New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville

Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
North Brunswick, New Jersey
“The best and friendliest staff ever. Beautiful hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The design and location of this magnificent hotel is great. This hotel is located within 15 walking minutes from the Galleria Mall, one of the best malls in the region.

The check-in was the best I have experienced. My request to be located close to an exit door on the first floor was granted immediately. The room layout and design is astonishing for a 3-star hotel and, furniture and all appliances are very good quality including a large flat screen TV with free HBO, a refrigerator and a safe. My large room, which was, divided into a sleeping area with one king size bed, a living area with a sofa and a working area with a table and chair was kept very clean for the entire 17-day duration of my stay at the hotel. The climate control system works very well.

In addition, the hotel offers a free and generous breakfast everyday and the paid snack bar is decently supplied with a small variety of beers, coffee, juice, water, sodas and food. This hotel has a beautiful lobby, a nice reception area that is a continuation of the snack bar, an indoor and outdoor breakfast area with sitting tables, a small but nice outdoor pool and a small and handy exercise room.

The only minor problem I found was the very slow wireless Internet connection.

Overall, I was extremely pleased and happy with everything regarding my 17-day stay at this hotel. I highly recommend it.

The entire staff was wonderful and I apologize for not remembering their names, which I would like to mention on this modest review.

George Dinescu

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Daly City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Hyatt Place, by far is my favorite hotel, in the Roseville, CA Area. I stayed at several other brands, and find the Hyatt Place, great. The size of the room with 2 beds, is larger then your typical hotel chain. Its almost like a mini suite. Theres, a mini fridge, coffee in the room, and nice soap products. The hotel, is equipped with free wifi. Theres, a nice pool, gym, and a 24 hour gym. There's computers for your internet needs. The breakfast by far was great. There was fresh fruit, cereals, egg sandwiches, pastries, juices and coffee. The staff from the housekeeper, to front desk staff, were very nice. I would definitely recommend, the Hyatt for guests, passing through town, or looking to visit Thunder Valley. Thank you Hyatt Place, for your hospitality.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Rafael, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When I stayed here last weekend I woke up with bug bites all over my stomach and politely told the front desk staff at check out. I am never one to complain and also have worked at hotels for the past 5 years, including Hilton's, resorts, and other properties so I know what should happen when this sort of incident arises.

She got her manager who did nothing other than ask me if I wanted to come with him to check the room for bugs. I thought, do I look like I need to SCOUR THE ROOM when they've CLEARLY BITTEN ME ALL OVER??!

His overall disregard for the incident was insulting and THE WORST customer service I have ever been treated in my life. He clearly thought I was lying to him. Not only had I been polite, I received a smug response that "they have excellent pest control." I thought, THEN WHY THE HELL SHOULD I HAVE TO COME WITH HIM TO INSPECT ANYTHING? His indifference to the matter and overall negligent reaction, not to mention idiotic response to a customer who clearly had a real issue was repulsive. Also, the fact that they did NOTHING about the manner also speaks volumes as to how they handle severe issues such as this.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank erin h
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for five nights and it fit our needs perfectly. Comfy beds, modern quiet and clean. Room layout was a little challenging, hubby couldn't close the door to the bathroom if I was at the sink. Also the drawers would collide with the front door if opened and the closet door bangs into the bathroom door. They'll be doing frequent door ding repairs!! Complimentary breakfast was very good. The fitness room is very nice with modern equipment, free weights and a bench and it doesn't smell like a gym! It's close to Thunder Valley for gambling and the best shopping right next door at the Galleria and Fountains. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
McKinney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel no less than 10 times since it first opened. The first 5 or 6 visits were nice. There were always issues with service and the state of the rooms. In the past these were little things like the desk was wobbly or the thermostat was stuck. Issues that were easily repaired by sending an engineer up.

The last 4 visits, however have gotten progressively worse. To the point now, that I will never go back unless they comp me a room. I highly doubt they would do that and even if they did, I would be hesitant to accept. I stayed here 8/26-8/28/2012 while visiting my family. My mother and I travel to Roseville quite often to visit family and we have stayed at the Hyatt Place since it first opened. We almost stayed at Springhill Suites but cancelled our reservation at quite literally the last minute to stay at the Hyatt Place. What a mistake that turned out to be. For this review, I will only focus on what happened during this stay. Anyone who wants to read about the other issues can find my previous reviews by looking up my user name.

