“Nice hotel, need to be more strict about noise levels”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We spent one night in this hotel, and it was a very good experience barring just one thing. The hotel staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was great. The location worked very well for us, since we were visiting the Wine Country and the hotel was right by US-101. There's a number of good restaurants close to the hotel, so that's another plus.

The one thing that bothered us during our stay at the hotel was noisy neighbors. The folks in the room right next to us were partying and shouting at the top of their voices from about 1am to 3am. I called and reported it to the front desk a couple of times, and they said that they had already called the concerned room and advised them about it. But the trouble didn't go away until a little after 3am, when they seem to have left. I think the front desk should have been more strict and should have taken more effective action to make sure we could sleep well during the night.

But other than that, a really nice hotel at a great location that we'd love to go back to. Hopefully we won't have unruly neighbors this time around!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County

Reviewed December 20, 2009

Nice hotel that had a courteous staff, and is easy to find/very close to Highway 101. It had a very clean laundry facility, a "Business Center" with a PC and printer, a workout room with a treadmill, "stepper," and other fitness equipment, a small snack bar behind the lobby counter, and a breakfast area where some modest complimentary breakfast options are provided. During my visit in mid-December 2009, I found the entire facility to be clean, fully functional, and reasonably priced. I plan on being a repeat customer upon my return to Sonoma County.

Some other notes:

There are NUMEROUS dining, grocery, and gasoline options nearby (many within a half mile). In the event that your car needs attention during your trip, there are two Auto Parts stores, a Target and Wal-Mart, plus several Auto Repair and two Oil Change shops in the area.

My room was on the West end of the building, and any traffic noise was negligible in that particular location.

This hotel is fairly new, and the room doors were equipped with modern, secure locks. And during my stay, I saw no undesirable characters whatsoever.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank SFBayArea_Reviewer
Reviewed September 29, 2009

The hotel was clean and in good condition. The location is nice, near restaurants and highway 101. We mainly saw business travelers staying at the hotel and no one scary like a previous reviewer mentioned. My only recommendation is to bring a fan. The AC kicked on very loudly all night and there was a fair amount of traffic noise in the morning. The fan feature of the AC didn't work or isn't configured to run as expected. It just made for a night of interrupted sleep. Otherwise, no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We found ourselves rushing late at night to get a motel (lack of planning on our part for sure). Seemed nearly impossible to find ANYthing affordable. We stumbled on this place. They had one room left with 2 beds, but it was a smoking room...FINE we said..anything at this point. We had an upstairs room on the corner. As the kids were helping us unload the suitcases etc out of our van, we noticed some really "Shady" characters hanging around in the parking lot. Sitting way down low in their "low rider Mercedes" etc. It appeared to us to be the type of folks involved in illegal activity of one sort or another. Scared the kids bad. Once inside, we were dead tired. I noticed that the room had NO "latch" type lock, deadbolt, anything except the rather cheap doorknob lock. We piled our suitcases up against the door as we noticed the "activity" increasing out in the parking lot below us. The room: GROSS. The cost: Ridiculous. The staff: Reasonably friendly, but you could tell they had that "we don't care what goes on here as long as you PAY for your room" look in their eyes. In the morning we were happy to see all 4 of our van's tires were intact, no broken windows. This is the first and ONLY motel that gave us ALL the "creeps". If I had a 12 gauge shotgun, I'd probably slept like a baby. YES, it was that bad. Sorry folks, but your Motel is a dog.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2009

DO NOT MAKE RESERVATIONS HERE!! On accident I made nonrefundable reservations for my husband here, who was going to be on military orders. I called the 1-800 number given to me by the hotel, stating that his orders had changed and even faxed them a set of his orders. They would neither refund nor cancel the reservation. Way to support the troops! I'll never stay at this hotel again, as well as telling all of my millitary friends to not stay here either.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I was a bit hesitant staying at a 2 star hotel ; but this hotel is nice and new. The staff was extremely helpful in locating wineries. The area is kind of comercial with a Costco and Safeway within walking distance. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2009

although it does not have a hot tub, it met all of Hampton, great warmth and kindness that we love. Family came to meet us and they also stayed so we had a longer visit and was able to have a very nice breakfast together befor they departed. Thank you Hampton for the feeling of safety that so many other places do not offer. We are returning next month. This will be the only place we will stay while in the area.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Oxford Suites Sonoma County - Rohnert Park
Fountaingrove Inn
Fountaingrove Inn
#4 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County? Share your experiences!