DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Hartford Hotel(Rosemead)
$169
$58
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdouble treemall across the streetnew wingolive gardenwarm cookiessan gabriella areabreakfast buffetstaying at this hotelnice staylos angelesfitness centervery nice hotelthe room was nicebusiness centerconvenient locationbusiness trip
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Before arriving at this hotel, I'd read through the many intimidating reviews that other travelers had posted. I was beginning to think my travel coordinator had made a huge mistake in booking me here. After staying here, I'm beginning to think some of the other reviewers on here are a bit overdramatic.

The hotel was lovely, comfortable, and clean. The staff was helpful and courteous. The food was quite edible. I never encountered the parties and noise that the other patrons referred to, and parking was a breeze.

I only have 2 complaints about this hotel. First, being that it isn't near ANYTHING. I decided to take a cab downtown for my business meeting (as opposed to drive and try to park). It took the cab approx. 30 minutes to pick me up and 30 minutes to get downtown in morning rush hour traffic. I realize my travel coordinator should have booked me closer to downtown, but I digress. From what I could tell though, there is absolutely NOTHING for tourists, or even business travelers to do in that area.

My second complaint was that the door locks/door keys there have something wrong with them. I'm from the east coast and arrived at the hotel at 11 p.m. Pacific Time. I was beyond exhausted and just wanted to get to my room. The girl at the front desk handed me a key card, which after about 15 attempts, would not open my door. I hauled all of my bags back down to the lobby, and she checked the key and said it should be working. She said if it did not work, to use the phone in the hallway and she would contact security to let me in. Hauling all of my bags back up, I found that again, my key card would not work. I had her call security and waited 10 minutes. No security arrived. Again, I trudged down to the lobby, at this point a bit furious that it was 11:30 and I still could not get in my room. She gave me a new room with a new card, and I was finally able to gain access. When returning from a long day at work the next day, I again found my card was not working. As a disclaimer, I made sure to never place my key card near my credit cards or cell phone (which they always claim can desensitize key cards). I was given another new key card and was able to gain entry back into my room.

If you must be in this area (for whatever reason), I highly recommend staying here. Just make sure your key works.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2009

The service was good, prompt. Slower than expected check out as we had to catch a flight and had a bit of a rush. The room was fine, but had a weird smell like it used to be a smoking roo, or someone smoked in it before we got there. The location was great for us and what we wanted to do.......Universal tour, WB tour, Santa Monica, Hollywood etc.; I don't mind driving anyway so that is no big deal. The bed was NOT what I had expected at all! I thought we were going to get some super soft mattress, but I was wrong. It was a lot firmer that than a firm mattress. The thersostat didn't seem to work and the room was always warm. The phone didn't work so we could not get a wake up call or have room service if we wanted to, which was extremely high, higher than I remember room service to be. Two of the 4 nights we were there, there were parties going on downstairs and with that, there was no available parking! None! The security guard told me to park in the "red zone" which was a fire lane. Noisy downstairs. Adults arguing outside the lobby acting like kids from the party.....! The best part was...........a hot shower and cookie?! And a view of the snow-capped mountains in the distance.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed November 20, 2008

I used to work in reservations for Hilton & booked all Hiton Brand Hotels including Doubletree. If this hotel represents Doubletree, I can't believe I recommended them to travelers. Not the quality you'd expect. Neighborhood is questionable & I booked at Doubletree to avoid problems you'd expect from the less expensive hotels in the area. Lobby was nice. Room felt damp & smelled musty. Bathroom fixtures were falling apart and there were obvious repairs to the drywall (not done professionally). Just seemed kind of dirty. Staff wasn't friendly & didn't address my concerns to my satisfaction- they didn't seem to care. Even the signature cookie at check in was bad.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrvlGirlCali
Reviewed September 8, 2008

This Doubletree was very clean. Staff was very helpful. Located right across street from Montebello Mall. Close to 60 freeway. Just here for overnight trip but would definately stay again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2008

My husband was attending a conference around the area so we stayed here 1 night in August, 2008.
Since we only stayed for one night, we didn’t get to utilize many of amenities such as pool, gym, and etc.
I can write about the room we stayed in and the area near by.

Lobby area was clean and well maintained. Staffs were friendly. You get a cookie when you check-in.

Room was okay…little dated feel to it though. You can tell it was painted many times over. Bathroom seemed like it was remodeled not too long ago. They had granite tile in the bathroom and new style toilet. Carpet and furniture seemed decent.

We stayed on the third floor but we could hear the music from downstairs (I think there was a wedding reception) pretty loud until well into the evening hours…so if you can, try to get higher floor. Luckily, it didn’t last too long so we were still able to get a good night sleep.

There’s a mall (http://www.montebellotowncenter.com/) literally right across street from the hotel. It’s definitely not the best mall I’ve been to but just to have a mall right by was a big plus. I was able to kill time easily while my husband was in conference.

Also, there’s a huge Chinese/Vietnamese community near by (Alhambra, CA) so just a quick drive will take you to a good, cheap Chinese and/or Vietnamese restaurants. We even got an hour foot massage for $10.00. You can’t beat that!

We used our Hilton Hhonors points to stay at this hotel so I’m not sure how much this hotel is going for but I wouldn’t pay more than $80-100 to stay here. This is just mediocre not too good, not too bad kind of hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)