“Not bad...but not special either”
Review of Roseville Gourmet Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Roseville Gourmet Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The food is ok...really nothing special. You can go to Panda Express and get as good or maybe better. Expecting excellent Chinese food here is like going to Taco Bell and expecting decent Mexican food! Not going to happen. But it might do in a pinch if you just gotta have that 'egg roll' or pan fried rice. I'd wait.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was looking for lunch place, and chose this restaurant after reading the Yelp reviews. It was completely underwhelming. The place was empty when I arrived about 1:30. I guess they were saving electricity, it was very warm in the dining room. I had "Explosion Beef" lunch special. Whoever said their food's not greasy must be joking. I soaked a napkin squeezing the excess oil from the eggroll. The black bean soup wad tasty, but lukewarm and served in a tiny cup. The fried rice was passable, and the beef dish tasty, but very oily and pretty skimpy for $8.00. Not impressed at all.

1  Thank Texasyank59
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is the most favorite family restaurant as our children have grown for the last 23 years. This is the first place we go out to eat when my daughter is on college break is Roseville Gourmet. Although the names doesn't imply Chinese Food, it has the best Chow Mein, Walnut Prawns, Lemon Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken anywhere. The beef Laughing Buns are wonderful...I usually order to go when we have our meal, and have them the next day for lunch, so good. But, I have saved the best for last...the Egg Rolls are THE BEST ANYWHERE! I have been to many chain and family Chinese food restaurants, and have never found better egg rolls.

1  Thank since1985together
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Roseville Gourmet is our Chinesse restaurant of choice for lunch in Roseville. I started eating there in high school, and while I'm in my mid 30s now I still love to go and get the lemon chicken lunch deal.

Yummy yummy yummy, the best lunch plate in town. I love the black bean soup on Saturdays that comes with the meal. It's a great deal for about $8. Way better than Fats or PF Changs which are good but overrated, especially given their prices.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

green beans and the walnut shrimp these are to die for