“BEWARE of Noise, Beer and Dirty Diapers”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Rosemead
San Jose
“BEWARE of Noise, Beer and Dirty Diapers”
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My boyfriend and i just stayed at the doubletree over the Labor Day weekend. This was the worst Doubletree Experience ever! ( And i've stayed in alot of DTs before). When we walked into the hotel, you can see the gathers of people for a party. The party's room was open, music blaring and little kids running around.
When we were checking into the hotel, you could barely hear the front desk person since the music was so loud.
I confirmed the day before that i will be getting 2 breakfast coupons each day i was there. When checking in, the front desk person said that it was a mistake and they are only willing to give me one coupon each day and not one to my guest.
We get a room on the 3rd floor but can instantly hear and feel the music from down stairs. I try to give a call to the front desk but my bed room phone wasn't working. I had to use another phone and all the front desk said was that the party was till 12am and they didn't offer any apologizes.
After i requested that i be moved, they could only offer me a handicapped room with a double bed instead of my original King bed that i requested. The last thing that made me really not want to go back to this hotel was going to the pool in the morning 10am to find out that it wasn't cleaned. The water was filmy, and beer bottles and dirty diapers were all around the pool from the partying the night before. So, long story short, don't waste your time going to this hotel...

• Disliked — Front desk was not helpful and the pool was disgusting!
  • Stayed September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank michelle1SanJose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
san diego
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Reserved based upon good experiences with other Doubletrees.

Hotel is run down and needs work. There is nothing attractive about it.

The toilet was leaking and the room was almost 80 degrees when I walked in. Visit from enginneering (very unfriendly guy who did not speak any english -- spanish only which prob was fine with most guests since this is a very heavily hispanic area) fixed toilet but the droning, LOUD air conditioning which wasn't doing anything to cool off the room could not be fixed --- so I checked out an hour after arrival.

There is no reason to stay here with so many good hotels available in the LA area.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Union City, CA
Reviewed July 28, 2007

This hotel is not a safe place to stay. Obviously, it is a Doubletree and has the Hilton name behind it. No question the rooms were nice. Housekeeping is not good (we ran out of toilet paper and had to go to the front desk). Hotel management books the hotel for "disco nights". That means a lot of people. When you get to the hotel, there is no parking. True story: We go to the hotel and there were numerous people "hanging around", and about ten cars circling the parking lot. I saw a space and pulled in. Immediately, someone pulls up and begins threatening me, my wife and daughter for taking "his" space. Hotel "security" was non-existant, hotel management was there but had the spine of spaghetti. Complete lack of interest in hotel guests, but an almost fervent support of people drinking and dancing in the disco. It is my last stay at a Doubletree, no question.

Stayed July 2007
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 4, 2007

We stayed at this hotel Saturday night in December. We had a walk in rate of $100/night without reservation. We got upgraded to a Jaccuzzi suite because of being Hilton Honnor Gold Memeber. We were very happy with our stay and didn't want to check out. Our suite was big with a large living room, dinnng area, and kitchen area. The bedroom was big with a king bed. And the bathroom was huge with double sink, jacuzzi tub and separate shower stall. The bed was very comfortable. The towels are soft and thick. The location is easy access to Rt. 60 and San Gabriel Blvd. A short drive to San Gabriel where there are many great Chinese restaurants. Front desk staffs were very helpful. The hotel is in a nice quiet area, next to shopping mall. We felt safe to stay there.

• Liked — great room
  • Stayed December 2006
Northfield, MN
Reviewed May 12, 2006

Overall, a nice stay.

Very efficient check-in, with a charming and knowledgeable desk staff.

The bartender in the evenings was very genial and accomodating. Fun guy. Oh, the fun we had!

Soda machines in need of some maintenance, however. Could not find one that would sell me bottled water with a dollar bill -- after jaunting to four floors of hotel at 6:30 in the morning! One of the machines wasn't even locked, it was just ajar, like a dead refrigerator. So sad.

Great beds. Tons of pillows and very comfy! Oh, I would like to be in one of those beds right now.

The bathroom was pretty simple, not too many amenities, but it was satisfactory, comfortable, and functional. Hotel bathrooms frequently are not -- be honest with yourself. However, we did find a pair of cockroaches in there one night, which was very surprising to us. After squealing like schoolgirls for a few minutes, we successfully trapped them underneath some glassware so we could relax a little bit. Good times.

The mall could hardly be closer, and one of us even wandered over to the food court there and enjoyed some sushi.

Late-night fast-food dining might be a challenge unless you have a car -- the local "Jack in the Box" is drive-thru only overnight, and that McDonald's isn't open at all then. But you can walk -- a few blocks -- to a Carrow's across 60 on San Gabriel, and even have some wine with your chicken-fried steak. Until 2. At 2, they take the wine glasses away.

Anyway, I feel like I've left something out, but really, I had a very nice time. Good value, delicious cookie.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank sprintf32768
Fremont, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,631 helpful votes
Reviewed January 23, 2006

The Doubletree was surpising nice. The rooms are quite large with a nice king size bed; nice size couch; large desk area; television; nice area for snacks (coffee maker; microwave; refrigerator). The place has room service from 6am - 11 at night. The location is right across the street from Montebello Shopping Center with shopping and some restaurants. There is a sauna/swimming pool/exercise area in the hotel. There is also a bar (but somewhat quiet the night we visited). The thing I don't like is that the rooms do not come with personal room air conditioning/heating so you're somewhat at the mercy of the hotel. You can't control the temperature in the room which is a real shame or this hotel would be higher on my list to return to. The location (Close to Freeway 60) is nice and so if visiting Rosemead/San Gabriel Valley is nice. San Gabriel Blvd has lots of good (and often inexpensive) Asian restaurants - several that stay open late at night. Close to the hotel is a 24 hour McDonalds, etc. so for a one night stop in the area for business, it works in well.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank mini
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 16, 2004

This place is an absolute find for me! I go to LA quite a bit and I drive every time!!! My usual hotel was booked last time, so I stayed here. Only a ten minute drive to downtown convention center. PERFECT!!! Stayed an extra night just for the heck of it. Don't waste your money on downtown LA hotels! Stay here instead. Bartender here is sweet and amusing to tired business travelers. Fresh baked cookies everyday... can't beat that!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
Quality Inn
#3 of 11 in Rosemead
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead? Share your experiences!