“Average 2.5 Star hotel; so-so area”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Reviewed May 18, 2008

This place is a bit tricky to find!!! Upon getting there, there was a lot of commotion going on in the parking lot and in the lobby area with some type of function. Not necessarily the most desirable crowd. The area around the hotel also was not completely desirable, and there is nothing within walking distance that you would either want to walk to (at nite), or would desire to, even if there was something appealing.

The staff is very nice here and want to do what they can to accommodate you. The rooms are average, have been somewhat renovated, and continuing to do this would be very helpful. The air conditioning unit is really loud.

The brightest spot was the restaurant. Since there was not a lot of choices in the immediate area, I decided to eat at the restaurant. My food was cooked perfectly to order, with very attentive friendly service. I guess I would have to say that the customer service at this location is what would bring me back.

This is a good place to stay if you have business in the buildings right next store or if you are having a meeting on a shoestring budget!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead

Reviewed May 5, 2008

I booked our Regional Sales Meeting at the Doubletree Hotel in Rosemed last month. After reading the reviews I was leary about the property, and the rate seemed to good to be true.

I found the hotel to exceed my expectations. The rooms were clean and recently remodeled. The staff was friendly, and the meeting rooms were stately.

My complaints would be that the hotel restaurant was very poor. There is not many restaurants near by either. Bj's is in the mall next to the hotel, which is a Brewery and Pizza chain and Charley Brown's is down the street which is a laid back Bar and Grill with decent steaks. If you wish to have a nice dinner out, or a romantic experience, you better drive to LA or West LA. There is little within 20 miles of the hotel.

Overall, I would suggest this hotel is great for a business hotel if you must work in the area or if you would like to have a family trip to Disneyland - don't mind staying further away - and want to save some money over the more expensive hotels. If I was travelling for pleasure, I would probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank nware1
Reviewed November 28, 2007

We just got back from a four day stay at the Double Tree Hotel in Rosemead, CA. After booking a nonrefundable deposit, I checked for reviews. Then, I got worried. However, it was better than expected. From the reviews we either got very lucky or they have greatly improved their hotel. My wife liked being right across from a Macy's Department store, especially on the day after Thanksgiving. I wish somebody would have warned me about that one. The extremely close HWY 60 provided easy access for me to get anywhere in LA. The all-you-can-eat breakfast at their hotel was ok and reasonably priced @ $8. The TV in our room had two out of the fifthteen channels that didn't work, they were fuzzy, but we weren't there to watch TV. We had a very clean room. Two very nice beds with nice down comforters. The A/C & heater worked perfectly. For $72 a night, this was a great deal for us. We stopped by the Holiday Inn Express right down the hill. They wanted $107 per night for a place half a nice as the DoubleTree. Doubletree did give us cookies and a free USA Today newspaper. We'll be going back.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2007

Check in was good and yes they offered us cookies (seems they are more concern about the cookie then the shape of the rooms)
Cleaning lady just finish cleaning before checking in-you open the door and the cleaning smells hit you. Overall the room just did not seem clean-Our sheet had blood stains and for some reason after seeing that you felt like the bed was dirty all over. The bathroom tub fauchet leaked all nite and the toilet wouldnt flush all that well. No make up mirror (the had one last time we were there) Our coffee pot already had water in it-so we didnt want it, who knows what was in it. So, no coffee, bad mood all around. Dont reley on on the iron-very cheap. The Holiday Inn Express next door is cheaper and for what you pay you get the same kind of room with breakfast. I go into L.A. four times a year on business last time I will stay here. Up the street by the golf coarse is a better place couple exits up.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank joforgues
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My boyfriend and i just stayed at the doubletree over the Labor Day weekend. This was the worst Doubletree Experience ever! ( And i've stayed in alot of DTs before). When we walked into the hotel, you can see the gathers of people for a party. The party's room was open, music blaring and little kids running around.
When we were checking into the hotel, you could barely hear the front desk person since the music was so loud.
I confirmed the day before that i will be getting 2 breakfast coupons each day i was there. When checking in, the front desk person said that it was a mistake and they are only willing to give me one coupon each day and not one to my guest.
We get a room on the 3rd floor but can instantly hear and feel the music from down stairs. I try to give a call to the front desk but my bed room phone wasn't working. I had to use another phone and all the front desk said was that the party was till 12am and they didn't offer any apologizes.
After i requested that i be moved, they could only offer me a handicapped room with a double bed instead of my original King bed that i requested. The last thing that made me really not want to go back to this hotel was going to the pool in the morning 10am to find out that it wasn't cleaned. The water was filmy, and beer bottles and dirty diapers were all around the pool from the partying the night before. So, long story short, don't waste your time going to this hotel...

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank michelle1SanJose
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Reserved based upon good experiences with other Doubletrees.

Hotel is run down and needs work. There is nothing attractive about it.

The toilet was leaking and the room was almost 80 degrees when I walked in. Visit from enginneering (very unfriendly guy who did not speak any english -- spanish only which prob was fine with most guests since this is a very heavily hispanic area) fixed toilet but the droning, LOUD air conditioning which wasn't doing anything to cool off the room could not be fixed --- so I checked out an hour after arrival.

There is no reason to stay here with so many good hotels available in the LA area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank sdtraveler73
Reviewed July 28, 2007

This hotel is not a safe place to stay. Obviously, it is a Doubletree and has the Hilton name behind it. No question the rooms were nice. Housekeeping is not good (we ran out of toilet paper and had to go to the front desk). Hotel management books the hotel for "disco nights". That means a lot of people. When you get to the hotel, there is no parking. True story: We go to the hotel and there were numerous people "hanging around", and about ten cars circling the parking lot. I saw a space and pulled in. Immediately, someone pulls up and begins threatening me, my wife and daughter for taking "his" space. Hotel "security" was non-existant, hotel management was there but had the spine of spaghetti. Complete lack of interest in hotel guests, but an almost fervent support of people drinking and dancing in the disco. It is my last stay at a Doubletree, no question.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank TimConde
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead? Share your experiences!