“Clean, comfortable, convenient, and consistent”

Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I was on business for a few days in nearby Citrus Heights and chose to stay at the Hampton Inn in Roseville. I had been away from my beloved Hilton family of hotels for a while doing a Platinum challenge with Marriott, so having completed that, I was eager to get back to re-earning my Hilton Diamond status. How happy was I when I walked into this hotel? Very. I can honestly tell you that having done a lot of stays at different mid-grade Marriott properties (like Courtyards and Fairfields), the Hampton Inn chain is (almost always) so much better. This one is no exception. The hotel lobby is immaculate, and the staff is friendly and welcoming. I had booked a standard room but was upgraded to a studio suite that had a couch and table plus a large wet bar. The room was in very good shape and had the dark wood furniture. The bathroom (ironically this is what sets Hamptons above the Courtyards and Fairfields, in my opinion) was great because it had nearly new fixtures and the nice new style of counter-height sink/vanity. None of this ancient sink-at-your-knees-made-of-formica nonsense you find at some other hotels. Granted, Hamptons don't have fancy-name shampoo/conditioner and their breakfast, while hot, is basic. And personally, their super-squishy-airy pillows are far too soft for my liking. But the rest can't be beat, especially for the price. I can't say enough positive things about the Hampton brand. This hotel did a great job of reminding me why I have been a loyal Hilton Diamond member for many years now. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for clean, comfortable, convenient and fairly priced lodging in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Finerman, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and recognizing one of the key things that separates the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suites apart-our "Hamptonality"--that warm, friendly welcoming feeling our staff provides. We all work to make that genuine and consistent here. Since you mentioned it, Hampton is in the process of upgrading our bath amenities to provide a higher quality shampoo/conditioner/shower gel for our guest rooms. This was set to happen in early 2012, but has been delayed a bit due to the volume of Hampton properties-it is something that our guests have requested and Hilton has responded! Thank you so much for recommending the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suites as a clean, comfortable, convenient value-we truly appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor and hope to welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville

Reviewed April 18, 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The lobby felt very contemporary, and the rooms were updated and clean. There was a small fitness room with an elliptical and some other equipment. The bed was incredibly comfortable with fresh, clean sheets and duvet cover. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Finerman, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments about the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suites. As a newer Hilton Hotel, we do have the upgraded Hampton Clean and Fresh Bed with signature linens for a very comfortable stay and appreciate that you enjoyed it. Our Fitness Room, with two treadmills, an elliptical and a bicycle-each with their own tv units, will be upgraded in the next few months with new flooring and additional equipment. Our staff works to exceed your expectations and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

... although the window view was nothing to write home about it. Luckily I am not the type of traveler to stay in the hotel room watching the scenery around the hotel.

The hotel is very nice, modern and clean. Room is standard Hampton Inn type, clean, roomy and felt fresh. I stayed there for two night visiting friends in neighboring Antelope. Bed was nice and firm and hotel seem pretty quiet (I was there over a weekend at the beginning of Dec. 2011.

The best part of my stay was the breakfast. Very nice setting, clean, fresh, nicely presented. The hostess impressed me the most, the most polite and nicest person you can meet; her name is Anna Peterson if I recall correctly. I have to mention her because she left a nice positive mark on the breakfast service - all my compliments to her.

Great experience overall, good location and excellent value. I will stay here again whenever I come back to the area!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ftoader

Thank you for your review of the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suties. Roseville is not known for its scenery, but it is close to so much and a great base to explore Northern California as it is right between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe and close to so many attractions like skiing, white-water rafting, wine tasting, hiking and shopping. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our Breakfast. We have added some great items like hard boiled eggs and fresh oatmeal with toppings to our "On the House" Complimentary Breakfast with make-you-own waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, yogurt, fruit, muffins, bagels, cereals, juices, etc. and great staff to assist with breakfast, like you experienced during your stay. Your compliments to Ana will be relayed to her-we love to recognize our staff offering great guest service! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back to the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suites!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were very impressed with all aspects of the property. Great value. We booked the king suite and were very happy with the size and cleanliness. Full breakfast bar available. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Finerman, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suites! We love seeing that you would definitely stay here again and that you were impressed with all aspects of the hotel. Since we have added fresh oatmeal with toppings and hard boiled eggs to our fresh waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, yogurts and cereal options we have had very positive feedback, like yours. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suites!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is a brand new hotel so it's VERY clean and smells nice too! I loved the decor from the carpet to the wall color. They really did a great job with the rooms including: comfortable beds, nice bathrooms with granite countertops, adjustable shower head, extra toiletries (make-up remover, mouth wash) & flat screen tv's. Somtimes it's the little things that make all the difference! Most importantly it was quiet, the staff were excellent and they included a variety of options at the free breakfast. I wasn't expecting such a great stay at a Hampton Inn; it was better than my last stay at a Hyatt.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank parkerpug

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suites! We are so happy to see that you had a great stay and that you noticed so many of the little things we do for our guests. Our staff works hard to see comments like yours and we hope we can welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Very nice decor and nice selection of breakfast items.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank judilie
Finerman, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor! We work hard to earn these good reviews and appreciate hearing from our guests! As a newer Hilton Hotel, we provide many items that add value to your stay such as Complimentary Hot Breakfast (did you try our new Hot Oatmeal with toppings? or the make-your-own waffles? or our new hard-boiled eggs?) and Complimentary Coffee/Tea all day. Today guests may even enjoy our year-round heated outdoor pool and hot tub as the temperatures rise into the 60s in beautiful Placer County! We hope to welcome you back to the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suites should travel bring you back to the Sacramento area!

Reviewed January 17, 2012

This newer Hampton Inn was an excellent value and very up to date. You are within a few miles to several outdoor malls and great retail locations. Infact, Shane Co. is right down the street.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RanchGuy
Finerman, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

As a newer Hilton Hotel, we appreciate that you took the time to compliment your stay. This hotel is within a block of several restaurants and stores and very close to the Westfield Mall, the Fountains, and yes, Shane Co! We work hard to deliver good value with complimentary Hot Breakfast and Complimentary Hot Coffee and Tea. Thanks for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor and we hope to welcome you back to the Roseville Hampton Inn & Suites soon!