“Basically Fine”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Rosemead
California
“Basically Fine”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I found it clean. Small suites, microwave, refrigerator, usual amenities. Lobby sparsely furnished, parking close and easy access. Just like most motels in this price range. If the location is good for you then you will be happy. Better than most on this street. My only negative was they do not have noise reducing walls and ceilings. I could hear a great deal of bed squeaking and walking from the room upstairs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Uptowngal12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Antelope, California
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was here for work (4 nights), this hotel is in a mostly asian area of Rosemead. First I will adress the hotel: Comfort Suites is the top of the Choice Hotel food chain and as such you expect it and pay for it to be better. This was not the case. Lobby is clean people are nice but the room are not cleaned well. It looked like the area on the floor behind the toilet had not seen a mop in some time. I emptied my razor in the trash and 3 days later the same bag is still in the can. Showerhead has a life of it own once water is applied. Grout around the tub looks nasty. Noise...we are talking about NOISE...street noise, other guest noise I think they saved money by skipping insulation on the build. Oh like smoke? They let people smoke RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOORS TO THE HOTEL....epic failure. Now the area: There is a Asian place right next door but you go there your on your own....taco bell half block and across the street, next closest is carl jr about 5 blocks...nothing else close, nothing close to do eithere. This place worked for me because it was close to the job but if I come back I am looking for another place.

Room Tip: No pool, no nothing. I would not stay here if I needed to rest
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 8, 2011

The room was fine, breakfast was lacking, and the road noise was unbearable. Please request a room away from the main road. We were on the first floor and luckily only had someone above us the last night because we heard EVERYTHING, several times. There was not a lot nearby the hotel but we only slept there. We left early and got back late each day. When we return we would not stay there again because of the location to area attractions. It was on the low end of Comfort Suites which I stay at often. Luckily I was staying on reward points.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the road
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Darth297
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Booked this hotel thru Travelocity Top Secret Hotels as a supposedly 3-star hotel. No Way! The bedspread was torn and dirty, walls had marks, bathroom reeked of mold and the tub was absolutely black at the bottom, where you would stand to take a shower. The grout on the bathroom tile floor was filthy. Very poorly maintained, as this is a relatively new hotel. The so-called fitness room had no water, no towels, and no air circulation. When I tried to purchase water from the only vending machine, it was sold out, so the front desk suggested I walk to a nearby liquor store instead of providing water. Was terribly disappointed, as I was expecting a 3-star hotel. I did take photos, but the resolution was not very good, so I won't post them, but would email them by request.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GatesBGates
cheyenne
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We chose this hotel due to the proximity to a family funeral. The room was large, beds comfy. However, it is a fact that if you want an uninterrupted night's sleep, request a 3rd floor room at the back of the hotel. At check in we requested a 3rd floor room at the back, but none were ready at that time (2:30 pm). The room was clean; with the exception that some broken candy was left on the floor by the TV and the next day after our room was cleaned, the candy had been picked up by the maid we suppose and placed on top of the dresser!!?? Room 123 needs the following four maintenance items performed: 1. coffee maker does not work properly; when we tried to make coffee, the water reservoir was full of brown dirty water which we had to empty in the sink and clean out best we could, then upon making coffee, the pump didn't pump water from the reservoir to make a full pot of coffee - only about 1/2 cup comes through; - we did notify the front desk, but never received another coffee maker. 2. The sole plate on the iron is covered with black muck - so don't iron anything with it. I gingerly had to use it to iron a white shirt. YIKES!! 3. The shower floor in the bath tub needs a good scrubbing!!! It's not clean and has a dark tinge. 4. On our last morning, the hair dryer started making a terrible noise and smelled like it was on fire. I immediately shut it off and unplugged it from the wall. Did notify the front desk to ensure the next guest wouldn't be shocked or injured.
For the most part, the room was okay; but for the price we paid, everything should be in safe, working order. This is the first Comfort Suites I've stayed at that had any problems. (Breakfast was good).

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank mptibb
Tallahassee
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This is a small Comfort Suite located just off I-10 in the community of Rosemead, CA. Very clean and well organized. We had a king room with a small sitting area which included a microwave and frig. Bathroom was large and towels were plentiful. It is located on a somewhat busy street. I would recommend asking for a room away from the highway and on the third floor so you don't have anyone running around over your head. Soundproofing between rooms is non-existant. We were awoken a number times during the night during our week long stay by rowdy love makers. Carry your own laptop because the PC in the lobby is a joke. Breakfast is good. Nice eating area with attendant and TV. Televisions in the rooms are a joke.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed November 4, 2010

In this room on the 3rd floor, after I took off my shoes, I immediately stepped on fingernail clips and they were disgusting. The floor was obviously not vacuumed thoroughly. In the bathroom, the white bath towels didn't look white and they did not feel cleanly wash and fresh. After my bath, I slept on the bed and my body had a bad reaction. I was itching all over. It must be fleas and bed bugs. In addition, the air conditioner was loud. I couldn't sleep at all. It was a nightmare at this cheap hotel. The only good thing about it is the decent waffles, bananas, oranges, bread and bagels. I would never come back again to this hotel so what if the room price was low. Beware.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#2 of 4 in Monterey Park
Best Western Markland Hotel
Best Western Markland Hotel
#1 of 4 in Monterey Park

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!