“Good For Overnight Stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Booked this room for an overnight stay to appear on "Kitchen Nightmares" and "The Price is Right". Check in was seamless. Booked online through Kayak. Lobby was clean. Girl behind the counter was nice and fast. Saw the area where breakfast is served. We checked out before breakfast, but the area looked nice and clean. When we got to the room, it was very clean. Good size for just 2 of us. Very nice looking. The TV was a little annoying in the sense that it only went up so high on the volume. I guess there is a limit set by the hotel in order to keep guests from blaring the TV, but once you turned the AC on, you could barely hear some programs. Room had a sofa in it. That was cool. Micro refrigerator and microwave included. All in all, a very nice room at a very good price. Only took about 20 minutes to get from the hotel to CBS Studios on Beverly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joe B

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Building had attractive exterior and basic lobbly. The check in and check out were handled quickly and efficiently. Maid service was excellent and friendly. I found the suite to be surprisingly large, attractive and well furnished for the price paid. It included a large desk, a dining table and a sofa. The bathroom was spacious but lacked sufficient sound proofing. The bedroom soundproofing allowed a small amount of nise but couldn't hear conversation. The shower flow in my room #318 was above average for 3 to 4 star hotels. Breakfast was nothing special but adequate. With light traffic we were in downtown Los Angeles in 15 minutes.

Room Tip: My room on the top floor facing the parking lot was excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I found it clean. Small suites, microwave, refrigerator, usual amenities. Lobby sparsely furnished, parking close and easy access. Just like most motels in this price range. If the location is good for you then you will be happy. Better than most on this street. My only negative was they do not have noise reducing walls and ceilings. I could hear a great deal of bed squeaking and walking from the room upstairs.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Uptowngal12
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was here for work (4 nights), this hotel is in a mostly asian area of Rosemead. First I will adress the hotel: Comfort Suites is the top of the Choice Hotel food chain and as such you expect it and pay for it to be better. This was not the case. Lobby is clean people are nice but the room are not cleaned well. It looked like the area on the floor behind the toilet had not seen a mop in some time. I emptied my razor in the trash and 3 days later the same bag is still in the can. Showerhead has a life of it own once water is applied. Grout around the tub looks nasty. Noise...we are talking about NOISE...street noise, other guest noise I think they saved money by skipping insulation on the build. Oh like smoke? They let people smoke RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOORS TO THE HOTEL....epic failure. Now the area: There is a Asian place right next door but you go there your on your own....taco bell half block and across the street, next closest is carl jr about 5 blocks...nothing else close, nothing close to do eithere. This place worked for me because it was close to the job but if I come back I am looking for another place.

Room Tip: No pool, no nothing. I would not stay here if I needed to rest
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2011

The room was fine, breakfast was lacking, and the road noise was unbearable. Please request a room away from the main road. We were on the first floor and luckily only had someone above us the last night because we heard EVERYTHING, several times. There was not a lot nearby the hotel but we only slept there. We left early and got back late each day. When we return we would not stay there again because of the location to area attractions. It was on the low end of Comfort Suites which I stay at often. Luckily I was staying on reward points.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the road
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Darth297
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Booked this hotel thru Travelocity Top Secret Hotels as a supposedly 3-star hotel. No Way! The bedspread was torn and dirty, walls had marks, bathroom reeked of mold and the tub was absolutely black at the bottom, where you would stand to take a shower. The grout on the bathroom tile floor was filthy. Very poorly maintained, as this is a relatively new hotel. The so-called fitness room had no water, no towels, and no air circulation. When I tried to purchase water from the only vending machine, it was sold out, so the front desk suggested I walk to a nearby liquor store instead of providing water. Was terribly disappointed, as I was expecting a 3-star hotel. I did take photos, but the resolution was not very good, so I won't post them, but would email them by request.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GatesBGates
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We chose this hotel due to the proximity to a family funeral. The room was large, beds comfy. However, it is a fact that if you want an uninterrupted night's sleep, request a 3rd floor room at the back of the hotel. At check in we requested a 3rd floor room at the back, but none were ready at that time (2:30 pm). The room was clean; with the exception that some broken candy was left on the floor by the TV and the next day after our room was cleaned, the candy had been picked up by the maid we suppose and placed on top of the dresser!!?? Room 123 needs the following four maintenance items performed: 1. coffee maker does not work properly; when we tried to make coffee, the water reservoir was full of brown dirty water which we had to empty in the sink and clean out best we could, then upon making coffee, the pump didn't pump water from the reservoir to make a full pot of coffee - only about 1/2 cup comes through; - we did notify the front desk, but never received another coffee maker. 2. The sole plate on the iron is covered with black muck - so don't iron anything with it. I gingerly had to use it to iron a white shirt. YIKES!! 3. The shower floor in the bath tub needs a good scrubbing!!! It's not clean and has a dark tinge. 4. On our last morning, the hair dryer started making a terrible noise and smelled like it was on fire. I immediately shut it off and unplugged it from the wall. Did notify the front desk to ensure the next guest wouldn't be shocked or injured.
For the most part, the room was okay; but for the price we paid, everything should be in safe, working order. This is the first Comfort Suites I've stayed at that had any problems. (Breakfast was good).

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank mptibb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Garden Inn Motel
Garden Inn Motel
#2 of 5 in San Gabriel
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-El Monte/Los Angeles

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!