“Great Hotel, Will Stay There Again”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Roseville
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few different times while visiting family in the Sacramento area. I have to agree with other posters here, this hotel is a great value for the money and the service is impeccable. I always look at how much I paid and what the value I recieved was. This hotel is a great value for the room rate. The rooms/suites are large with sofas and are nicely decorated. They offer a great free breakfast. The indoor pool is great, especially in the winter. Of course they offer free internet and parking which is always a plus as I hate when I pay $250 a night at a quote 4 star hotel, only to be nickel and dimed for stuff like internet and parking fees. Its in a great location for restaurants and great shopping all around everywhere too if you are looking for that. If your travels take you around Roseville, you won't be sorry if you pick this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Roseville

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed in a quite a few Springhill Suites. They are usually a better value then most hotels in similar price ranges. There used to be vases in the room to brighten the interior. I am not surprised to see the rooms emptied of these decorations, I thought it was only a matter of time that children would be knocking them over. Unfortunately they have not added anything to replace the vases so the room feels a little plainer.

On a more serious note, my husband decided I needed a break, as I am pregnant and the mother of a wonderful and rambunctious 4 year old and as a special treat he took me here so I could stay the weekend and relax and get some me time! We have used this hotel before and I thought nothing of using them again, of course. Then I got into my hotel room, and my pregnancy hormones intensified my annoyance at what I saw.

There were weird brown stains on the couch. Where there weren't stains it was dingy and I could tell the upholstery had not been cleaned in a long time. The walls had scuff marks, food stains near the mini fridge. What was most annoying about this is that I bought a magic eraser and everything on the walls washed off easily. I really am not sure as to why so many hotels do not get that guests care less about the details and more about the cleanliness!! At least that is how I feel. The cleaner the hotel, the more comfortable I feel.
The mattresses were very flimsy and soft, there seemed to be a very low spring count to make them light weight. The pillows and sheets are comfortable though. The bathroom had dirt in the grout, which is very apparent. The bathtub enamel was chipped revealing a few places where the tub was bare where enamel should have been. The caulk along the tub was getting mildewy. There was a hair on the toilet. Ugh.... the kind of hair that makes you shudder. I know other people have used this room, but I want the comfort of knowing their presence, and bodily fluid, and hairs are wiped away before I get there. Me and my magic eraser had fun trying to ease my anxiety as I tried to comfort myself that the sheets must be clean! even though the rest of the room is not. Not an easy feat. The air conditioning unit had dust and food crumbs in it.
I would expect all of that sadly if it wasn't one of the better moderately priced hotels that is part of a reputable chain.
Now, I have to find a new favorite hotel, darn it... Its nice to have a goto place.

The layout of this hotel has always been and will always be odd. I have always ignored that quirkiness of a tv that is off to the side instead of the middle and the funky colors and long but thin layout, and the subpar breakfast. (Its really decent the first time you eat it, but any subsequent days and you start to dread it as you recognize the eggs and sausage are just not that tasty! It is better than other continental breakfasts though and there is always plenty)

However I can't ignore an inability to keep their rooms clean and maintained.

Oh and the towels.... those were the thinnest, scratchiest towels I have ever encountered in a hotel (maybe there is a money problem they are trying to fix currently? The toilet paper was lower quality as well). I'm not sure why such the downturn in quality but something needs to be done to return Springhill Suites, Roseville, to what it formerly was.

Room Tip: King size rooms only have a large shower. If you want a bathtub you have to get a room with two quee...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank K W

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

A well located hotel with a good standard of accommodation, no restaurant but reasonable breakfast. Other restaurants nearby. Very welcoming and accommodating members of staff. Very comfortable beds and rooms spacious.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice people working there, and very nice accommodations.My only complaint was the slow elevator,so get a room on the 1st floor is less aggravating.Very clean and well maintained hotel,also very quiet,even tho there was a wrestling tourney in town with alot of kids(they took over the swimming pool and spa,so that was unfortunatly unavailable to us,not the hotels fault tho).We would stay again here on our next trip in the area.Also super close to the fancy Galleria mall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for a night on our way to Lake Tahoe. We like the location with excellent convenient breakfast at lobby. Like the simple modern decor! check in was swift. Will return here again!

• Stayed: February 2013
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Hello "lovesvacation 97" -

Thank you very much for the nice comments and for taking the time to share them. We welcome your return and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Sincerely, Micael Jeffries, General Manager

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is far and above any hotel we have stayed in!! The staff, from dawn through the wee hours of the night, were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, attentive and .... just delightful! Nothing was "not my job" or out of the way for these fine people. We were encouraged to bring ALL of our family (that we were visiting) to breakfast. (Which was EXCELLENT, by the way!) No amount of family was too many and every day was fine. The rooms were very comfortable, large, clean, heater/air conditioner worked, and the staff ALWAYS made sure we had clean towels, beds made, little extra's left for the bath or coffee. Unfortunately the pool area was closed as they were upgrading it for ADA compliance. BUT....that was okay with us as we have a very close friend who can now benefit from these upgrades!!! GREAT!! The Front Desk people were fantastic & it kind of felt like we were leaving family members when we finally drove off in a Taxi they had arranged to take us back to the airport. 5 STAR RATING?? EXCELLENT RATING?? YOU BET!!!

Room Tip: Aside from the review above, I don't know what to add about a room. OURS was excellent in all w...

Hello "Beverly C":
I just wanted to offer this quick but HUGE “Thank You” for taking the time to post your experience. I am very pleased to hear that you felt like a part of our family. Every day we strive to provide an emotional connection so you and our other guests know how much we appreciate you.

I will certainly beam with pride as I review your comments with my staff at our next Associate meeting. It's such a joy to share these comments with my staff and the best part is watching all of them smile from ear to ear knowing because of their efforts.

We truly want every guest to feel the way you did and I sincerely appreciate you sharing your comments. I hope you will be in the area again sometime soon as our pool and spa are open again. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and posting such gracious comments on Trip Advisor.

Most appreciatively, Micael Jeffries, General Manager

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I gave this hotel a "Very Good" rating simply because the staff is so pleasant and helpful. This hotel is very clean...and smells really good. The first thing I noticed upon entering the lobby, was that it smelled very fresh...odd thing to notice, I know. The lobby was nice and welcoming, as were the staff. The whole property is maintained nicely.

Unfortunately, the rooms are small...too small for my taste actually. The furniture, while nice, was not overly comfortable. The bathroom was very nice even though the vanity area was too small for two people, let alone a family. The breakfast was nice, there were fresh fruits, yogurt, cereal, waffles, and pastries available.

Now for the deal breaker. The beds are terrible. As I have said in almost all of my reviews, beds make or break a hotel for me. The property claims their beds to be "super soft". However, they are just inexpensive hotel quality mattresses that don't hold up to normal wear and tear. Both beds in the room had sinking spots and it was truly impossible to be comfortable. We were supposed to stay two nights but checked out early because my mother has very advanced arthritis and could not tolerate another night. Honestly, I was not too sad to leave early as I didn't have a great night's sleep either.

I do think this is a nice property, with helpful and attentive staff, even if the rooms are small. If this property were to fix the mattress situation, I would say it would be about as good as you could get for the price point.

Room Tip: Small rooms. Even a double room is too small for two people, let alone three or four.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Micael J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Hello Catori76:

Please accept my sincerest "thank you" for writing a review about the SpringHill Suites in Roseville. The "Very Good" rating you gave is very much appreciated.

I especially enjoyed reading... "the staff is so pleasant and helpful, this hotel is very clean...and smells really good"..."The lobby was nice and welcoming, as were the staff. The whole property is maintained nicely."

It was also nice to hear that breakfast was good for you as well. However, I am truly sorry to hear that none of you had a good night's sleep and that the bed and overall space was not comfortable. Your statement regarding the space will be passed on to Marriott and the “sinking spots” in the beds will certainly be investigated and replaced, as this is not how they beds are supposed to be.

Your comments are very important to me. Please rest assured that I will address these good and not-so-good points with my staff and through your efforts, we will be a better hotel.

Most Sincerely,
Micael Jeffries, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
TownePlace Suites Sacramento Roseville
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville
Larkspur Landing Roseville
Larkspur Landing Roseville
#6 of 18 in Roseville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!