“Hotel in construction”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I stayed here for 3 weekdays. There is construction going on with plan for a very extensive expansion. I went into another frequent traveler to come here every other week. He told me this has been going on for at least 1.5 yr. I left early and come back after construction time so I really didn't have any problem with the noise or traffic from this. The restaurant has a buffet breakfast for $13 per person. It's alright. Parking is a bit far. They do have a golf cart to take people to the parking and back if you want to take it. The gym is small. It has 3 cardio machine and some weight. There is alot of great Asian restaurants w/in 10 min from this place. It's across the street from Montebello mall. There is no Starbucks inside the hotel, but a McDonald is just around the corner. The room is good size.

Room Tip: It's my first time here so I am not much help in tips on this.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

CCDavis1997:

Thank you for your remarks on TripAdvisor. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. And yes, we still are under construction. However, when it is completed in the fall we will have almost a brand new hotel with an additional 53 rooms. You might be interested to know that we are talking to a representative from Starbucks about the possibility of a Starbucks kiosk inside our hotel. I am hoping that this will work out. Thank you for your patronage we appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the Rosemead area.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

How else can I say, RUN.. in 2000 characters. Doubletree's are usually pretty good.. about mid-level in my standard and I usually recommend them to many colleagues and family because the quality to price ratio is pretty good, but this particular one.. out of the 3 nights stay with 3 rooms booked for my family, only one room had no major issues (phone didn't work).. everything else was broken, defective, etc.. Its been, a challenge from the time we checked in.. My sister in law’s room had problems with the air conditioner (extremely loud) which necessitated a move to another room so they could sleep. I found out yesterday that the new room’s AC was quite loud, the bathroom shower leaks a lot (and quite loud) and had quite a lot of insects but they didn’t want to make a fuss, which we were not pleased with at all. Insects were found in one of the rooms. (believe, me, I’ll be stopping off at a dry cleaner to thoroughly launder their luggage and other belongings before they bring them to our home). We, had several issues with our original room after check in (the most disturbing was the shower going full blast with scalding hot water with my wife in the middle of her shower (shampoo in hair), which she nearly got burned and almost fell.. (fortunately I was in the bathroom taking care of other issues to catch her when I heard her scream. We found that when this happened, the water would not shut off.. and there was no longer any cold water in the shower (not exactly good for me since I needed to take my shower). We alerted the front desk about this, who sent the night security person.. she was justifiably frustrated because she didn’t know what to do or how to resolve the issue, so we switched rooms.. (sadly as the coup de grâce to our issues in that room the above ceiling AC unit decided to spring a leak and dump water on my wife and the carpet as we were changing rooms). Switching to another room, was better (no burning water thank goodness). but we had had AC issues (would not work, so the room temp was 80F over night making sleep very difficult (fortunately that was resolved after several attempts) and a leaking shower. So until that location is fixed and gets it act together, I would advise another doubletree, or even another chain if needed.

1  Thank Doc M
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Doc Miller:

Again I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel. As you know, I responded to you and the issues you raised on our DoubleTree by Hilton website. I am hoping that our rebating of $256.96 to your account was in some way a mitigation of some of the less than positive events you experienced.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Good location , near a freeway to travel to other locations. Near a shopping mall for those extra items in need for our short stay. Accommndations where very good and the staff was very friendly and helpful in many ways.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Adolphus HG:
Thank you for taking the time to complete a response on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay and that our Team provided you with excellent service. Most importantly, thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Our family stayed in this Doubletree last weekend. Compared to other Hilton properties, this one showed its age, the pool and gym are relative small, they are under construction to double its size. However, all these shortcomings were more than made up by its fantastic employees. We were promptly upgraded to suites due to HHonors status, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the beds were comfortable. It is also close to some decent Chinese restaurants if you are driving. Overall, we enjoyed our staying here.

1  Thank Ning L

Ning L.
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that your rated our employees as "fantastic" in serving your needs. Most importantly, thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

You won't be disappointed staying at this location as it's conveniently located to shopping (large mall across the street) and close to major freeways. The restaurant offers a variety of tasty dishes and scrumptious desserts. The staff makes you feel at home and greets you with a warm cookie at check-in. Their courtesy shuttle will take you within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and pick you up when you're ready. Quiet, very clean, and extremely comfortable!!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

GeoffreyO:
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you received such excellent service from our Team. Most importantly, thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the Rosemead area.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

The A/C unit was rather loud. The room next door had a screaming kid, so the first night was awful. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean and maid service good. The construction going on made parking very hard. We pretty much won't be coming back as we feel the breakfast offered at a Best Western is a better value.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Audrey R.
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the TripAdvisor site after your recent stay with us. I apologize for the noisy air conditioning and the noisy child in the room next to yours. Most importantly, thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

A little outside of LA but not inconvenient and a good value. Across the road from a mall. Almost stayed on a second trip but a Burbank hotel was more central for studio tours. Friendly service and very nice room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thecapitaltraveler

Val R.
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location to be a good one. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again.
Steve Winning

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead? Share your experiences!