When we arrived on 8/26/2012 check in went as expected. When we got into our room, I made a mad dash to the restroom as we had been in the car for 3 hours. I immediately noticed there was grit in the tub, then I looked down and noticed there was dirt on the floor. This made me examine the rest of the room. What I discovered made me ill. There were ground up cookies on the living room floor, there were Jelly Bellies on the floor of the bedroom, there was a large hole in the pillow case on one of the beds, and the worst of it came when I pulled the covers back on one of the beds. The bed sheets had not been changed since the last guest. There were strands of hair, lint, and more cookie crumbs in the sheets. Furthermore, the sheets and pillow cases were all wrinkled up like they get after having been slept on. Disgusting! We called the front desk and management did come up and personally escort us to a new room. I inspected the new room and it was at least clean.

The next day (8/27/12) we went out and stayed out until early evening. When we came back we found that all housekeeping had done was straighten our beds up. The dirty glasses were cleared away but were not replaced with new ones. We did not get anymore shampoo or soaps. The trash was not emptied. We had neatly folded the coverlets for the beds and set them on each bed before we left. When we came back, the nicely folded coverlets had been wadded up and thrown in the corner. Towels that we had put on the floor to be replaced had been sloppily hung back up to be reused. I don't reuse towels in my own home, why would I reuse a towel in a hotel after it has been on the bathroom floor.

Before we left for the day on the 27th, I went down to the lobby to use the public computers to do a little recon for dinner that night. I found that I could not use the computers because one was logged off and the other one was in use. Normally I would not complain about a computer being in use however it was not in use by a guest. A front desk employee was using the computer station to text on her blackberry and play on facebook. I gave her 10 minutes and went back. She was still there facebooking! Completely unprofessional. although I don't know why this surprised me considering my experiences on the day of check in.

These issues are very similar to issues we had with cleanliness and service previously as noted in prior reviews of the Hyatt Place. This was not an isolated incident. This is clearly a constant problem with this hotel. In the past the management asked me to give them another chance...without giving me any incentive to. So I did. I gave them several more chances on my own dime. Never again. If they want me and my family to come back, they will have to give us a reason. I cannot believe that these things are happening, and obviously they happen often at this hotel.

All in all, the service and cleanliness are beyond unacceptable.

Room Tip: A tip to choose a good room? Stay somewhere else. I have stayed here a lot and the quality and ser...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Catori76
milano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I've been in this hotel plenty of times due to work reasons,And I've always loved the way they make you feel li ke you're home. Very huge and clean rooms, good service and great people! The only thing that I'd improve would be the breakfast, I' rather TO have more fresh fruit and some muffin too.

• Stayed July 2012
Antioch, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at the beautiful hotel September 7th for a night. When we first walked into the lobby area we were pleasantly pleased with the decor. This hotel is about two years old so everything looks fresh and beautifully appointed. The front desk personnel were extremely pleasant and helpful - physically coming from around the counter to show us the breakfast area, the "bar" area, etc. Breakfast is included the room rate. They had a really nice selection of hot and cold breakfast food to choose from. The 'cafe' was 24 hours so after our concert we were able to get pretty decent food. The pool area was nice with plenty of lounge chairs and table/chair combos. The work-out room seemed well equipped and clean.

The room was really nice. It was clean and fresh. It had a sitting area with a nice little sectional sofa. This area also had a desk and refrigerator.There were beautiful room dividers that separated the sitting area front the sleeping area. It also had a nice flat screen tv on a swivel stand for viewing in both areas. The hotel provided a tube of toothpaste that I thought was nice. My only gripe was that the front desk rep stated that there were two queens in the room when it was actually two doubles. (I've encountered this issue before - not sure why.)

The hotel is located next to the Westfield Roseville Mall and other shopping areas. There's also plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from as well. We were attending a concert at the nearby casino and the location was perfect for that.

Any real disappointment came at check-out. The bill they slipped under the door contained a charge for the room. I booked the room through Expedia (Blind Bidding Process) and pre-paid for the room. They were unable room the charge and give me a zeroed out bill due to a server issue. However, they assured me that I would not be billed for the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple