“Great hotel, staff and location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles Rosemead
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am still enjoying my stay at this fine hotel. The staff have all been very friendly, accommodating, and gracious. The bed is as comfortable as any I have had in a hotel. The room is excellent for doing business and even has its own veranda. The Jacuzzi and pool are clean and well located. There is a huge shopping mall a short walk up the hill and getting on to main thoroughfares is easy.

A hot breakfast buffet is a very nice touch and small touches like cookies and readily available coffee are nice. Nothing really fancy, but exceptionally clean and well-managed.

I will be staying here for about two more weeks, but I know I will enjoy the stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank crooner7
HotelCareStaff, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles Rosemead, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear crooner7,

Thank you very much for your outstanding comments! I loved the way you mentioned our friendly staff, comfortable beds, clean jacuzzi and pool. Isn't it great to be doing business in the comfort of your own room, while enjoying the veranda and wonderful weather Los Angeles has to offer? I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express, Rosemead (Montebello Area).

Best Regards,

Amy W.
Hotel Management

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This holiday inn express was very nice. Clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly at check in. Hotel was conveniently located directly off the 60 freeway and made my travel very easy. The beds and pillows were nice, but the best part was the shower head and shower pressure. It had to be the best shower I ever had. Certainly as a platinum member they upgraded my room to a suite which was great, but that shower was amazing.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the back. The front faces the 60 freeway and you can hear some noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here on our visit to celebrate my grandpa's 102nd birthday. It was in a convenient location and close to the mall which was great. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was good also.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Danielle L
Reviewed February 14, 2013

First, I'd like to start by saying that this hotel is unque in that it is one of the 1st Holiday Inn Express Hotels in So. Cal. (Approx. 18 years old)
The man at the desk said it was the first to start construction, but then another HIE in the Long Beach area was completed before it. -- (Just some trivia.)
It is dated inside....a bit "tired" in some areas, but very clean and very pleasant.
With that said, I would definitely stay again!
Each room had nice balconies ... ask for a pool side vs a highway side room.
The hotel location is good for travel, but it is wedged on the corner of 2 busy roads.
Esther at the desk went above and beyond to meet my needs. She was extremely pleasant!
I had a pool/center hotel room and there were bright lights on all night long outside the balconies. Unfortunately, the room curtains did not block 100% of the light. (I like to sleep when it is super dark.)
Because of the age, there were few outlets .... but plenty of towels and great hot water.
Also, unfortunately, there is no fitness center. -- I was pleasantly told that this was because of the age ... hmmmm, I know for sure that two rooms could be converted into an exercise room. They should have just said, "we're so sorry, we just don't have an exercise room and not used the hotel age excuse."
... once again --- would definitely stay at hotel again!
: -)

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side/center hotel room. Otherwise you'll be looking at the highway/street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Some Holiday Inns treat reward night redemptions as a pain - the hotel is not making anything on the room so don't really try to ensure your stay is enjoyable. This HI is the complete opposite, The staff were extremely welcoming and attentive. Esther and her team should be proud.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2013

When visiting the US, we like to stay in Holiday Inn Express hotels. This hotel has got everything we have come to expect from HI Express. This hotel is not so new anymore and it shows in decoration, carpets and furniture. That being said, we did like our room which was nice enough and large. With even a balcony! We chose this hotel for being more or less central for LA area touristic purposes (downtown, Hollywood, Orange County, Ontario Mills Outlet Mall) and for its reasonable pricing. There’s a nice mall (Montebello) around the corner, there are restaurants nearby and the hotel is virtually on the Freeway entry/exit. We’ve been in quite a few HI Express hotels, but I never saw a breakfast room so small, not a good idea. Staff is very friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very friendly service and, very! clean room. Upon arrival, I was met by an extremely friendly staff (Esther), who checked me in within minutes. Five minutes after settling down in my room, I received a call from the front desk inquiring on whether I needed anything else in the room, and whether the room was in good condition. This sense of attention to detail is what makes ones experience pleasant. Additionally, they have a nice warm breakfast from 6-10am. Given I was there with my wife and 2 kids, the kids loved the endless pancakes (all included in the room fee).
When I checked out, I was faced with the same friendly and courteous staff who even offered my family bottles of water for the road. I left that place knowing I will be back!

Room Tip: Be sure to make it in for breakfast which is included in with your room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ilove2travel951
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
Quality Inn
#3 of 12 in Rosemead
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park
Downtown
The L.A. Hotel Downtown
The L.A. Hotel Downtown
#32 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles Rosemead? Share your experiences!