New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motel 6 Los Angeles - Rosemead

Motel 6 Los Angeles - Rosemead
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Semarang, Indonesia
“Nothing to complaint at Motel 6 Rosemead”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

This time, I would like to share my experience in staying at Motel 6 Rosemead in December 2013. It all started when we both decided to stay in Rosemead this time as it was quite centrally located with many of our activities during our stay in LA area. As other reviewers had mentioned that finding a decent and reasonable priced accommodation in LA could be challenging (which was definitely true) so this time, I personally chose to stay at Motel 6 because of its reputation and past experience in staying with many properties they owned and/or managed.

We arrived in the hotel property early in the morning of Christmas after driving several hours from Las Vegas. Our GPS at first did not indicate the correct address so I had to drive around up and down the road for approx. 15 minutes before I found the hotel. Apparently, I was driving and passing the hotel without realizing it and I kept on driving away from the hotel.

The check-in process was prompt and efficient and within ten (10) minutes, we both were in our room already. Based on my past experience in staying at most Motel 6 properties around USA, don't have high expectation in terms of service and room condition. What they provide is basic accommodation in so so service and condition. If you can live with that then I believe you can survive and enjoy your stay.

We stayed in the hotel property for three nights and we had no problem in staying there. For us, for the price we had paid, it was well worth it. What we needed was basically a fairly "clean" and safe accommodation to stay as we only returned back to our room after 11:00 pm. We always left our room around 8:00 am every morning to do our sightseeing so we didn't want to pay so much for accommodation we did not really use.

The motel was nicely located off the SR-60 freeway and in the same lot, you could find a good restaurant. Certainly, comparing with other Motel 6 properties, this particular property was in good condition and well maintained.

Overall, I don't hesitate to recommend this motel to everyone who is looking for a decent place (and reasonably priced) to stay during their stay in Los Angeles greater area. It was like within half an hour driving from LA's downtown during normal traffic.

Room Tip: Try to have a room in the 1st floor (street level) so that you can park your car in front of the roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bambang S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The area around the property is beautiful. My first impression was that it was fairly clean and I didn't have any issues up until the third night when my boyfriend had noticed a roach on the floor! Then shortly after we both noticed some spider webs on the ceiling. The staff was friendly, of course there were shady people around (but it's a motel). Not sure if the motel was dirtier than I thought, or if we were unlucky enough to get the one roach. Either way, I don't recommend it unless you're okay with creepy-crawlies. Not staying again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ChessyLynn
Skanee, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Clean, Quiet for sleeping, Staff all friendly and helpful. How big a room do you need? Stay here.
I got the senior discount and I'm only 60. Has nice pool.The cleaning staff did an excellent job keeping my room fresh but then again I kept it nice for them to clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Room was the size of a big closet. The bed was about two feet above the ground. Checked the corner of the bed under the sheets, found dark red stains. Checked out! Paid $15 more for a clean room further away. Wont stay at M6 again. Too bad, they were better a few years ago.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank bhweber
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Clean rooms only thing i did not like was that there were black bedbugs woke up all itched up midnight beause of the bugs that sucked blood leaving bumps on my skin. Bedbugs were one small a.d a few big ones to me it is really disgusting because when i killed one of them it was filled up with nlood that it had sucked.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank riosd_2012
Saint Charles, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Traveling to LA and finding a cheap room in a good area is not easy. This is about 15 min away from Hollywood and I had a pet so clearly my options were limited. I like the rooms and would have stayed longer had they had a fridge/micro and working internet. Price was about 62 w/ $3 charge for internet. Do not purchase the internet unless you absolutely have to it hardly works you will be on the phone w/tech support multiple times. ALL Motel 6's have this problem (ironic they are the only ones I know of that make you pay for it additionally). The motel is in a decently safe location close to El Monte. It was a quiet stay which I enjoyed. The only other problem I had was one of the maids staring in my window. Very creepy and wierd. It happened 2 days in a row. The second time I went out to ask her what I 'could help her with' but she was already gone. Do not leave valuables in the room. They should seriously re-consider who they hire in that regard.

Room Tip: Keep ur curtains closed and avoid the peeping tom maid service.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here 1 night with 2 rooms and we all got a very good night sleep, we were well rested in the morning. no noise to wake us up, this Motel 6 is very quiet, we were in the bottom room and we didn't hear any noise, the room was clean and basic not fancy but we got what we wanted a good night rest and was only $65 a night, the lady in the lobby even gave us extra towels and extra pillows, she was very nice. The next night we stayed at Holiday Inn Express and didn't get enough sleep my back was in pain because their beds were very hard and there was so much stomping on the top floor that we didn't even rest. I recommend this Motel if what you are looking for is a well rested night, you don't really need the fancy extras, not worth it.

Room Tip: Stay if all you want is a good night rest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank yolanda h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles - Rosemead? Share your experiences!