DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Rosemead
Marina del Rey, California
“Creepy”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at this property a few months ago and then again this past week for a single night after needing to stay an additional night due to work and not able to secure a room closer to my project site.

This place creeps me out. It feels extremely dated. The rooms have a damp old smell. I was in a suite on the 4th floor. I opened the window for the night and the entire window and frame fell out! During the previous stay, the lights came on and off by themselves likely due to electrical issues and the room felt anything but cozy, a cold feeling ... like someone or something didn't want you there.

If you are Asian please don't let the 888 address fool you ... no good luck here :-)

I had breakfast downstairs and it was average.

I can't recommend this property until it's completely gutted and renovated or bulldozed. It's well past it's prime and one is better off at a Motel 6 for half the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a very affordable (doubletree) hotel, compared especially to hotels nearer to downtown LA. If you have a car, this is a good location for the price. The staff at front desk were very friendly and helpful, but the hotel itself is run down and looks very old. The room I stayed in was large but felt very dated. The parking lot was always almost full as well, so that was a little alarming sometimes. The free wifi was great though.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rosemead
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Conveniently located to the Shops at Montebello.....
Starbucks...mmm
Fitness center & pool...
Nearby eateries...
Purrrfect!
recommend to all travellers to Los Angeles....affordable
Would even let my grandma stay there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Spencer Sharon T
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel property is very slow. One of the slowest hotels I have seen yet so it was so quite. it was quiet to where it felt like we were the only one on the 4th floor.

So the hotel lobby is good sized and shaped for a typical double tree. Front desk was very nice and always had a smile. So after being welcomed with great service and free welcome cookies, we went to the room. You can tell the hotel was aging from its carpet but it was just refurbished.....

The room was very very spacious, very spacious bathroom with up to date TV/Technology.

Location is just across one of the most ghetto malls in LA apparently but it didn't feel like it.

We felt really safe as they had security in the hotel and security patrolling the cars out side the hotel in a golf cart.

So if youre looking for some place that is excellent for the value yet quiet yet convenient yet unsafe, this is the best bet. !

Room Tip: high floor rooms help a lot! higher ceiling and bigger room for 10$ more
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and myself stayed at this hotel for two nights in December 2012. We parked our car in the hotel parking lot and was appalled to find on the second day that our car was badly scratched. The repairs cost $871.40. The hotel management insisted that the hotel does not take responsibility for incidents that may happen to guest's vehicles in its parking lot. As a good faith gesture, the hotel management sent us a $100 gift card. I believe the hotel can and should do better than this.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree Rosemead for business. The check in process was so easy, the staff very helpful and friendly. I always love my Doubletree cookie--warm and wonderful! My room was upgraded and I had a wonderful 'suite' with a jacuzzi and separate shower. I wish I stayed for longer than one night. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was wonderful. The service was great, the waiter very pleasant, the food was excellent. the hotel is directly across the street from the mall. I would definitely stay there again (if I was in the area).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hilton puts their name on THIS properrty?!?! This hotel is run down, dirty, outdated and obviously missing some management direction! In my opinion this is the worst Hilton property I have frequented!
I was scheduled to stay 4 nights and checked out after 2 nights! The ONLY reason I stayed the second night is I was promised by the front desk issues would be resolved and they weren't!
I asked for the GM two days in a row before 5:00 PM and was told BOTH times, he had left for the day and there was NO MANAGER on duty!! (Maybe that's where the problems begin!)
The room was dirty with papers and bottlecaps under the bed, the bathroom was gross (without getting into too much of a description), the restaurant had a stench (so I chose not to eat there) and the staff just generally appeared to have no direction but made lots of promises and excuses!
The hotel is run down and I was told renovation is scheduled within the next year! I understand this is not the Manager's fault. Point being, it appears no time soon will there be changes.
One front desk person made a comment that she can't help it if the GM doesn't read his messages/ complaints! (Obviously a communication issue!)
I see the GM responds to most of these complaints (on TripAdvisor) and continues to state that the aforementioned issues (from previously unhappy guests) are not the norm! But the complaints seem to be ongoing and very similar!
From the front desk (whom by the way NEVER say hello when you walk by as they are always busy talking to each other) to the housekeeping staff there just seems to be some missing training/ direction. I heard another guest comment that he has heard the GM state we will discuss this with the staff! However, the issue was recurring and still never fixed!
I will NOT stay here again! It's just too dirty and not a "friendly" environment! And there just seems to be an apathetic attitude!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DoubletreeRosemead, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay which I apologize was shortened due to a disappointing level of cleanliness and service. We have adjusted our schedules so that we have a Manager on Duty all the time. We have also had a front desk meeting to inform that staff about guest service issues so they don’t keep happening. I would like to apologize for not contacting you during your stay but I was never told that you wanted to talk with me. I have also told everyone staff member that my cell phone is on my business card and I can be reach 24 for 7. Your points are very enlightening and helpful. We have also had a meeting with my Housekeeping department and we are having room check twice before the are put back in inventory. These are areas that we are actively examining and working toward fixing with housekeeping and other teams on our property. You feedback is greatly appreciated and shows us where our focus should be for improvement. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead? Share your experiences!