“I have to say,,, "Im-Press-Ive", and I don't say that very often!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Sacramento Roseville

TownePlace Suites Sacramento Roseville
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Santa Cruz, California
“I have to say,,, "Im-Press-Ive", and I don't say that very often!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I like it. The service I received when I called in, the service I received when I showed up, and the room I see when I checked in., The rate was good too. I really like it when hotels cater to the business traveler. The room had a nice workspace (see picture) which I really like. For family travelers there's a full kitchen including a full sized refrigerator and freezer, sink, microwave, and even a 2-burner stove (when do you see that????). The bathroom was really nice too. Very nearby is a couple of nice restaurants that offer good discounts for hotel guests. Easy to find and very easy to park. Pleasant and accommodating. I can't give this place high enough Marks.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the opposite side from the highway and was very, very happy with how quiet it...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Danny_OI812
David H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sacramento Roseville, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for being our guest at the TownePlace Suites Roseville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

A family of four (two small boys) is a crunch in almost any space but the studio with a King bed and sofa bed seemed like an okay idea. Until it was noticed that the sofa bed folded out to touch the foot of the king bed blocking any access to the room from one side of the king bed. It was almost comical trying to get around or over the new bed combination to the bathroom. Someone owes me a new toenail from stubbing it so bad on the stupidly poor layout of the room. And no coffee in the pots in the morning....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank gussohn
Thank you for being our guest at the TownePlace Suites Roseville - your comments are appreciated. I apologize that your rooms was not what you wanted it to be and if there is anything we can assit with in the future, please let us know.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I travel often on business and this was a first. Providing a coffee maker and then making you go to the lobby and charging you a $1 a tea bag. The breakfast was so-so at best. The rooms were okay, but just that. The place is clean.

The only reason to stay here is the cost, and the staff are nice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank BmmrBabe
Thank you for being our guest.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

My wife and I just stayed for the weekend. For the price of other hotels, we were able to get a suite. We enjoy having. Kit he tet and the extra space available. Very friendly staff and the location was perfect for our Christmas shopping.

• Stayed December 2011
Chimayo, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Great experience!!! The staff was very friendly & welcoming! Hotel was clean & inviting! Ready for a return trip!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Had our kids and grandchild stay here. Was impressed with cleanliness of room and layout, albeit small. Very new. Management on checkin was extremely accommodating and helpful. Great pool and better complimentary bkfst for this chain. Some minor issues during the week, but overall very pleased.

• Stayed October 2011
Tustin, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We visit Roseville often to see family and on this trip, we were with our 23 year old son. Three adults in one room is just too cramped, so we booked a two bedroom suite at this location for this past weekend.

The +'s

Room size - excellent. Smallish living room, full kitchen, two nice big bedrooms and a decent bathroom. Just what we needed.

TV's - 3 flat screen, great cable selection - perfect!

Good location - for Roseville, Lincoln and Auburn visits.

Value - I'm iffy in this, but at $152 a night for 3 people, it beats getting two rooms.

The -'s

Some of the clientele - ok, I'm an Orange County snob, but people, control your children! Stomping on the floors and running up and down the halls is urchin behavior - and rude.

Cleanliness - my biggest beef - we found the bathroom floor unmopped and the last guest's contact lenses dried onto the bathroom counter - EEWWW.

The entry carpet saying welcome was filthy, carpet throughout was dirty, the kitchen table was chipped and our carpet in the room had burns (cigar maybe) in them. It's supposed to be a non-smoking hotel. Again, EEWWW.

The complimentary soaps, shampoos, etc. - the size was way too small for a suite that accomodates 3 to 5 people...shake loose a few more!

Now, I'll cut them some slack since the city of Lincoln was evacuated a few days before because of a propane fire on the train track....however, when I approached the manager about the room he offered to have to maid come up and a do a 'full clean' which leads me to believe they only do partial cleans? Not sure what that meant.

The breakfast - LOUSY. Super disappointed with this feature. There's a Marriott Springhill in the same parking lot and they offer a wonderful HOT breakfast bar...this was was super stingy - cold cereal, one waffle maker and some nasty stale bagels..for $152 a night, I expected a much more robust offering. We almost snuck into the other motel, but opted to eat at Brookfields' (a very yummy joint right near the motel - check it out on YELP.)

I don't think we'll stay here again...we'll try the Hyatt just down the road a bit by the Galleria - look for my review :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank wehavefun2gether
Thank you for being our guest at the TownePlace Suites Roseville!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orchid Hotel & Suites
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area

Been to TownePlace Suites Sacramento Roseville? Share your experiences!