DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel is Ok, I stayed in a hall where the rooms were being updated so that was strange. The carpet was old and there seem to be alot of humidity in the room. Will probably look elsewhere next time.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tim W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear David,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience that was caused to you while we update our rooms. We are working hard to keep disruptions to a minimum while installing new beds, furniture, all new carpet and building another wing of the hotel.

I look forward to your return so that you can experience our brand new hotel product soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is in the midst of an upgrade, to what looks like new Convention Center services. The ongoing construction makes for limited (or distant) parking, construction noise (including equipment back-up horns, etc) starting before 7am. Suggest you postpone your visit until at least after the first of the year (expect most work by then will be inside the Convention facility)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tim W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. I am certainly disappointed that your stay felt short of your expectations. Our current construction project is an expansion to the existing hotel to include a new lobby, additional guest rooms, and a new restaurant.

The construction should not begin prior to 9am each morning and I have shared your comments with them to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

What a wonderful stay at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of soft pillows. Excellent room and the food was very good. Beautiful room and hotel. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. Close to Freeway and shopping center and restaurants. Will definitely be staying here again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tim W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for all of your great comments. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

They decided to build onto the hotel instead of make the current part nicer. It was obviously last redone in the 80's based on the design, dirt and mold.

The check in was normal and fast enough.

The parking is about 2 blocks away in a dimly lit parking lot that feels unsafe (and I didn't see a security guard). I wouldn't advise any woman to have to walk across the parking at night.

The room was big, that was the only good part. The shower smells like mold or sewage (not bad, but enough to notice). There is mold on the shower and I'd be totally afraid to use the tub.

There is about 45 different light switches in the room, which is just odd.

The room service was bad as well. I had a burger and fries, the fries were ok. The burger was super thin, charred / burnt, and had no flavor.

I would not stay here again, and not recommend to anyone else.

Room Tip: The best room here.....is at a different hotel. Don't stay here.
1  Thank mqross
Tim W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

I want to sincerely apologize for your experiences during your stay. This is obviously not what we strive to provide to any guest at any time. The hotel is undergoing a complete renovation of guest rooms and public areas. We have recently installed all new beds and headboards, and carpeting, wallpaper and furniture will be completed during the month of November.

I would like to speak with you directly regarding your stay. If you could please contact my office at your convenience I would be grateful.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

the hotel is in a very good location, and the prices are more than fair. The employees are very nice and most helpful. The major problem is the restaurant is limited in the morning, and closes early for lunch. The waitress was very helpful, and tried to please us. the rooms were very nice, clean, and well maintained. Housekeeping were always nice and willing to help with any problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Tim W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. I am excited to hear about all of the positive interactions you had with the staff. I am also pleased to let you know we are expanding our Food and Beverage Operations soon to include an all new restaurant, new Lobby Bar, and expanded Rooms Service.

We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The most unforgettable thing about this hotel is their cookies...Warm, soft and juicy chocolate inside! Well, as for other aspects, average might be the most appropriate word to say. First, not as most other hotels, this hotel doesn't provide daily complimentary bottle water in the room. Instead, we can go to the lobby to drink the lemon water from a big jar. Second, the breakfast is not complimentary either. If we don't eat at the hotel in the morning, the nearest place is just a McDonald's and a Jack's Box.Third, the shower in the bathroom keeps leaking all the time...Positive thing is its location. Right opposite to the shopping mall and very close to the entrance of freeway 10 and 60, reasonable driving distance to Rosemead and Arcadia where we can find many good restaurant. And it is nice to jump into the spa in a cool autumn night!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed feedback on your most recent stay. Although it is not pleasant, I appreciate you letting us know how we can do better. We are expanding our Food and Beverage Operations and we will soon add complimentary coffee in the Lobby each morning.
I would love to help make your next reservation with us to ensure a flawless visit to our hotel. Please contact me directly so that I may assist you.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a better stay at cheaper hotels. Bed and pillows were uncomfortable, Considerable walk from parking to hotel. Light shined in from the outside landscaping lights making it difficult to sleep. In room movies were super high priced, at least double from other hotels I have stayed at. The diner food wasn't the best I have ever had but it was still pretty decent for a hotel.

Dear Jeremy
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay with us. It is disappointing to hear that we fell short of your expectations and for that I am truly sorry. We have recently upgraded the exterior lighting, but from your comments it appears that something was installed incorrectly. I have share this with our Maintenance Department so they can resolve this issue immediately. Since your visit, we have installed new beds and headboards, and will soon install new carpet and furniture throughout the hotel.

I look forward to having you join us again soon to show you the updates and changes!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena
#4 of 31 in Pasadena

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead? Share your experiences!