their nicely deocrated "cafe" that also serves wine and beer, I went up to my room, which was extremely quiet, big and very comfortable! The 42" flat screen TV made watching a movie in bed just like home. The next morning, I went down to breakfast, which had so many options, I wouldn't call it "continental" at all. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I enjoyed the selection of everything they had, plus a freshly made Starbucks (which wasn't free, but so what- at least I didn't have to drive across the street to get my Latte). I highly recommend Hyatt Place! This one is brand new and the staff obviously takes a lot of pride in their new hotel because they were really friendly and extremely helpful!! I will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
wa
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We were in town for a family wedding. The Hyat Place is a perfect hotel and great location. By the Galleria Mall and close to freeway and many resturants, all within walking distance. The only issue we had is on New Years with some underage kids partying late into the night and being very noise but the hotel staff took care of that right away. Breakfast was great, coffee and tea, hot & cold meals.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Tustin, California
Reviewed November 22, 2010

This hotel was a nice surprise. The rooms were large and comfortable. The couch could easily seat 5 people and has great lighting. This is one of the few hotel rooms that I could read in. The bed was also comfortable and the 42" television was a nice touch. The tv swiveled between the sofa and bed. The granite counters and mini fridge were nice extras. The only negatives were the thin towels and complimentary breakfast. The breakfast included juice, coffee cut up fruit and toast or english muffins. They also prepared french toast, muffins and eggs for a fee. Overall I would recommend this hotel, the staff were also great.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Boston, MA
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We reserved via Travelocity a room for two nights at the Hyatt Place Sacramento/Roseville hotel. More than a month before the trip our plans changed, making it no longer necessary for us to travel to Roseville. We were dismayed to learn that the Hyatt passed along a fee (through Travelocity) for the entire amount of the two-day reservation, making it impossible to cancel our reservation without losing the entire amount. Travelocity does not charge cancellation fees so it is clear that the Hyatt is the culprit in this instance. While the Travelocity uber-tiny fine print did indicate that cancellation fees might be passed along, it never occurred to us that these would essentially render the ticket nonrefundable, especially as this is not the policy for reservations booked on the Mariott website (a friend of mine reserving there had no difficulty canceling). I feel cheated and taken advantage of, both by Travelocity and Hyatt. A complaint letter to Hyatt fell on deaf ears, informing me only that no refund was possible. I will no longer book using Travelocity and, moreover, I will avoid the scheming Hyatt when I can!

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank threescientists
Fort Irwin, California
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We have stayed here three times since the hotel opened. It is a very nice hotel with great deals. The room we stayed in had two beds plus a huge couch that also folded out. There was plenty of space for us and our four young children to stay there. There was free wi-fi and lots of television channels. The front desk staff is very nice (its a bit fake at times, but what hotel staff isn't). The breakfast was tolerable - fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast, dry cereal. You can pay for a hot breakfast if you want but we never did. For the price it can't be beat in Roseville.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our one year anniversary. We needed just one night to ourselves. The AAA price was a huge incentive for us and I wanted to try out the Hyatt Place beings I had never before.

Showed up at 3p per our reservation. We did not get the key card to our room until 3:45. Granted there were a few others checking in at the same time, we were waiting, alone in the lobby for 30 min. There were at least 4 desk agents who didn't seem to know what was going on. However, they were very very sweet and gave us breakfast coupons for the morning and complimentary Starbucks as we waited. To their credit, we had a great corner room on the top floor.

The next morning it was a different crew and different attitude. Definitely your more typical hotel employee who probably talks about the guests behind their backs after you ask for help.

We arrived to partake in the breakfast bar only to find everything taken down and the staff cleaning up. I asked when breakfast ended and they said 9:30. I looked at my phone and, no joke, it was 9:31. Thankfully we had coupons for a hot breakfast.

The food was ok though it seemed to take a while and my wifes eggs were cold. (again I got a free Starbucks :)

Overall the facility itself is great and I would stay there again just to get out for the night. Bed was super comfortable, gym was decent, and the spa was not too hot.

All they need is to retweek some of the staff training and replace some of the grumpy ones in the morning.

• Stayed October 2010